[Suggestion] More uses for Mystic Forge Stones

As title, I, as someone who has bought a Silver-fed/Copper-Fed salvage-o-matic, no longer have any use out of these stones as someone who hasn't bought an unlimited salvage kit. Not asking for anything profitable, just something else that is useful, and would benefit both players that do and do not have a 'sink' for these stones.

@Shirlias.8104 said:You can use them for MF gamble.

I’ve got better things to spend other currency on than the toilet.

I’ve always used rare quality kits for salvage, for me, using different kits for different items is not worth the, even minor, thought process into doing so. The savings between kits are too trivial to even discuss tbh. Regardless, you buy the salvage-o-matics for convenience, and nothing more.

Now back to the actual topic, the only use these stones have is a 250 use kit, and 1:1 substitution for gambling. It definitely needs other uses. I’d be happy to trade these for Revive Orbs, utility/food primers or Merchant Accesses. Other things that are worth the similar Gem Value.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I think it’s unlikely they’ll give you items that are worth gems in exchange for free items they give you as that’s a potential loss of sales and might have to be counted as a loss on their books. At best I think they might allow ingame only items to be purchased with mystic forge stones.

You can get all the items I suggested Swapping MF Stones for, from the Chest of Black Lion goods, from the daily log in reward. Just because they have a gem value, does not mean you can only get them from the gemstore, hence my suggestion of trading them, for items you can get from the Chest of Black Lion goods (precisely where I keep getting stones from, along with AP chests!). Free items, for free items, but giving some use back to something that for some players, are useless.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I think it’s unlikely they’ll give you items that are worth gems in exchange for free items they give you as that’s a potential loss of sales and might have to be counted as a loss on their books. At best I think they might allow ingame only items to be purchased with mystic forge stones.

You can get all the items I suggested Swapping MF Stones for, from the Chest of Black Lion goods, from the daily log in reward. Just because they have a gem value, does not mean you can only get them from the gemstore, hence my suggestion of trading them, for items you can get from the Chest of Black Lion goods (precisely where I keep getting stones from, along with AP chests!). Free items, for free items, but giving some use back to something that for some players, are useless.

I know you get all these items for free. However they’ve already have that set up and accounted for in their books as a loss. If they have a new set of free gemstore items that they’re handing out then that also will need to be accounted for as a loss of sales.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

I know you get all these items for free. However they’ve already have that set up and accounted for in their books as a loss. If they have a new set of free gemstore items that they’re handing out then that also will need to be accounted for as a loss of sales.

Not that you personally would be able to determine what would be a loss, but I will bet that Anet doesn't make a lot of dollar on these consumables they put into the Chest of Black Lion Goods (Hence why they have given them out for free for Daily log ins and from Fractal chests), so, why not change the MF Stones to be able to be traded in some sort of ratio for something else from the same pool (Keys excluded), that would actually make them useful to everyone? Even a 5:1 for a Transmutation charge would be better than them being sat in my bank, gathering dust because I bought a Salvag-o-matic, with IRL money...

Well, then, an alternate suggestion--if they won't make another use for the things, how about giving them a vendor value so we can at least sell them? (Which, by the way, would also be nice for Auric dust, airship oil and ley line sparks, all of which accumulate with little use until you run out of space and delete them.)

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

Not that you personally would be able to determine what would be a loss, but I will bet that Anet doesn't make a lot of dollar on these consumables they put into the Chest of Black Lion Goods (Hence why they have given them out for free for Daily log ins and from Fractal chests), so, why not change the MF Stones to be able to be traded in some sort of ratio for something else from the same pool (Keys excluded), that would actually make them useful to everyone?

The mystic forge stones are worth 45-50 gems each. If they make a change that allows free mystic stones to be exchanged for equivalent value gemstore items then that will need to be accounted for as a loss of sales in their books, as those unwanted mystic stones are being exchanged for wanted other gemstore items. This would lower the sales of these wanted gemstore items as some of them would have been purchased if they couldn’t be gotten as a free swap. So any swap of mf stones will need to consider loss of income to ANet. Which means that at best mf Stone swaps will be for ingame items only.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:You can use them for MF gamble.

I’ve got better things to spend other currency on than the toilet.

I’ve always used rare quality kits for salvage, for me, using different kits for different items is not worth the, even minor, thought process into doing so. The savings between kits are too trivial to even discuss tbh. Regardless, you buy the salvage-o-matics for convenience, and nothing more.

Now back to the actual topic, the only use these stones have is a 250 use kit, and 1:1 substitution for gambling. It definitely needs other uses. I’d be happy to trade these for Revive Orbs, utility/food primers or Merchant Accesses. Other things that are worth the similar Gem Value.

The gamble isn't even worth it, if you're trying to farm for precursors. The forge stone doesn't count as the same type.

I have way too many of these things, and it would be nice to have a purpose for them.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I think it's unlikely that ANet is going to add more uses just because a few people don't like the options already available.

There's a difference in not liking the options, and not having a suitable option. Being that these stones are readily rewarded in Black Lion Goods chests from Daily log-ins and from Fractal chests, on top of Achievement Chests, why should those of us who have bought unlimited salvage kits, no longer have a use for a reward?

More to the point, why, do these stones only have the sole use of creating a salvage kit/being a wild card in the toilet? Before the unlimited salvagers, understandable, but now? No, these do need looking at. My Suggestion is to simply make these useful for all players, not just those who craft Mystic Kits.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I think it's unlikely that ANet is going to add more uses just because a few people don't like the options already available.

There's a difference in not liking the options, and not having a suitable option. Being that these stones are readily rewarded in Black Lion Goods chests from Daily log-ins and from Fractal chests, on top of Achievement Chests, why should those of us who have bought unlimited salvage kits, no longer have a use for a reward?

More to the point, why, do these stones only have the sole use of creating a salvage kit/being a wild card in the toilet? Before the unlimited salvagers, understandable, but now? No, these do need looking at. My Suggestion is to simply make these useful for all players, not just those who craft Mystic Kits.

You've described a specific example of disliking the available options. They have a use; you've decided it's not valuable to you. That's no different from any of the other rewards in the game: new players find lots of value in exotic drops, because they lack access to gear. As folk play more, exotics turn into "TP trash." You bought a silver-fed, which changed your perspective on utility.

I'm not against ANet changing rewards; I just disagree that you've established a reason convincing to ANet.

• 3 years later...

I would like to buy black lion chest keys in game from some vendor with mystic forge stones, that would be cool, for like the same price as the mystic forge stone cost=same price as the black lion chest cost or maybe a bit more expensive to not encourage the people to buy outright the mfs and still want to play to get them.

@KillingTimeZ.5289 said:

I would like to buy black lion chest keys in game from some vendor with mystic forge stones, that would be cool, for like the same price as the mystic forge stone cost=same price as the black lion chest cost or maybe a bit more expensive to not encourage the people to buy outright the mfs and still want to play to get them.

Nice necro, now days you can trade 1 a day for provisoner token in lions arch as well.