Fractal CMs weekly and AR account bound

Alita.8142

Leave here some ideas to improve fractals:

• Let us show UFE kps from wallet or of other simple way without having to resort tedious external webs.

• CMs 100, 99 and 98 should have only a reward weekly, and not daily. T4 dailies are fine because these fractals are rotating and everyday are differents but play everyday 100-99-98 for get daily rewards can be tiring. Chest reward for first time of week when complete CM 100, 99 and 98 would be equivalent or similar to do it all 7 days, that is, all drop of CMs daily x7 -> 2.800 relics, 42 pristine relics, etc, and you only need complete them once for week just like raids. Also it helps for many people would have more patience with inexperienced people since they only have to do Cms once a week and it wouldn't take that long, and more new players would be encouraged to do CMs.

• About Agony resistance, if this would be account bound shared between characters, more characters could be played freely like in raids and other modes, and there would be no limitations for swapping whenever you like. 2 possible options:

A ) Option cheap and accesible: use some new effect or similar thing, for example if any character have less of 150 AR from infusions, new effect is applicated and you have exactly 150 AR automatically, and if you have 150 AR or more from infusions equipped, effect is off and dont gain everything. This new effect could be reward when complete all 100 fractals and will be account bound.

B ) Option expensive: Increase the resistance much more in Mist Attunement 1-2-3-4, these effect could take more advantages, for example ->MA 1 : You have 20 AR (can do T1 with any char without infusions)MA 2: 75MA 3 : 120MA 4: 150And so that it does not break omnipotion, it could simply fit ignore most of AR from MA if you have equiped a high amount of AR from infusions, so that it is compensated and is the same as it has been until now.

And that is all I wanted to say, what do you think of these ideas or what else would you change about fractals?

CMs weekly is a good idea! Would make fractals less grindy.And they should give you the same amount of loot per week as they do now if you run them every day of the week. Agreed.Also, yeah, that would make the CMs a bit more tolerant and less elitist to newcommers since even if you take all day to complete one, you only have to complete it once for the week. That's true, right now, the reason most players cite for not allowing inexperienced players in their group is time. And that's understandable, if you need to spend 4 hours a day completing CMs every day it will get really old really fast. But once a week, that's not a problem even if it takes that long.

I don't agree with the account bound AR though. One of the few reasons to get Ascended gear since you totally don't need it at all, or even legendary, is Fractals and infusions. Without that, there's really no need for Ascended gear at all in most cases. You can already stat change them for a certain sum depending on the stats, and you can share them between characters that use the same armor weight. Yes, you can't change builds that often in fractals but that's what legendaries are for if you're really into that.

What's more - agony resistance infusions prices would plummet hard! Suddenly, not many people would need AR anymore, but the infusion drops would stay the same. And i doubt Anet is willing to mess with the drop rates because that will in turn make it very hard for new players to get into fractals at first (if they can't get enough AR). You either get too many AR infusions per run for an account bount AR, or you don't get enough for new players to comfortably start getting into fractals.

If you make AR a mastery like i think you suggested, what do you do with thousands of existing infusions then? Some people are selling +20 (or whatever) infusions for thousands of gold, and spent almost as much to make them...

But.. A weekly CM - yes please!

The thing with a weekly is that the majority will rush it at the beginning of the week. This creates an issue for those doing them throughout the week, or even at the end, as there will be less players to group with.

The goal of dailies is to get players to log in daily and changing it up to weeklies is counterproductive to that.

The rewards should also match what is done to earn them. Getting the rewards for a full week of CM clears by doing just a single clear is a big fail.

@Veprovina.4876 said:I don't agree with the account bound AR though. One of the few reasons to get Ascended gear since you totally don't need it at all, or even legendary, is Fractals and infusions. Without that, there's really no need for Ascended gear at all in most cases. You can already stat change them for a certain sum depending on the stats, and you can share them between characters that use the same armor weight. Yes, you can't change builds that often in fractals but that's what legendaries are for if you're really into that.

What's more - agony resistance infusions prices would plummet hard! Suddenly, not many people would need AR anymore, but the infusion drops would stay the same. And i doubt Anet is willing to mess with the drop rates because that will in turn make it very hard for new players to get into fractals at first (if they can't get enough AR). You either get too many AR infusions per run for an account bount AR, or you don't get enough for new players to comfortably start getting into fractals.

Infusions still would be very useful for get >150 AR and better attributes from ominipotion, my idea is that with any alt chars without infusions can play also T4 fractals having 150 AR of base, with req still also of to have equipped a full ascended gear, but without needing of move gear from a char to other, that's very annoying.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The thing with a weekly is that the majority will rush it at the beginning of the week. This creates an issue for those doing them throughout the week, or even at the end, as there will be less players to group with.

The goal of dailies is to get players to log in daily and changing it up to weeklies is counterproductive to that.

The rewards should also match what is done to earn them. Getting the rewards for a full week of CM clears by doing just a single clear is a big fail.

But in raids it's like this, many people do the raids in the first 1-2 days of week, and I don't see a problem, even on weekend there are still many people doing groups for raids. As I said before, I find it too repetitive to always do the same 3 fractal CMs everyday, while fractal dailies dont have that problem because they are rotating. If they were to change Cms dailies to weekly, rewards should also be incresed (x5, x7 or similar).

Other option would be do CM daily but only 1 of 3 CMs, and rotate them, similar to strike daily, with better rewards to compensate for only there is 1 CM per day.

Be careful what you wish for you just might get it. Raids have a far lower payout because at the end you often just get unid gears and decorations.

Weekly CMs with a full payout is a terrible idea , the added rewards are daily and already significant enough. The reason why people don't want to "teach CMs" (particularly Sunqua) is a lot of people don't even break CC bars in normal T4s. If you want to make it more accessible and less guardian + rev based especially after the CC consumables nerf (which coincided with a steep cliff dropoff of LFG I suspect) , then the extraneous breakbars for adds should be further normalized for 5 people versus a 10 person raid (something such as Slothasor or Samarog is 4000-4500ish).

MAMA: 1800 defiance , Assault Knights: 800 defiance eachSiax : 2000 defiance --- in line with a raid bossEnsolyss : 2000 defiance , 2250 defiance --- in line with a raid bossSkorvald: 2200 defiance --- in line with a raid bossArtsariiv: 2100 defiance --- in line with a raid bossArkk: 1800 defiance --- in line with a raid boss

Ai, Keeper of the Peak : 3200 defiance --- inflated versus the past bossesSorrow : 1800 defiance in 10 second window --- clearly not equal to what has been present in the past

In a dynamic event on an openworld map , the scaling at 5 players is 120 defiance per player with a 15 second window.

Re: ARIf people can't be bothered to get AR for their character (eighteen +9s is 135 gold and if you want to be optimal and only run 150 AR you can get 150AR in 18 slots for around 100 gold) then they probably shouldn't play it in fractals. The only thing that I think could be added is the introduction of a recipe to combine +5 stat WvW infusions with +9 agony infusions, to give people without a full suite of templates and legendary items ability to reuse gear.

Re: Increasing Mist attunement ARIt would benefit people already invested in the mode and not help new players whatsover. That's entirely contrary to your intention.

@Alita.8142 said:But in raids it's like this, many people do the raids in the first 1-2 days of week, and I don't see a problem, even on weekend there are still many people doing groups for raids. As I said before, I find it too repetitive to always do the same 3 fractal CMs everyday, while fractal dailies dont have that problem because they are rotating. If they were to change Cms dailies to weekly, rewards should also be incresed (x5, x7 or similar).

There's a weekly cap on currency and rewards that you can get on raids, but you still have to play them to get them all, it doesn't matter if it's all done in 1-2 days or if you took the whole week to do them. Besides that, if there were daily raid rewards, I'm sure people would do them every day lol ... Sorry but, getting 7 days worth of CM rewards but playing it only once a week? lol.. that ain't happening. It is repetitive because it was meant to be repetitive, Anet expects you to play other stuff in game rather than just one thing over and over every day. You have other ways to earn gold, you just choose not to do them, so of course it becomes repetitive and boring after a while.

Also, if they made agony account wide, they would only make agony infusions worth less each day, since people would only have to get 150 AR once per account. The whole point of fractals is the replayability and horizontal character progression..

Last but not least, Anet is against showing any kind of KP, hence why they made the essences a wallet currency rather than something you can link to other players.. it would be nice if you could just check that without external sources but there's only external sources because Anet is against it.

What they could do for the fractal community is to still increase the levels and difficulty, so people could still have something to go for. Rewards wise, i believe it's good as it is right now.

Yeah the weekly cms won't happen unless they significantly reduce the payout. The problem with that idea is that you would still spend the same amount of time for a significantly higher profit margin. Now I wouldn't have an issue with getting more gold per hour but anet definitely would as they always introduce some way to balance their economy and thus punishing people who actually want to do them each day.Someone with 7 accounts could be doing it daily and get a lot more profit than they used to before and they don't want that. i think the best option here is to just let things be like they are and if you don't feel like doing the cms just skip them on that day. it's not like you'd be the only person. there are plenty of T4 only groups

@Alita.8142 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:I don't agree with the account bound AR though. One of the few reasons to get Ascended gear since you totally don't need it at all, or even legendary, is Fractals and infusions. Without that, there's really no need for Ascended gear at all in most cases. You can already stat change them for a certain sum depending on the stats, and you can share them between characters that use the same armor weight. Yes, you can't change builds that often in fractals but that's what legendaries are for if you're really into that.

What's more - agony resistance infusions prices would plummet
hard
! Suddenly, not many people would need AR anymore, but the infusion drops would stay the same. And i doubt Anet is willing to mess with the drop rates because that will in turn make it very hard for new players to get into fractals at first (if they can't get enough AR). You either get too many AR infusions per run for an account bount AR, or you don't get enough for new players to comfortably start getting into fractals.

Infusions still would be very useful for get >150 AR and better attributes from ominipotion, my idea is that with any alt chars without infusions can play also T4 fractals having 150 AR of base, with req still also of to have equipped a full ascended gear, but without needing of move gear from a char to other, that's very annoying.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The thing with a weekly is that the majority will rush it at the beginning of the week. This creates an issue for those doing them throughout the week, or even at the end, as there will be less players to group with.

But in raids it's like this, many people do the raids in the first 1-2 days of week, and I don't see a problem, even on weekend there are still many people doing groups for raids. As I said before, I find it too repetitive to always do the same 3 fractal CMs everyday, while fractal dailies dont have that problem because they are rotating. If they were to change Cms dailies to weekly, rewards should also be incresed (x5, x7 or similar).

And it is a problem for a lot of groups when trying to find fills.

Then don’t do the CMs every day?

Other option would be do CM daily but only 1 of 3 CMs, and rotate them, similar to strike daily, with better rewards to compensate for only there is 1 CM per day.

That just sounds like asking for more rewards for a fraction of the effort. If you want the rewards for all CMs then you have to do all of them. If you want to get the rewards for doing them for a week then you have to do them every day.

Why do players assume that reducing the reason to play the game is always a good idea (or in any way a good idea)? I never get that.

If you don't want to do fractal challenge modes daily, then DON'T. Stop slaving away on content you do not enjoy or do not want to play at that point in time. While at it, stop trying to ruin other players fun who actually enjoy the content.

Making current fractal rewards weekly, aka simply increasing them 7 fold but only available as weekly reward, would make this already very rewarding content by far the most lucrative content in the game bar none. Also your assumption that this would help new players in any way is hilarious. Never in this game has reducing the time players spend on content helped the general player base.

Agony resistance is an issue? Simple math:A full set of 150 AR, besides the ascended gear which is required, costs around 120 -130 gold. At 20 gold per day for running T4 fractals, that's about a week worth of gold provided from the content for the content. That is with calculating for all 150+ AR coming from infusions, which is not even needed. Hardly insane grind for am MMORPG.

The comparison to raids is plain bad. Raids have serious issues with repeatability reasons past the first clear in the week. Why is this in any way a good idea to transfer this issue to fractals?

@Alita.8142 said:And that is all I wanted to say, what do you think of these ideas or what else would you change about fractals?

Honest answer? I think they are pretty bad and not well thought out bordering on just being greedy for rewards with minimal effort.

I'm all for making the CMs weekly. For one, it would go quite far for community health to not have that CM carrot dangling in front of their face every day. Burnout is a serious issue, and saying "just don't do it" doesn't change that other players will keep doing CMs and get burned out anyway. This would also re-integrate the pool of players: the 200KP players won't have as much incentive to segregate themselves from the rest of the fractal community. Having their skills and experience just hanging around regular fractal groups will make it easier for newcomers.

I'm not for increasing the rewards for CMs sevenfold, but I would be for increasing the rewards of the regular fractal dailies slightly, since we no longer have to balance income around the assumption that CMs will be run every day. As for account bound infusions... I'm not for it, much for the same reasons that everyone else isn't.

So the pve players have even less content? A good group does daily fractals with cms in 40mins. 50 is common in pugs. Only doing normal t4s would reduce the daily fractal time down to 15-20min. Thats the only instanced pve daily content thats left since a raid fullclear is done in 3h on a single day.That wouldnt even be enough to justify logging in. Im against the weekly cms unless they add a lot more of them. Also lfg would be a serious issue. Its currently almost impossible to find groups for raids after thuesday. Finding a fractal cm group would suffer from the same problem.