Issues after January 5, 2021 patch

Hi,I am experiencing a couple of issues after the January 5, 2021:

• The game often shows the desktop for few seconds during a session (similar to what would happen with ALT-TAB) even if I can still hear the audio. After that it continues as normal.
  • I noticed a performance drop of 10fps (on average) in Crossfire configuration (2 x Rx580).I am happy to provide any detail to help to solve both the issues, especially the first that can be pretty annoying during combat (died couple of times ;) ).

Thanks!

Oh s it's not my Internet for once, was weird I got freeze and sometime DC.Looking at my internet 1st cuz it's often shitty but everything else seem to work fine.. So, now I understand..Hope they fix this fast, I don't want a TESO v2.. I've leave for this exact reason..

Hi @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 ,

Whit the new patch of January 19 the situation got even worst. Now every time I start a battle or go to the map I am bounced to the Windows Desktop for a few seconds then the game continues as expected. Could you please confirm someone is looking into the problem, or at least that you are aware of it?The game is unplayable! I started a month ago buying all the expansions and almost all the leaving seasons because I really liked the story. But it became a nightmare playing. The experience is completely ruined from a bug.

The configuration of my system is:AMD Ryzen 170032GB of Ram2 x AMD RX580

All drivers are up-to-date.

Let me know if anything is required from my side to help solving the problem.Thanks you!

@Extrema Thule.1042 said:Hi @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 ,

Whit the new patch of January 19 the situation got even worst. Now every time I start a battle or go to the map I am bounced to the Windows Desktop for a few seconds then the game continues as expected. Could you please confirm someone is looking into the problem, or at least that you are aware of it?The game is unplayable! I started a month ago buying all the expansions and almost all the leaving seasons because I really liked the story. But it became a nightmare playing. The experience is completely ruined from a bug.

The configuration of my system is:AMD Ryzen 170032GB of Ram2 x AMD RX580

All drivers are up-to-date.

Let me know if anything is required from my side to help solving the problem.Thanks you!

For an individualized response, you will need to contact the Tech CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below ('Submit a Ticket').It's pretty much unheard of for Devs to respond to individual issues on the forum.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

You'd be hard pressed to find any game supporting crossfire properly these days. You mentioned "all drivers are up to date" so I guess you updated and reformatted Windows. I would make sure your BIOS is up to date on your motherboard, particularly if you have the USB flashback or dual BIOS function.

Ryzen has experienced many updates since its launch and even after those updates it's still a dual 4 core CCX (i.e. you can try messing with thread affinity to lock it to one CCX) and not a monolithic 8 core. If your memory settings are incorrect or not optimized you will have larger frame drops since first generation Ryzen has greater memory latency especially from CCX to CCX which is why 3200 CL16/CL14 or higher memory frequency was recommended although most chips could only do 3200 or 3400 MT/s. The 32GB RAM kits were likely to be dual rank , even Samsung B-die had problems with 1st gen Ryzen. You can use the Ryzen memory calculator over at techpowerup to try to optimize your set.

@"Infusion.7149" thank you for the infos. I spent some time doing the math before assembling my PC exactly for the reasons you are mentioning, and you can assume that the configuration is right (the kit I am using is even suggested as optimal on the AMD website). My BIOS is updated too as the rest of the drivers and OS.Nevertheless this is the only game I have affected by the described problem.

The main problem I am experiencing is the fact that the game "ALT-TABs" to desktop (even if the music of the game is still audible) for a few seconds and then continues seamlessly. This causes trouble especially in PvP and WvW where timing is key.

I can leave with not using "crossfire" but not with a ruined game experience. As I said the same problem has been reported on and off on the forum since 2018.Hope this helps understanding my frustration.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" this is what I was referring to. It might be even the same problem not completely solved.Yesterday evening I did WvW and I could not stay alive because the game would ALT-TAB to the desktop every so often.

I would like to have an official "we are a looking into it" from the developers or at least a request for further details, since the support service is useless for their own admission.

An unhappy customer!

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" If for Tech CS Team you mean opening a Ticket to the support Team, I already did it and their answer was, quote:

"Please post your suggestion in the forum most relevant to the subject at hand. For instance, if you are writing about PvP, post in the PvP sub-forum. If you are making a suggestion about a specific profession, please post in that profession's sub-forum. And if you are writing about the Living World, feel free to post in that sub-forum.

Members of the Development Team read the forums daily, and while they usually cannot respond to individual suggestions, the fact that team members can review those suggestions in a public forum helps them gauge the level of interest in a particular idea, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own.

The team looks forward to reviewing your input."

And this after making me format my PC and reinstall the game a couple of times. This story is going on since January as you can see from the title.I signed myself as an unhappy customer for a reason. If you wish me to I can publish the entire ticket here to show what the support is capable of.

Thanks!

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" The ticket went on for 2 months almost. I can't believe that all the people that handled it were junior. Otherwise I formatted my PC for nothing.I have been told as well, quote:"We’re sorry to hear that we haven’t been able to help you reach a resolution for the issue you've been experiencing. At this point, we have gone through all the resources and suggestions at our disposal. We regret that we are unable to continue troubleshooting this issue with you. We recommend that you contact your ISP or local professional for further assistance.

Again, I am sorry that we cannot help you further, but if you have any other questions, please let us know."

Notice that the problem is not at all related ISP related, I am a Computer Science Engineer and I can confirm you that bit. If it was ISP related every MMO I am currently playing would experience it and this is not the case. Another proof is that they asked me to poke low level components of Windows without any connection to the the Internet Service Provider or networking.

What I could find is that it is something related to the Game Engine and does it when it is under stress, but due to the fact that I do not have the source code or debug symbols I cannot be more precise.

Do you still think that it was not escalated already? And that they prefer to get rid of helpless customers?If this is the case I think they are hopeless... But I do not want to believe it just yet.

I will do as you suggested just for further confirmation. Let the forum know what they come up this time.