Really bad skill lag for the past 3 days [VIDEO]

I'm in NA server, location Oce/SEA if that helps. Windows 10 Build 19042.685 (no updates before the issue started, 2 days ago).

The issue gets worse the more players are around. WvW is of course unplayable at the moment for me.

Ping from options panel looks normal (200-400). Internet speed test from fast.com reports 50Mbps.

Graphic settings are set to Best Performance + Shadows: none (everything low or off).

Just wanted to leave my report here, since I can't really enjoy playing like this... at worst I'll wait for a couple days and hope it gets better.

@"Itsmez.8095" said:Looks like issues with your CPU. Monitor you CPU usage + CPU temperature

That makes little sense. CPU would not affect input time. With CPU issues you might see a drop in framerate and general performance, but there's no way ones CPU would affect the time it takes between a button press resulting in the character making an action, especially if everything else appears to be running smoothly. This looks like a connection issue, which have been rampant lately. I've been encountering high ping and occasional lag-spikes up to 10+ seconds too, as an EU based player on NA servers. In fact, if I log in right now, my ping will be in the 800-1500 area, because that's what it usually does around this time of day (EU morning), for whatever reason. I can play fine during the night, but during the EU day, when US servers should be under comparatively little load, I get massive ping and lag spikes.

I suspect this may be in part due to the current pandemic and the higher amount of people working from home, over the internet.

/edit: There's a thread about connectivity/latency issues here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/111982/an-update-on-game-performance-issues#latestMost likely connected to that.

@Wylf.2586 said:

@"Itsmez.8095" said:Looks like issues with your CPU. Monitor you CPU usage + CPU temperature

That makes little sense. CPU would not affect input time. With CPU issues you might see a drop in framerate and general performance, but there's no way ones CPU would affect the time it takes between a button press resulting in the character making an action, especially if everything else appears to be running smoothly. This looks like a connection issue, which have been rampant lately. I've been encountering high ping and occasional lag-spikes up to 10+ seconds too, as an EU based player on NA servers. In fact, if I log in right now, my ping will be in the 800-1500 area, because that's what it usually does around this time of day (EU morning), for whatever reason. I can play fine during the night, but during the EU day, when US servers
should
be under comparatively little load, I get massive ping and lag spikes.

I suspect this may be in part due to the current pandemic and the higher amount of people working from home, over the internet.

/edit: There's a thread about connectivity/latency issues here:
Most likely connected to that.

I was having similiar issues, not as bad. upgraded my CPU and problem was solved. Doesnt really hurt to check on and monitor how your CPU is doing :)I was using really bad mobile internet connection (used my phone as mobile base station) and never had any problems even slightly close to that. If that is connection issues then you must have really really bad connection and probably play overseas server.

@Itsmez.8095 said:I was having similiar issues, not as bad. upgraded my CPU and problem was solved. Doesnt really hurt to check on and monitor how your CPU is doing :)I was using really bad mobile internet connection (used my phone as mobile base station) and never had any problems even slightly close to that. If that is connection issues then you must have really really bad connection and probably play overseas server.

I mean, yeah. The original poster mentioned that he was in the Oceania/South East Asia region, but playing on NA servers. It's nice that your CPU upgrade fixed things for you, but there is no way CPU would affect input lag. That's purely a connection thing. More likely that the connection issues you had just happened to be fixed at around the same time when you upgraded your CPU.

Been having really bad issues with input delay in larger fights, noticed consistently in LWS4 metas, ley anomaly, and squad vs squad wvw fights since the Jan 19 patch. On continental US with good ping to servers and reasonably stable internet over Cat6.

Don't think it is an issue on my end, running Ryzen 7 1700, 16gb DDR4-2666, RX 580 8gb, stock Windows 10 20H2, current WHQL drivers, 512gb NVMe SSD with plenty of space and health, standard power profiles and clock speeds on CPU/GPU/RAM/VRAM, overkill cooling on everything. Game typically runs flawlessly and I don't get those unplayable performance dips in large scale that cause people to yell "MY FRAMES!!!!1" at world bosses. I wish it was on my end, I built this thing in 2017 and want an excuse to build a new one :^)

@Wylf.2586 said:

@"Itsmez.8095" said:I was having similiar issues, not as bad. upgraded my CPU and problem was solved. Doesnt really hurt to check on and monitor how your CPU is doing :)I was using really bad mobile internet connection (used my phone as mobile base station) and never had any problems even slightly close to that. If that is connection issues then you must have really really bad connection and probably play overseas server.

I mean, yeah. The original poster mentioned that he was in the Oceania/South East Asia region, but playing on NA servers. It's nice that your CPU upgrade fixed things for you, but there is no way CPU would affect input lag. That's purely a connection thing. More likely that the connection issues you had just happened to be fixed at around the same time when you upgraded your CPU.

I mean you can clearly see that there is more problems than just input lagg, thats pretty damn clear its not only connection problem. I highly doubt any of my "connection" issues just happened to be fixed exactly the same time when i upgraded my CPU, It was trash internet connection there was nothing else to fix than getting a better internet connection. And i never really had any issues except random rubberbanding and disconnects.

But i dont know what trash internet connection they sell to you on where ever you are from. But im wondering why i never had like 5 fps because of my bad internet connection.

@"Itsmez.8095" said:

I mean you can clearly see that there is more problems than just input lagg, thats pretty kitten clear its not only connection problem. I highly doubt any of my "connection" issues just happened to be fixed exactly the same time when i upgraded my CPU, It was trash internet connection there was nothing else to fix than getting a better internet connection. And i never really had any issues except random rubberbanding and disconnects.

But i dont know what trash internet connection they sell to you on where ever you are from. But im wondering why i never had like 5 fps because of my bad internet connection.

There appears to be a misunderstanding here. The thread in question isn't about FPS, which would be affected by CPU. It's about input lag. As in, you press a button and it takes a while until that button press has any effect. You can see in OPs video that he they have a skill pressed and it stays selected for a decent amount of time without actually triggering, i.E. no damage numbers and the like. This is a connection issue.OP might also have framerate problems (but those could also just be caused by the recording, I know my framerate tends to tank a lot when I use recording software), but that's not really what the thread is about.

@Wylf.2586 said:

@"Itsmez.8095" said:

I mean you can clearly see that there is more problems than just input lagg, thats pretty kitten clear its not only connection problem. I highly doubt any of my "connection" issues just happened to be fixed exactly the same time when i upgraded my CPU, It was trash internet connection there was nothing else to fix than getting a better internet connection. And i never really had any issues except random rubberbanding and disconnects.

There appears to be a misunderstanding here. The thread in question isn't about FPS, which
would
be affected by CPU. It's about input lag. As in, you press a button and it takes a while until that button press has any effect. You can see in OPs video that he they have a skill pressed and it stays selected for a decent amount of time without actually triggering, i.E. no damage numbers and the like. This is a connection issue.OP might also have framerate problems (but those could also just be caused by the recording, I know my framerate tends to tank a lot when I use recording software), but that's not really what the thread is about.

Ohh yeah, i was referring for the fps issues mostly. Yeah the input lagg is probably mostly connection issue. My bad !