Dragon Came To Me In A Dream And He Is Not The Enemy...

Stephen.6312

Just a thought: Everything that takes place after the Commander gets shot with a flaming arrow (representing Primordus) is part of an elaborate dream sequence through which Jormag subtlely converts the Commander to their side. When the Commander awakens, Aurene even acknowledges that the Commander has been having "fitful dreams".

There's a bigger possible message here, though. Aurene talks about Jormag's "vague warnings" that aren't specific enough to reveal anything. Moreover, the episodes, especially during the DRMs, involve language and events that keep reminding me of water. At Rata Sum, destroyers come out of the water. NPCs fight a destroyer with an especially hard shell and must find a way to penetrate it's armour. They also describe destroyers as "flooding in". There are other instances too, but I'm on my phone and this is a mission so I'll skip an exhaustive list of examples.

So, why is Jormag doing this? Well, it's fair to say that Primordus is acting as a proxy for...you guessed it: the Deep Sea Dragon. But why doesn't Jormag just plainly tell Aurene and the Commander about the DSD, or say it's name?

Here's the idea: For some reason, discussing these things plainly is too dangerous for the ears of mortals, even Aurene, to hear. To reveal the DSD's malevolence, Jormag must be subtle so as to prevent further destabilising the Elder Draconic Cycle.

You're not the only one to have noticed it—my partner and I have thought it odd, too. A lot of the weaponry leveraged against Primordus is water-based too. So to say that you're completely off-track would be to ignore some obvious evidence to the contrary. There is something going on, there. I don't know what it is because I don't have enough evidence to say, though this is an interesting theory.

There has been many of references—visual and otherwise—to water lately so I'm of the opinion that something is going on beyond what we see. It could just be playful on teh writer's part to hint at the upcoming content, as it might've been when Bangar namedropped Cantha. It's difficult to know though as this entire storyline has been shrouded in strangeness and intrigue.

An interesting theory, nonetheless.

The Elder Dragons don't work with each other. They're not allies nor servants to one another, and this even goes for the DSD who is just as malicious as the other five are/were. Primordus isn't serving the DSD.

I also don't think ANet is willing to do such an asspull move as "everything you've done for the past year has been a dream".

While a Cthulhu style story would be cool, and would definitely redeem the moronic dragons we call elders, I don't think there's anything to read into here. It's just a common power struggle between two rival powers.

Remember when the elder dragons used to be scary, and had morals and goals that mere mortals couldn't understand? A plot driven by the backs of people, and not divine feats like meddling in the affairs of gods?