Need some advice

Prelease.6731

I was playing guardian DH dps build, I got bored and now switched to ranger. I got a few questions, first one is: Does it have viable dps builds in both fractal and raids?2: Does is have viable support/healer builds in both fractal and raids.3:will I regret switching to ranger from guardian?

1: Certainly. Soulbeast dps is solid in almost all fights in both raids and fractals. If you're doing fractal CMs though, firebrand works much better.2: Somewhat. Firebrand is greatly preferred in fractals, while both firebrand and druid have their place in different raid comps.3: That depends on your playstyle and how much you want to heal and dps. You need two sets of gear to run both a dps build and a healing build anyway, so my recommendation would be to put healing gear on your guardian and dps gear on your ranger since you said the dragonhunter dps was boring you.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it does. It performs just fine in both raids and fractals. For soulbeast, the main difference here is that in CMs and some T4s you might wanna use openers + your rotation instead of the burst rotation you use in raids. Take a look at snowcrows and discretize websites and compare rotations + openers for each fractal boss.

Yes, it does. I don't know if you've heard of Mukluk. He mains a Druid in all GW2 content and released an awesome general healing guide for druid in both raid and fractal scenarios.

It depends. Guardian is way easier to play than Ranger, especially if you're going full zerker. But overall I would say you won't regret it.