Best NA Server for WvW PUGs?

Lord Meowalot.3690

Hi all!

I'm looking to transfer from EU to NA and am looking for a server with a healthy public community, namely:

1. Frequently has skilled commanders that enjoy leading PUG groups
  2. Players are generally skilled enough so that fights are often enjoyable, come on voice chat, and follow commands instead of scattering like a swarm of pewpewing locusts
  3. I'm most after the fights but I don't want an extreme imbalance between PPT/fights

I don't mind there being lots of guilds as long as 1-3 are there (anyway, it seem like its often guild members who lead) but I don't have the schedule to allow joining a hardcore guild at the moment.

Would greatly appreciate any recommendations, thanks!

@"Demon Puppet.6873" said:SBI has Indo who tags very often and is organized. FA has Novahh/Jayy who run a guild called Elite Apes[eA] they tag up and run very strictly comped. Both are great options for NA pugging

Edit: Novahh usually runs more late NA while Indo will run 8 hours a day

I think FA is full at the moment sadly. I too am looking for an active WvW world like OP. I believe SBI is "Very High".GoM seems high on the tier list but is Medium population. How is that? :open_mouth:

@Ruthless.6521 said:from the other side: you might want to avoid SoS seeing as they miss the mark on points 2 and 3

I believe only BG people will say that. They will only say that it's a fair fight as long as they outnumber their enemies. They wouldn't even think of coming out of their spawn when an enemy server has the same size of a blob, pretty much like Mag. Just saying. :P

• Confused 2

@displayname.8315 said:

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:SoS has the best pugs I've ever seen in WvW and they don't require people to be on discord. BG is even dodging this pug squad now. Kudos to the pugmander Claire!!!

That ele guy is great to fight with too.. hard to keep up with sometimes heh

I think it's a she. She's really good in commanding pugs. i haven't seen her lose her cool, very patient towards her pugs. if a fight is lost, she makes sure her pugs don't lose morale and gives pointers on how to do better next time, very good on strategizing the movement of the squad from one map to another. well respected on the server. i love playing my firebrand when i am on her squad. Tbh, i prefer to be in her squad rather than to be on other organized squads on discord with their commanders yelling and cursing like it's everyone's fault but him when a fight is lost.

PS. I don't get it why people are still commanding on Chronos and demand this and that and when they get focused, they scream like a madman not expecting to get downed on such a class that has very poor cleansing and stability.

I'm not normally one for Banter, But SoS for NA is one of the worst for pugs and stuff...SBI/TC/AR for pugging for sure. As I'm from SBI i can say there is quite a few people who pugmand, or at least a small group to run with on EBG.... [OP} has three with Indo/Tiff/Bestplayaever who runs across all timezones. You have the [DETH] and [EK] pugmanding sometimes. A small [Poor} group running the map during early NA lead by Finrar i think his name is. You have [Ham] and {End] I believe now During off hours sorry I don't know there exact timezone for them. You also have myself [AoEs] floating inbetween Late Eu and early NA at times. Not to mention the random people who tag here and there. Oh and [sin] led by Sit and Rub during early NA.

The reason I put AR up is because they have pugmanders as far as I can who fight and PPT and will actually have TRUE pugsquad and not have a 30-40 Guild group stacked with a map q of pugs. As for TC they seem to have a few groups running across timezones nothing crazy big or two small so I'm making a guess on this one but to me seems pretty balanced.

Personal opinion obviously based on fighting them.

BG: Already 2 fat so deniedDB: You wanna win fights I'm assuming?FA: Top 4 for puggingSBI: Top 4 for puggingTC: Top 4 for puggingAR: Top 4 for puggingMag: Just a cloudHoD: Seems ok just low population, not many pugmandersCD: Like RangerS and thieveS?SoS: Other then [VR] [EP] subpar maybe 5th for pugging

I created a 2nd account on SoS about 2 years ago. If you are able to play on SEA/OCX, it is really a good server for pugs.There are at least 2 good and friendly commanders. No toxicity on team chat. No stress, just play for fun.It is completely different from another server which I have paired with on my 1st account about 1 month ago; I turned off the team chat for 2 months.

@anonymous.7812 said:I've only ever seen SoS win fights on SEA/OCX when most every other server has 10 players online. If you're looking for NA pugmanders, avoid SoS like the plague. If you're into grossly outnumbering people on SEA/OCX, and fighting a lot of doors, yeah SoS is probably fine.

Not BG player btw.

There are times when its just the usual PPT group flipping/preparing ect.. In T1 tho its not just a SoS timezone and can be some nice big fights. Yeah alot of the pugs are still just tourists from PvE, but you only really need a few of the frontline to be pro to get things heated up.

@QuickRain.4735 said:

BG: Already 2 fat so deniedDB: You wanna win fights I'm assuming?FA: Top 4 for puggingSBI: Top 4 for puggingTC: Top 4 for puggingAR: Top 4 for puggingMag: Just a cloudHoD: Seems ok just low population, not many pugmandersCD: Like RangerS and thieveS?SoS: Other then [VR] [EP] subpar maybe 5th for pugging

Have accounts on FA and mag..

Maybe FA has a nice sweetspot timezone but it's not that active whenever i check. Lotta PvE pugs there too..Mag is my go to for PvP in WvW. Just plain fun if there's a few peeps online.SoS the main account, landed there from relink's and there's nowhere better to invest gems in right now on NA that's open.

@displayname.8315 said:

@"QuickRain.4735" said:

Have accounts on FA and mag..

Maybe FA has a nice sweetspot timezone but it's not that active whenever i check. Lotta PvE pugs there too..Mag is my go to for PvP in WvW. Just plain fun if there's a few peeps online.SoS the main account, landed there from relink's and there's nowhere better to invest gems in right now on NA that's open.

I mean all i have to do is look at the wvw activity for stats, covering ALL servers SoS is ranked 20+ for kills /kdr/activity the only things they are high in is PPThttps://wvwstats.com/leaderboard.... I really think this speaks for itself on when the OP ask for a server that's balanced in PPT/Fights.

I'm not saying AR/SBI?FA are better at all community wise...As I heard SoS community is pretty friendly... But according to the OP requirements for balance I don't think they want a heavily focused PPT server.

As for FA they are hugely active but they have Pug tags that I could see, and that precisely what the OP asked not to mention they are in the middle of the pack for everything.

As for Mag lets be honest they aren't exactly the most most "friendly" bunch. But hey if you like sitting in SMC all day Mag is the one for you

@"QuickRain.4735" said:

I mean all i have to do is look at the wvw activity for stats, covering ALL servers SoS is ranked 20+ for kills /kdr/activity the only things they are high in is PPThttps://wvwstats.com/leaderboard.... I really think this speaks for itself on when the OP ask for a server that's balanced in PPT/Fights.

I'm not saying AR/SBI?FA are better at all community wise...As I heard SoS community is pretty friendly... But according to the OP requirements for balance I don't think they want a heavily focused PPT server.

NA is spotty altogether. Going by stats isn't fully representative either. One server gets high stats/ PPT until their deadzone then another server comes in with full map queues and farms all afternoon and evening..

Hence the 3 accounts needed for NA.

@"QuickRain.4735" said:As for Mag lets be honest they aren't exactly the most most "friendly" bunch. But hey if you like sitting in SMC all day Mag is the one for youI paired with Mag once. Although there are friendly players/commanders, it is the most toxic server I have played. Need to turn off the team chat.

@Coelho Nat.4697 said:

@"QuickRain.4735" said:As for Mag lets be honest they aren't exactly the most most "friendly" bunch. But hey if you like sitting in SMC all day Mag is the one for youI paired with Mag once. Although there are friendly players/commanders, it is the most toxic server I have played. Need to turn off the team chat.

Bunch of kittens

Perceptions and opinions of servers never fail to amuse me. BG, for the most part, doesn't take it all very seriously. Mag is the same way, mostly just fun. But I never met a spawn camp I didn't like. A lot of people don't "get it" how some servers are more into fights and kills, and those are the ones with more veteran players, in my experience. Annnd that one commander that BG is accused of "dodging" does a kind of 'dingdongditch' where he hits an objective then as soon as he knows the enemy squad is on map to respond, ports to another map. BORING. Coincidentally, the time we all went off line we were able to catch him before he knew we were there sooo... Yep. Anyhoo, to the guy who started this thread: try a link server for a bit to get a feel for different places, and it's usually cheaper gem-wise. For host, HoD has a lot of super nice people. New links will be posted this Friday so you can transfer before reset.

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:SoS has the best pugs I've ever seen in WvW and they don't require people to be on discord. BG is even dodging this pug squad now. Kudos to the pugmander Claire!!!

I think it's a she. She's really good in commanding pugs. i haven't seen her lose her cool, very patient towards her pugs. if a fight is lost, she makes sure her pugs don't lose morale and gives pointers on how to do better next time, very good on strategizing the movement of the squad from one map to another. well respected on the server. i love playing my firebrand when i am on her squad. Tbh, i prefer to be in her squad rather than to be on other organized squads on discord with their commanders yelling and cursing like it's everyone's fault but him when a fight is lost.

PS. I don't get it why people are still commanding on Chronos and demand this and that and when they get focused, they scream like a madman not expecting to get downed on such a class that has very poor cleansing and stability.

Nah, that ele gets farmed and gives the enemy UD. The only bags that ele commander can get are the champ bags hahaha.

Nah, that ele gets farmed and gives the enemy UD. The only bags that ele commander can get are the champ bags hahaha.

Jealous much? You can't get people to follow your tag? You have to make your guild respectable enough for people to follow you. ;)