Why Rune Of The Trapper Needs To Go - Short Video Inside

Trevor Boyer.6524

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see many players here still agruing that Rune of the Trapper dont need to go, in front of trues arguments.

This is just a pure denial, really.

This rune is the incarnation of unhealthiness. It's even not a matter of counterplay or anything. It just allows any Guard to get access to a mecanic (stealth) which was not designed for this profession. A Guard should NOT be able to run away like this just like a thief does : this is a nonsense, unhealthy, unfair and broken.

Next BP : A 10 sec ICD in the worst case, and removed stealth in the best case.

Make it so , that those Runes works with various spells from different proffesions .So every1 can benefit from stealth , till the April of 1st :)If they dont like the stealth mechanic , nerf it to behave like other games , or break from the enemies auto attacks:POr if they dolike it , more captured points will be open to take :PShout Warr > Stealth +> Eviscerate !Condition Rev daily he..otjoiner >Shortbow >Stealth !

@"KrHome.1920" said:Every class can pick speed rune and every class with traps can benefit from trapper rune. Fun fact: trevor plays a class that can use traps and that can benefit from trapper rune. So his class is the one that comes closer to thief than dh ever could, as it has more mobility than dh and traps on top.

"Every class can benefit" is bs. It you play guardian you can't benefit from rune of the chronomancer, on a mesmer you can't get anything from rune of speed, a warrior won't be to get anything from rune of the ranger. That's because on some classes it's actually impossible to get value from these runes.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:Every class can pick speed rune and every class with traps can benefit from trapper rune. Fun fact: trevor plays a class that can use traps and that can benefit from trapper rune. So his class is the one that comes closer to thief than dh ever could, as it has more mobility than dh and traps on top.

"Every class can benefit" is bs. It you play guardian you can't benefit from rune of the chronomancer, on a mesmer you can't get anything from rune of speed, a warrior won't be to get anything from rune of the ranger. That's because on some classes it's actually impossible to get value from these runes.Uh, a mesmer gets permaswiftness with speed runes and 50% boon duration using the signet.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:Every class can pick speed rune and every class with traps can benefit from trapper rune. Fun fact: trevor plays a class that can use traps and that can benefit from trapper runes. So his class is the one that comes closer to thief than dh ever could, as it has more mobility than dh and traps on top.

This is not true at all. Rangers cannot benefit from the Trap Rune in the same way that DHs can. I'll explain why:
  1. DHs have mechanisms like pulls and teleports to be able to make offensive use of the traps. They also have Maw which seals a person into the trap duration so they can't just leave the damage pit once it triggers. The DH also has double symbols and Sword of Justice to stack on the AoE burst. The DH also has front loaded defenses to be able to aggressively burst with the traps, to ensure the opponent is taking a lot more damage from the burst than the DH is taking.
  2. The Ranger has no pulls, no teleports, no big CC pit to seal a person into its traps. Upon the traps just dealing bad damage in general, the Ranger also has little to no big AoE damage to stack onto its trap stack. The Ranger gets less than half of the burst potential with traps that a DH gets, and it has to utilize traps 100% defensively through baiting people into them, rather than being able to go offensive with them through use of pulls and teleports. This doesn't work out so well in middle to high tiers. Better players will obviously avoid the Ranger traps, and due to this they become rather useless when you're talking 1500+ play.
  3. The largest role that Rangers play right now is to side node, which means they DO NOT want to be stealthing and bailing nodes often. And the trap burst potential on Ranger is not enough to warrant trying to utilize a trap burst build in the way that DHs do it, especially because they have no pulls or cc pits or ports make it practical.

The ranger do have a pull thought (Path of scar (axe off hand) ), a lot of mobility (Swoop (GS 1000), Swoop (SB bird 1200), monarch leap (sword 600) ) as well as a CC pit (spike trap, frost trap and to add to the fun entangle and/or F2 taunt Beastly warden). I do think Whirling defense (axe off-hand) do hurt quite a lot as an aoe, worldly impact/Primal cry aren't kind either.

I do agree that core ranger might lag behind DH in these aspects, but Soulbeast hardly do.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:Every class can pick speed rune and every class with traps can benefit from trapper rune. Fun fact: trevor plays a class that can use traps and that can benefit from trapper runes. So his class is the one that comes closer to thief than dh ever could, as it has more mobility than dh and traps on top.

This is not true at all. Rangers cannot benefit from the Trap Rune in the same way that DHs can. I'll explain why:
  1. DHs have mechanisms like pulls and teleports to be able to make offensive use of the traps. They also have Maw which seals a person into the trap duration so they can't just leave the damage pit once it triggers. The DH also has double symbols and Sword of Justice to stack on the AoE burst. The DH also has front loaded defenses to be able to aggressively burst with the traps, to ensure the opponent is taking a lot more damage from the burst than the DH is taking.
  2. The Ranger has no pulls, no teleports, no big CC pit to seal a person into its traps. Upon the traps just dealing bad damage in general, the Ranger also has little to no big AoE damage to stack onto its trap stack. The Ranger gets less than half of the burst potential with traps that a DH gets, and it has to utilize traps 100% defensively through baiting people into them, rather than being able to go offensive with them through use of pulls and teleports. This doesn't work out so well in middle to high tiers. Better players will obviously avoid the Ranger traps, and due to this they become rather useless when you're talking 1500+ play.
  3. The largest role that Rangers play right now is to side node, which means they DO NOT want to be stealthing and bailing nodes often. And the trap burst potential on Ranger is not enough to warrant trying to utilize a trap burst build in the way that DHs do it, especially because they have no pulls or cc pits or ports make it practical.

The ranger do have a pull thought (
Path of scar (axe off hand)
), a lot of mobility (
Swoop (GS 1000)
Swoop (SB bird 1200)
monarch leap (sword 600)
) as well as a CC pit (
spike trap
frost trap
and to add to the fun
entangle
and/or F2 taunt
Beastly warden
). I do think
Whirling defense (axe off-hand)
do hurt quite a lot as an aoe,
worldly impact/Primal cry
aren't kind either.

I do agree that core ranger might lag behind DH in these aspects, but Soulbeast hardly do.

Let me clear a few things up on this:

1. Path of Scars is not a reliable pull. It's actually extremely difficult to hit with. It's also not a favorable thing to take a power damage based off-hand on a condi trap build.
  2. Yes, Greatsword gets a mobility leap on #3. But Soulbeasts don't use birds or gazelle anymore for mobility because they can no longer swap pets while in combat. They have to use Smokescale for Smoke Assault and the F2 stealthing to be able to survive, and they have to stay on Smokescale and not swap or they risk getting stuck with bird or gazelle which has no Smoke Assault or stealth field.
  3. Monarch Leap doesn't count as a mobility skill. I've explained this several times in other threads and I've seen other Rangers do the same. Look, Monarch Leap has funky animations. A person with Swiftness that is running alongside of a Ranger using Monarch Leap, ends up outpacing the person using Monarch Leap. The animations are too clunky and stoppy on Monarch Leap.
  4. My good bro, Spike Trap is not even comparable to Dragon's Maw. A single stun break gets you up an out of Spike Trap immediately because it is a 1 strike knockdown. Dragon's Maw is a literal CC pit where you get trapped in a big bucket of invisible wall around you and cannot get out unless you have stab stacks to cross the wall.
  5. Axe 5, WI, all of those things are only useful on a power build, which wouldn't be bringing condition based traps.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:Every class can pick speed rune and every class with traps can benefit from trapper rune. Fun fact: trevor plays a class that can use traps and that can benefit from trapper runes. So his class is the one that comes closer to thief than dh ever could, as it has more mobility than dh and traps on top.

The ranger do have a pull thought (
Path of scar (axe off hand)
), a lot of mobility (
Swoop (GS 1000)
Swoop (SB bird 1200)
monarch leap (sword 600)
) as well as a CC pit (
spike trap
frost trap
and to add to the fun
entangle
and/or F2 taunt
Beastly warden
). I do think
Whirling defense (axe off-hand)
do hurt quite a lot as an aoe,
worldly impact/Primal cry
aren't kind either.

Let me clear a few things up on this:
  1. Path of Scars is not a reliable pull. It's actually extremely difficult to hit with. It's also not a favorable thing to take a power damage based off-hand on a condi trap build.
  2. Yes, Greatsword gets a mobility leap on #3. But Soulbeasts don't use birds or gazelle anymore for mobility because they can no longer swap pets while in combat. They have to use Smokescale for Smoke Assault and the F2 stealthing to be able to survive, and they have to stay on Smokescale and not swap or they risk getting stuck with bird or gazelle which has no Smoke Assault or stealth field.
  3. Monarch Leap doesn't count as a mobility skill. I've explained this several times in other threads and I've seen other Rangers do the same. Look, Monarch Leap has funky animations. A person with Swiftness that is running alongside of a Ranger using Monarch Leap, ends up outpacing the person using Monarch Leap. The animations are too clunky and stoppy on Monarch Leap.
  4. My good bro, Spike Trap is not even comparable to Dragon's Maw. A single stun break gets you up an out of Spike Trap immediately because it is a 1 strike knockdown. Dragon's Maw is a literal CC pit where you get trapped in a big bucket of invisible wall around you and cannot get out unless you have stab stacks to cross the wall.
  5. Axe 5, WI, all of those things are only useful on a power build, which wouldn't be bringing condition based traps.

You're dodging the point. Your arguments were just flawed here.

I don't disagree with the fact that trapper runes need to be either removed or have the 6th bonus reworked at the very least, I 100% agree with that. But downplaying your biased profession with arguments like "nobody use that" or "you can't even compare it to the goody of the other profession" hurt more your credibility than anything.

Keep the heat of your fight on the runes. I certainly don't want to see the superspeed/stealth on trap kept in the game.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

"Every class can benefit" is bs. It you play guardian you can't benefit from rune of the chronomancer, on a mesmer you can't get anything from rune of speed, a warrior won't be to get anything from rune of the ranger. That's because on some classes it's actually impossible to get value from these runes.Uh, a mesmer gets permaswiftness with speed runes and 50% boon duration using the signet.

Please tell me you're trolling. I need to know you are not being serious rn.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Please tell me you're trolling. I need to know you are not being serious rn.Ok then mesmer get nothing from rune of speed in fact they move slower with it.