Twice-Told Legend with Newer Legendaries

Hope this is the correct place to ask but, I've been wondering if it's possible to get the Twice-Told Legend achievement from crafting 2 of the "2.5 gen" legendaries.I'm planning on crafting Claw of the Khan-Ur next, and because it's technically cheaper to craft a second time due to how the precursor recipes work (as far as I can tell at least), I've been wanting to know if I can also snag this title from crafting it again. I've seen this question asked a few times but every time I've looked I haven't really found a definitive answer. The title was meant to compensate people for crafting multiple G1 legendaries though, so I don't know if it works to present two newer legends.

And yes, I'm fully aware that the first few Gen 2 legendaries, Astralaria, Nevermore, H.O.P.E., and Chuka and Champawat are not craftable a second time and they are not what I am referring to. People always seem to divert this question with answers about these legends when that's not what's being asked.

It's a good question which you may need to raise a few times either here or on Reddit because the chances of someone making two of a 2.5 gen legendary given the time, cost, the fact that they can just transmute the skin onto an ascended and then not already having the title from Gen 1 legendaries is incredibly slim.

But, people have done it. They just haven't declared whether it got them the title.

If you do find out, I'd like to know just for the sake of knowing on this one

@Randulf.7614 said:It's a good question which you may need to raise a few times either here or on Reddit because the chances of someone making two of a 2.5 gen legendary given the time, cost, the fact that they can just transmute the skin onto an ascended and then not already having the title from Gen 1 legendaries is incredibly slim.

But, people have done it. They just haven't declared whether it got them the title.

If you do find out, I'd like to know just for the sake of knowing on this one

I get the feeling I might have to be the one to find out xD

@"Ototo.3214" said:Hope this is the correct place to ask but, I've been wondering if it's possible to get the Twice-Told Legend achievement from crafting 2 of the "2.5 gen" legendaries.I'm planning on crafting Claw of the Khan-Ur next, and because it's technically cheaper to craft a second time due to how the precursor recipes work (as far as I can tell at least), I've been wanting to know if I can also snag this title from crafting it again. I've seen this question asked a few times but every time I've looked I haven't really found a definitive answer. The title was meant to compensate people for crafting multiple G1 legendaries though, so I don't know if it works to present two newer legends.

It is cheaper for the second one but not by a huge amount. https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-86968160g/170g saved for second and subsequent ones. The majority of the cost is elsewhere.

Incinerator1383g - craft the precursor1442g - buy the precursor1479g - buy the precursor using instant buy pricePrice of two Incinerators - 2825g/2862g

Claw2211g2048gPrice of two Claws - 4259g

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"Ototo.3214" said:Hope this is the correct place to ask but, I've been wondering if it's possible to get the Twice-Told Legend achievement from crafting 2 of the "2.5 gen" legendaries.I'm planning on crafting Claw of the Khan-Ur next, and because it's technically cheaper to craft a second time due to how the precursor recipes work (as far as I can tell at least), I've been wanting to know if I can also snag this title from crafting it again. I've seen this question asked a few times but every time I've looked I haven't really found a definitive answer. The title was meant to compensate people for crafting multiple G1 legendaries though, so I don't know if it works to present two newer legends.

It is cheaper for the second one but not by a huge amount.
160g/170g saved for second and subsequent ones. The majority of the cost is elsewhere.

Incinerator1383g - craft the precursor1442g - buy the precursor1479g - buy the precursor using instant buy pricePrice of two Incinerators - 2825g/2862g

Oh wow, didn't realized Incinerator was that much cheaper compared to Claw. But I prefer the skin of Claw, so I'll definitely be making at least 1 of it.Thanks for the comparison though!

@Ototo.3214 said:

@Ototo.3214 said:Hope this is the correct place to ask but, I've been wondering if it's possible to get the Twice-Told Legend achievement from crafting 2 of the "2.5 gen" legendaries.I'm planning on crafting Claw of the Khan-Ur next, and because it's technically cheaper to craft a second time due to how the precursor recipes work (as far as I can tell at least), I've been wanting to know if I can also snag this title from crafting it again. I've seen this question asked a few times but every time I've looked I haven't really found a definitive answer. The title was meant to compensate people for crafting multiple G1 legendaries though, so I don't know if it works to present two newer legends.

160g/170g saved for second and subsequent ones. The majority of the cost is elsewhere.

Oh wow, didn't realized Incinerator was that much cheaper compared to Claw. But I prefer the skin of Claw, so I'll definitely be making at least 1 of it.Thanks for the comparison though!

The gen2 are just that expensive. At various times you could have crafted 2 or maybe even 3 gen1 for the price of a single gen2.

I didn't actually realise it was possible to craft two of the gen 2.5 legendaries. If you (or anyone else reading this) does it please do let us know if it's possible to get the title. It certainly should be so if it doesn't work I think you'd have good grounds to ask Anet to update the NPC.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Ototo.3214 said:Hope this is the correct place to ask but, I've been wondering if it's possible to get the Twice-Told Legend achievement from crafting 2 of the "2.5 gen" legendaries.I'm planning on crafting Claw of the Khan-Ur next, and because it's technically cheaper to craft a second time due to how the precursor recipes work (as far as I can tell at least), I've been wanting to know if I can also snag this title from crafting it again. I've seen this question asked a few times but every time I've looked I haven't really found a definitive answer. The title was meant to compensate people for crafting multiple G1 legendaries though, so I don't know if it works to present two newer legends.

The gen2 are just that expensive. At various times you could have crafted 2 or maybe even 3 gen1 for the price of a single gen2.

If I remember correctly the amount of materials required for gen 2 precursor crafting was based on what Anet would expect the average person to spend on crafting rares/exotics to throw into the Mystic Forge before getting a gen 1 precursor back, so roughly what gen 1 precursors cost before HoT was released. Since then of course there's been all kinds of shifts in the market, but I think the most important is demand for gen 1 precursors has gone down now anyone who wants to can craft their own, there's more than one choice per weapon and they're not a virtually guarenteed safe investment for traders.

So they don't match up nearly as closely as they used to, but trying to fix that would probably create more problems. (Also it's probably good to have a clearly cheaper option for people who just want a legendary and don't care which skin they get.)

While it is absolutely up to each individual to decide how to approach this, as Khisanth.2948 calculated, the savings from crafting a second gen 2.5 versus just crafting 2 gen 1s is minuscule at best.

In general you are better off just crafting 2 gen 1s after crafting a gen 2 since that will yield you:

• 1 additional legendary
  • the gen 1 skin

Please use gw2efficiency for the exact math and difference, but given how gen 2 legendarys are on average 1k gold more expensive than gen 1, this should remain true for most.

Even if it's more efficient with gen 1s....I still kinda wanna know if it's possible to do with the 2.5s, just cause I'm curious.

It's also kinda put me in a tough situation since I want at least 1 Claw for the skin, but then if I make 2 incinerators that 3rd dagger will have been kinda a waste once the legendary armory comes out. sigh might just have to resort to 2 Moots for the title and never know the answer.

• 6 months later...

Sadly I had made Astralaria, and gave it to my ranger. Tonight I decided I wanted to do Twice-Told Legend and went for a 2nd Astralaria. Axe/Axe for my Ranger. However, after making all the required gifts I get to making The Mechanism for a second time. Lo and behold at the very bottom it said, "You have crafted this item already", and would not let me craft The Mechanism. As for the skin, I tried reskinning an ascended axe into Atralaria. It does not recognize that as a second legendary, sorry to say. Which leaves me out a couple hundred gold, resources and time. Because now I pretty much nearly have everything to build a 2nd Astralaria, but now i'm blocked from doing so. I don't see why I'm not allowed to make a second, 2nd gen legendary weapon of the same type. It makes no sense. Especially for that specific title. And I would have been super happy to have two Astralaria's since, well gee wiz, I thought it would look cool on my ranger also. Can someone explain why I'm disallowed from making another Astralaria, for Twice-Told Legend?

@"KeyOrion.9506" said:Sadly I had made Astralaria, and gave it to my ranger. Tonight I decided I wanted to do Twice-Told Legend and went for a 2nd Astralaria. Axe/Axe for my Ranger. However, after making all the required gifts I get to making The Mechanism for a second time. Lo and behold at the very bottom it said, "You have crafted this item already", and would not let me craft The Mechanism. As for the skin, I tried reskinning an ascended axe into Atralaria. It does not recognize that as a second legendary, sorry to say. Which leaves me out a couple hundred gold, resources and time. Because now I pretty much nearly have everything to build a 2nd Astralaria, but now i'm blocked from doing so. I don't see why I'm not allowed to make a second, 2nd gen legendary weapon of the same type. It makes no sense. Especially for that specific title. And I would have been super happy to have two Astralaria's since, well gee wiz, I thought it would look cool on my ranger also. Can someone explain why I'm disallowed from making another Astralaria, for Twice-Told Legend?

Because thats how anet implemented legendary crafting with gen 1 and the first 5 gen 2 weapons.

Later they changed when they dident implement a journey with the weapons tho.

Could always ask support to reimburst materials, they usualy do after you asked and they see you deleted the items.