Are you excited for the Champions finale, including today's patch?

Michram.6853

@zityz.6089 said:It has taken then 7-8 years for us to kill of 3 dragons. Now they're trying through rush 2 more within a fraction amount of time with a story that has been all over the place, all before the expansion.

We can’t really know if that’s true until it happens. That appears to be the inevitable conclusion at the moment, but that could end up a red herring. Judge the chapters that have released, and hold the verdict on forthcoming content until you can actually play it.

@Hypnowulf.7403 said:Isn't that surprising?

I mean, mathematically you have to account for who visits and forum and why. In any community the majority of forum-goers are going to be those who complain and wish to dominate with their will by being the loudest possible. That's the top spot covered, then. What I find interesting is how close it is even if we account for the differential of voices on an Internet forum. Usually, those who post on a forum don't do so with positive intent.

Adjusted for that, this is a surprisingly positive outcome. Interesting! I figured thatt this content was more popular than the consensus of the forum would think but there's a growing voice of positivity here contrary to that. That's what I find so fascinating. I expected the complainants to dominate the polls, which ultimately they did but not by the margin I'd expected before seeing the results. Hmm! How interesting that is.

~18% of this poll's voters is excited about finale/chapters/story/music, the rest isn't. I don't know how this is a surprisingly positive outcome? Did I miss something?

• Confused 1

Not at all excited. The saga started awesomly; I can understand that skritt happens, but it is a reason to butcher the whole second half of it? Why all of these? Why calling it icebrood saga? Just say LWS5 and do 8 episodes. B U T noooooo... you preferred trading episodes that were in fact decent format for a shitty format that is those DRMS.During the four first episodes, there was grind, but achievable, it was about doing the events, the story and some things around the maps.

But really forget about strikes and DRMS, what you created is another TOXIC CONTENT, where LFG group makers ARE ALREADY SELECTING PLAYERS BY THEIR CLASS OR ROLE. Does it feels ok to you, Anet, that a game that was always advertised like play how you want in this bright living world is now summed up by almost any group content by THIS ROLE OR STOP PLAYING?!

it is very sad where all of this is going, you should lower the numbers of achievs required to get the new emote to 25 achievs instead of 31, disgusting to ask players to play challenges DRM whereas the group doing them prevent you from joining them.

Really feels like 2012 models everywhere, basic story and event mechanics your DRMS. And nothing is done to make it better. You may look at the achievs you ar easking for first... Non sense at all.

More an more this game makes me feel like a battered wife. "They promised it'll be good content this time, I just know they've changed."
The story ideas were sound, a Charr civil war was a good idea, going deeper into Norn lore was a good idea, making a haunted map was...sorta a good idea. The current iteration of Arenanet just can't seem to competently implement on any of these ideas, and further more can't seem to competently write half the characters either (the character assassination of Smolder being the most grievous example).

It makes me very worried for EoD. If they screw up Cantha I might have to give up on this game for good.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:While this latest chapter was
far
better than the previous release, story- and DRM-wise, it still has to deliver a good finale for me to forgive the "Truce" fiasco. Also, picking "Forging Steel" as the daily for this community event week is a terrible choice, as it's boring, repetitive content that many players have already finished achievement-wise and no longer need nor want to play daily.

P.S. Still intrigued to see how Ryland will finally be done with, that annoying brat.

Many of us haven't completed the achievements though, so Forged with Steel daily is a great choice for us. It's also better and more interesting than every single one of the DRMs. Would have much preferred more in that style.

Well, luckily (for me ;) ) the mission is a different one every day this time. <3

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:While this latest chapter was
far
better than the previous release, story- and DRM-wise, it still has to deliver a good finale for me to forgive the "Truce" fiasco. Also, picking "Forging Steel" as the daily for this community event week is a terrible choice, as it's boring, repetitive content that many players have already finished achievement-wise and no longer need nor want to play daily.

P.S. Still intrigued to see how Ryland will finally be done with, that annoying brat.

Many of us haven't completed the achievements though, so Forged with Steel daily is a great choice for us. It's also better and more interesting than every single one of the DRMs. Would have much preferred more in that style.

Well, luckily (for me ;) ) the mission is a different one every day this time. <3

Typical!

What is today’s?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:I think it's good enough, at least we know there is some more effort put into the maps this time around.

We do?Were did this info get released?

The fact that the instance in Lake Doric isn't just the same map, but the water is back and frozen over. It's changed, so definitely more work done than just sectioning the map alone.Well, that map was here since the previous subchapter already. The first part of the Champions episode had already 10 DRM instances included - it's just 7 of them were locked. So, if anything, they put way
less
effort into maps this time around, since they did not make
any
new one.

I suggest you read the topic at hand again, because that was not the point.

They put more effort into those frozen instances, because the water and ice did not exist before. How can you argue against that? Makes no sense.

Ice brood Saga has turned into such a disappointment. It started strong. With a great story line and good maps. Dark and foreboding. And now Champions... just kittens. Coming off of season 4 with its awesome story and maps...Kourna and Praise Joko... Jahai Bluffs and the Shatterer... Thunder Head Peaks and fighting Kralkatoric.... and Dragonfall... MY Goodness there is a map with a DEAD Dragon!!! To this... Season 5 opps Ice Brood Saga... Gimmick... this is not Expansion level content in a living world. I don’t know what happen... Is it ANET or NCSOFT... is it a lack of leadership with Mike O and Mike Z gone... or a lack of peeps to get the work done after all the layoffs... I don’t know but what I do know is Kittens when I see it... and this is a big pile of Kittens. This is an awesome franchise.... bootstrap up and get you kittens together and get back to putting out awesome content. Obviously you have moved on to EOD. Make it awesome and don’t put it out early just to get it to market.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:I think it's good enough, at least we know there is some more effort put into the maps this time around.

We do?Were did this info get released?

The fact that the instance in Lake Doric isn't just the same map, but the water is back and frozen over. It's changed, so definitely more work done than just sectioning the map alone.Well, that map was here since the previous subchapter already. The first part of the Champions episode had already 10 DRM instances included - it's just 7 of them were locked. So, if anything, they put way
less
effort into maps this time around, since they did not make
any
new one.

I suggest you read the topic at hand again, because that was not the point.

They put more effort into those frozen instances, because the water and ice did not exist before. How can you argue against that? Makes no sense.Yes, they've indeed put more effort into those instances. My point was that it wasn't "this time" as compared to "previously", because all maps were released at the same time - in the
previous
part of Champions chapter.
This time
they had done far less work than that, because they've done no instance at all. They've just unlocked them.

As such, there's probably no point in seeing any pattern to the way how effort was divided between all 10 DRM instances, because it doesn't represent any sort of change in their approach to this type of content.

So basically what I'm getting from this poll is that over 75% of those who voted is unhappy with Champions.

In few months after Saga ends, there should be a poll that asks if maybe after the finale, you might have actually liked it... Anyways, that unhappiness should be a signal for developers that something may not be right, but over 100 votes is no indicator that Champions suck for majority of players.

Maybe if ArenaNet actually tried to show instead of tell like you're supposed to I'd be excited but it's all generic cliche plot development spoon fed for the sake of justifying gameplay rather than the other way around.

I understand ArenaNet is gearing up for EoD but this is still a very bad story very badly presented. I was it wasn't though sigh

I actually quit the game. But I'm still curious about the state of PvP.. I will come back if they improve sPvP tho.Aka: Stop the condi burst/aoe bs (especially burn), add a separate full team queue for ranked (so pvp guilds finally have a reason to exist again - fuck unranked and AT as the main "competitive" sPvP content) and/or bring 2v2 or 3v3 as a standalone ranked mode... Maybe rework some of the old maps and bring them in to ranked again or even Stronghold.Until there are no improvements to this I'm not coming back.. Not even for EoD, even tho I've been waiting for Cantha since release ngl...PvE is just an added bonus for me and I don't care a single bit about the story.

GW2 has the best smallscale PvP system in the entire MMO-genre imho. but it's just frustrating to play the game like this.

@Randulf.7614 said:Typical!

:p

What is today’s?

Seems like there are only two missions that the game chooses from daily: the Megadestroyer world boss and the Forging Steel mission. Better than no variety at all, I say. :)

@Arden.7480 said:Are you excited for the Champions finale, including today's patch?

I have to admit that I can't wait to see Ryland fall and be gone for good. The whole Steel Warband was a big pain in the behind.

I would have prefered Visions of the Past over DRM's as I really enjoyed the one with Ryland. But that likely involves making new maps, having more voice actors, doing more programming than just plopping a bunch of copy and paste destroyers in a slightly modified existing map and giving players endless waves of boring mobs to kill.

I've barely logged on the last few months and can't be bothered to get the useless masteries but I'm glad that it's presumably halfway over now and they're hopefully fully focused on the expansion.

As to the actual DRM's, I did two last night because I want to work towards the stone infusion but after spending 20 minutes fighting the annoying Destroyer in Thunderhead dealing with knockback spam every 2 seconds I'll probably just log in and spend mats on tokens until I have enough to get what I want and avoid the 45 minutes of mindless killing.

For the Charr and Norn focused part of the storyline, it's been downright awful. The Norn part just glanced off of the surface and trashed the lore. The Charr part only advances because all the charr characters suddenly act like clueless idiots.

The only excitement I feel is for the fact that this will soon be over, so we can go on to an area I have no personal involvement in (having never played GW1), so it won't bother me anywhere near as much if they trash it.

Well, okay, maybe one more thing I'm looking forward to. Nobody was close to Zhaitan when it died, great. Lots of people were near Mordremoth when it died, but it's the life dragon, so everyone lived. I don't think being within bow shot of Jormag when IT dies and releases all that cold will go well for Braham. I doubt being close to Primordus when it dies will go well for Ryland, either.