Need help with old Living World S2 bug

I am doing the "Summit Invitation" episode and got stuck in an old bug which is mentioned both in the WIKI for this episode and the event that seems to cause the bug. The WIKI entries say this for the episode: "Bug: You can interact with and destroy the dragon totem before the quest prompts you. Doing so will result in getting stuck on that part of the quest, and you will need to wait for the totem to respawn. Takes about 5-10 mins for it to respawn." and this for the event: "If doing Living World 2 story step Summit Invitations during the event, the Dragon Totem will be clickable before the story updates. Wait until the story updates tell you to destroy the totem to click to destroy it, otherwise you will need to wait 15 minutes for it to respawn.". Obviously the only difference is the expected respawn time, which is no big deal.

However, after waiting until the totem has respawned it still shows the yellow star above it to mark it as my quest target, also the star on my map is still right where the totem is, but I am not able to destroy it. When I approach the totem there will be no option to destroy it (and it can also not be targeted/be attacked). Does anyone remember if there is anything else I need to do except wait until it respawns, which it did? Can I only proceed with my episode if the event is running again, so that I need to log in again and again at different times and hope that at some time I happen to be there while the event is just in progress?

Thanks :) It was resolved by now luckily without doing the episode again. I logged the character in several times and still could not destroy it, but just now when I logged in once again it suddenly worked. I do no know if this is because the event had just been done (it was not in progress when I logged in) or if you just have to wait much longer than the 5-10 or 15 minutes that have been mentioned in the WIKI bug descriptions. For anyone else encountering this old bug who might find this thread later be doing a forum search for "dragon totem" or "summit invitation", you will probably be able to progress without doing the episode or event again if you just keep logging in until it works for you ;)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...