i cant get more than 10 fps in any map in nvidia 1070 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

i cant get more than 10 fps in any map in nvidia 1070

anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited September 22, 2017 in Account & Technical Support

And if i'm moving it gets as low as 4 fps.
I have a gaming laptop with an nvidia 1070 and intel i7 7700HQ.

before the patch i used to play around 60 fps and now i simply can't.

Is anybody else affected by this?

Comments

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

I assume you need to tweak the graphic settings for the game. I have a 1060 and with GW2, it behaves very similar to my previous 2008 graphic card... The graphics are just a little better, not that much, and I've never had 60 frames (40-50 is normal for me). AFAIK this is because GW2 is not designed to be GPU focused, so it depends mainly on single CPU core performance, not on multi-threading or GPU usage. If you had a single CPU computer with a big core, its probable GW2 will behave worse when you change to a new computer with a CPU with multiple (but smaller) cores.
    Take all this with some salt... I'm no expert, I'm just parroting what I have seen on the web.

• Your kitten is probably overheating and throttling. Make sure your fans are running and have air to circulate.

• Go into your nvidia control panel and ensure that Guild Wars 2 is set to use the dedicated card (I have had issues where a windows update resets it for some reason).

• anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭✭

@The Revenant.4970 said:
    Your kitten is probably overheating and throttling. Make sure your fans are running and have air to circulate.

my kitten as you call it is a gaming laptop with less than 6 months.

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's in the high 40's on my i7 6700 / 1070, it does sound like CPU throttling.

• check if your battery is plugged in . Some laptops need 20 % plus from battery when playing games !

• There's absolutely no way that that setup will run on 4-10 fps... I suggest downloading latest driver and select clean install then follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/ydgkwnj4 to force laptop to use graphics card

I heard sometimes a laptop "forgets" to use the nvidia card , worth a try i guess.

• Drew.1865Drew.1865 Member ✭✭✭

@anduriell.6280 said:

@The Revenant.4970 said:
    Your kitten is probably overheating and throttling. Make sure your fans are running and have air to circulate.

my kitten as you call it is a gaming laptop with less than 6 months.

My gaming laptop with an I7 processor can play any other game without running the fans except GW2. This game doesn't run well on multi core processors so get you a cooling pad for your laptop.