No more nerfs, only buffs

darren.1064

@darren.1064 said:Stop lowering the skill floor and ceiling. Raise them.

Its more complicated then that. Some classes need e literal overhal for that. Seems like thief is gonna need a overhaul cause folks aren't done complaining about it.

God knows it would be nice to see folks not angry about thief getting nerfed into the ground.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:I disagree. A year ago everything was overpowered. The overall nerfing has been a good thing. I'm not getting one-shot anymore in sPvP.

You cannot say everything is OP. If everything is OP, nothing is. What you want to say is that you prefer higher TTK.

And the issue is not the game play now requires lower skill level. It now defaults to AOE and CC spam.

@otto.5684 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:I disagree. A year ago everything was overpowered. The overall nerfing has been a good thing. I'm not getting one-shot anymore in sPvP.

You cannot say everything is OP. If everything is OP, nothing is. What you want to say is that you prefer higher TTK.

And the issue is not the game play now requires lower skill level. It now defaults to AOE and CC spam.

Well, I mean that damage was high in comparison to defense/health. And I indeed prefer a higher time to kill.Nerfing is an instrument and it should be kept in the toolbox for when it it appropriate.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Well, I mean that damage was high in comparison to defense/health. And I indeed prefer a higher time to kill.Nerfing is an instrument and it should be kept in the toolbox for when it it appropriate.

Agreed, especially with the last bit.

Unfortunately, the community seems to think that nerfs aren't an instrument, but rather a universal cure-all. There are many problems plaguing pvp at the moment that more nerfs can't fix.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:Nerfing is an instrument and it should be kept in the toolbox for when it it appropriate.

U rite.But where they go wrong there, is that it is always appropriate now.

At the end of the day deleting and nerfing things takes away from the game. If you aren't taking away some extreme example that actually makes the game less fun to play/watch, then you're just taking away from, and making an already pretty barren PvP even more boring to play.

Please no.. Don't go down that rabbit hole again... Anet did this for the last 7 years and see where we arrived pre-Feb patch.. The only problem I see post-Feb patch was a veeery inconsistent execution.. I had high hopes after the first 2 major balance patches for things falling into place with more balance iterations and it only gets more refined. However - I don't need to tell this anybody - Anet failed miserably again. I think Anet is in even deeper trouble this time tho since - for me at least - they'd have to revert or rework so many core things they either fucked up or neglected but would probably never try due to backlash from someone like OP..If you only keep buffing stuff we will end up more power crept than ever soon.The game is in such a bad and volatile state, I think Anet first and foremost has to figure out what each class and spec should accomplish in the game and sPvP in particular.. I actually wouldn't mind Anet specializing some elites into Boss fights (aka PvE) or Large Scale (aka WvW) so that they can basically neglect their relevance in sPvP.Or sort them into categories like Brawler, Roamer, Support, Bunker, ... and give them purpose, each elite spec with its own twist (due to class mechanics and stuff).

I really think that Anet should finally give up on forcing that "no holy trinity" philosophy since we all know that this isn't the case.. We have elite specs that excel as a bunker, some as support and some in dmg output.. GW2 on the other hand has more than a "trinity" tho since there are a lot of roles a class can fulfill like said Roamer for example due to the sPvP not just being a team deathmatch.My point is that Anet should allow themselves to set the purpose of a class based on a role in the meta (or force them out of the meta) and balance according to this. If that means a class needs nerfs then please let the nerf hammer fall, I don't care about the Q_Q because "mY fAvOrItE cLaSs Is TrAsH nOw SiNcE I'm GeTtInG pUnIsHeD fOr My MiStAkEs"!.. (aka you now have counter play from more than 1 class).

GW2 always has been a Rock-Paper-Scissor type of game but Anet keeps moving towards 1 class with 9 different flavors..Something in me hopes Anet won't touch the current balance and the new elite spec gives thief torch, it would fit perfect.. More aoe condi burst spam ftw! And then even from stealth

Nerfs and buffs mean nothing for this game's skill ceiling if it's already fixed at such a low altitude. If you want a skill ceiling, you need ACTUAL roles which promote distinct purposes, advantages and risks; not the made-up meme nonsense like bruiser/duelist/roamer.

We've already had two people coming to the forums, bright eyed and excited to try out their old build/class in PvP.

Only to realize it got dumpstered in one of the many nerf patches.

"De-powercreeping" is one of the worst things that has happened to pvp. All we've done is trade one extreme for another (less fun) extreme, and people are leaving because of it.

YES! i used to be excited for patch days, wondering what underused skills or obscure builds would finally get to shine.but now i dread patches, because i wonder what is going to be nerfed next...

its been nearly a year since they absolutely murdered my hammer warrior (an already niche build that noone played)a revert on the feb2020 nerfs would be amazing.

All they have been doing each patch is nerfing to the ground one or two specs...and replace them with couple others doing same things possibly in a far worst manner as not only they nerf some specs...they also buff others ...why?!

They designed the professions in a certain way but the game mode requires certain roles, no matter what : you must survive long enough on a point to make a difference, there is only a finite number of roles that professions can cover in this game and that's all due to them dumbing down the game to attract a larger audience, they removed all the initial complexity and now we have professions that...do it all, from controling side-nodes to teamfights passing also as +1.

-At launch you need fire fields to generate 25 might...now professions produce might passively on their own-Professions initially designed as burst with low sustain...get buffed to such an extent or gain powerful elites that remove those initial weaknesses, what's the point of designing elementalist described as "jack of all trades master of none"...when you end up buffing other professions to be jack of all trades and master of everything ?-They then created broken support mechanics like : barrier, massive condi conversion, boonspam..an now these "jack of all trades and master of everything" professions get to literally walk around as an invicible army....(WvW boonwalls are horrible in all aspects)

It all started when you decided to dumb down the game to attract bigger audience...which would have been fun and all if the devs would have stopped "trying to balance" the mess they created , the Feb patch was a complete disaster, if you want to un - dumb GW2...you need to remove all elite specs...too late for band aid fixes..you only make it worst