Old Deep Sea Dragon Expansion idea

TeeracK.3601

This was something I did for fun awhile ago when my internet was down and I was trying to entertain myself. End of Dragons is soon, so I figured I might as well post this before it becomes impossible with the stuff that I'm sure will happen soon. :P Hope you enjoy it.

fixed_sea.png

New Race Tengu

Their city is Sanctum Cay and their starting zone is the D’Alessio Seaboard.

You go through a new personal story from 1-15 and then it ends with them telling you you're a super duper cool marry sue, and are being chosen to go beyond the walls and explore and see what its like out there cause maybe they are thinking of rejoining the world soon.

Then you go to LA and the fall into the normal story so it still makes sense for you to be the commander. Since we see Tengu out in the world all over the place even out in guild halls and stuff.

Guild Hall - The D’Alessio Arena

A new guild hall and its themed around classic LA. It’s a cool little pirate lookin hub rebuilt out of ship wrecks.

Living Story Season 6

Since underwater stuff isn’t very popular I thought the way to do the deep sea dragon would be to have it as more of a coastal thing with monsters either on the edge of the water or coming up out of the sea.

Episode 1 - Everything is great and we’re all happy the elder dragons are finally done. We get a call from Istan asking for aid cause it’s being attacked by sea monsters.

Episode 2 - We still don’t know the source of these monsters and we move over to Kourna to continue to try and fight and aid with these monsters. Taimi does some stuff that helps us track their source but we need more time.

Episode 3 - We get messages from the Olmakhan asking for help cause there are sea monsters there now. We go there meet some ogres and help the Olmakhan in the north half of their island. We also learn the source of these creatures seems to be moving and is heading north to Orr

Episode 4 - We are getting ready for an expedition into Orr but then we get a call from Amnoon asking for help and we expect it to be sea monsters, BUT instead... its the Risen! We rush over and help and are really confused

Episode 5 - We rally the pact and push down closer to see what the deal with the risen is. We find fleets of undead seeming to be shipping crates of brand stone from thunderhead peaks and other magical items down into orr. We deal with the forces here but there is heavy losses in some kind of tidal wave or something. Also can meet some drege.

Episode 6 - We push into Orr. The part of orr that seems to be the source of these new coordinated risen. This would be a map called Dragon’s Grave or something like that and it would pretty much be a big epic meta map based around the corps of Zaitan. The basic plot here would be that we didn’t fully defeat him and he has been gathering magic in order to resurrect himself since raising the dead is his entire thing. We never got a good send off or meta for Zaitain and this would be it. The surprise story ending here tho is that we weren't the only one moving to kill and stop Zaitan. The Deep Sea Dragon was on his way north to stop Zaitain and consume the rest of his magic. Could also throw in some cool Orr lore here as well. The end result is the Deep Sea Dragon uses us and takes advantage of us putting down Zaitain for good to suck up his magic and become a bigger deal.

Guild Wars 2 - Sea Dragon Expansion

After the events of the S6-E6 the Sea dragon attacks the coast with a massive tidal wave destroying south sun cove and sending minions to rata sum, the grove, and lion’s arch for a story quest where we push them back. This also forces the Karka and their queen to relocate to a new smaller map on the side of bloodtide coast called South Sun Peninsula.(to relocate the karka farm and world boss.) as well as having the consortiums build a new resort here in the southern island.

The Dominion of wind is devastated and the Tengu open their gates asking for aid.

The pact pushes into Sorrow’s Chain(the new small island chain zone made up of the shattered land masses that used to be in that location. where half of south sun used to be) with the Lion Guard and some Pirates and ships from the Grove to help push back and stop all the dragon minions. (Also they make the surface of rata sum and the grove explorable with docks and all)

Once the situation is sorted with start pushing out to sea zone to zone going after the sea dragon until we got to Dragon’s Vortex where its a big wild water tornado and whirlpool filled zone where its a big meta to fight the sea dragon and harpoon him into place. (i think the corpses/bodies of all elder dragons should have their own map like dragon stand and dragon fall )

Tengu? No thank you. I'd rather have Arenanet spend resources elsewhere.There's also no coherent way a Tengu could suddenly become the dragon-slaying Commander, when he joins the team in EoD, having never slain a dragon before and hasn't been part of the Pact to earn the title of Poobah Commander.

As for your story, it has a major flaw:If Zhaitan hadn't been killed of completely, other dragons wouldn't have been able to absorb his Death magic and the Risen in Siren's landing could not be unchained. Also, there wouldn't have been the discovery of the problem with the natural balance and that killing dragons is bad.

After all that Arenanet pulled in Season 5 already, I wouldn't be surprised about some plot twist of Zhaitan escaping the Mists and reanimating his own corpse though. This twist wouldn't change your story much, but it also wouldn't disrupt all the lore that has been built upon Zhaitan's death.

@Fueki.4753 said:Tengu? No thank you. I'd rather have Arenanet spend resources elsewhere.There's also no coherent way a Tengu could suddenly become the dragon-slaying Commander, when he joins the team in EoD, having never slain a dragon before and hasn't been part of the Pact to earn the title of Poobah Commander.

As for your story, it has a major flaw:If Zhaitan hadn't been killed of completely, other dragons wouldn't have been able to absorb his Death magic and the Risen in Siren's landing could not be unchained. Also, there wouldn't have been the discovery of the problem with the natural balance and that killing dragons is bad.

After all that Arenanet pulled in Season 5 already, I wouldn't be surprised about some plot twist of Zhaitan escaping the Mists and reanimating his own corpse though. This twist wouldn't change your story much, but it also wouldn't disrupt all the lore that has been built upon Zhaitan's death.

Well no? The way I explained it tengu would fit into the story from the beginning easily if you read it.

And that's not really a flaw I think you missed what I was trying to say. Zaitain DID die and release all his magic, BUT his dominion was death. The entire concept for his theme was raising things from the dead, so he did die and loose all his magic, but because we never went into his heart/soul magical center like we did for other dragons we never fully killed him. Just shoot a dragon with a turret a few times is a bigger lore gap for elder dragons then what Im suggesting.

I really like this! Tengu has been a long and complicated discussion over the years but I think this version would be a pretty reasonable solution. What really excites me is the idea of a globetrotting living world like season 3, where we get coastal maps that have increasingly more water as anet improves and expands upon underwater content, followed by a deep sea dragon expansion in the unending ocean with features like a handful of underwater mounts, new underwater legendaries, and elite specs built from the ground up to work underwater (but still work on land too). I would like to see it take place much farther out to sea that you put your maps (the majority of the maps taking place in the large stretch of water south of the fire islands), but I really love your idea of the dragon vortex. I also really like the idea that zhaitain isn’t fully dead. People tend to bash on resurrecting dead characters unless it’s handled carefully and done really, really well, but if anyone should be allowed to come back it’s the dragon of death. It would even make sense to say we did kill him, but he’s able to resurrect if his body isn’t destroyed. Seeing as he’s still gravely injured it wouldn’t be a full length storyline to kill him, but it would allow anet to take another stab at making him feel like an epic threat on a level with the other dragons.

@Fenom.9457 said:I really like this! Tengu has been a long and complicated discussion over the years but I think this version would be a pretty reasonable solution. What really excites me is the idea of a globetrotting living world like season 3, where we get coastal maps that have increasingly more water as anet improves and expands upon underwater content, followed by a deep sea dragon expansion in the unending ocean with features like a handful of underwater mounts, new underwater legendaries, and elite specs built from the ground up to work underwater (but still work on land too). I would like to see it take place much farther out to sea that you put your maps (the majority of the maps taking place in the large stretch of water south of the fire islands), but I really love your idea of the dragon vortex. I also really like the idea that zhaitain isn’t fully dead. People tend to bash on resurrecting dead characters unless it’s handled carefully and done really, really well, but if anyone should be allowed to come back it’s the dragon of death. It would even make sense to say we did kill him, but he’s able to resurrect if his body isn’t destroyed. Seeing as he’s still gravely injured it wouldn’t be a full length storyline to kill him, but it would allow anet to take another stab at making him feel like an epic threat on a level with the other dragons.

yeah if there was an version of the world map that was updated to Cantha i probably would have included far out places like the battle isles, but I've also wanted all of central tyria to finally be complete. Since the start of IBS I've thought if we did do a DSD expansion the battle islands would be the perfect hub like the way we stage things now in the Eye of the North. A raid location could also be south of dragonstand on the little peninsula to finally finish up the region.

I also had to keep in mind the locations needed to make sense for the people of Tryia to be aware of what was going on and care enough to do something about it. If it was all off in the middle of the ocean would anyone know or even care? As of now the races of Tyria doesnt even know of the DSD outside of some private speculation by priory scholars.

I was also thinking as part of this storyline as well we could have the Lagos show up in force to help us get their revenge on the DSD. Kind of like how in HoTs we allied with the Itzel , Nuhoch, and Exalted. It be the same sort of thing but way more fleshed out since it be across multiple zones. Was also thinking if the pact fleet is wiped out mostly in episode 5 we'd have to push on land and we could call for aid from elona so we'd get to see the awaken vs the risen in a big scale conflict.