Worth coming back to?

Mintyfreshsmell.1568

I haven't played GW2 in about a year and I was wondering if the game is worth coming back to. I've only ever played WvW and a little Pvp, because PvE is juswt boring to me. I've always loved the story to GW2 but it seems to have taken a dive last time I've played. So my question to the active players is "Is it worth coming to back to play Mesmer in WvW again?" I don't really want to get back into the game where the developer mentality is to just fuck over classes that are OP instead of bringing them into balance.

@"Mintyfreshsmell.1568" said:I haven't played GW2 in about a year and I was wondering if the game is worth coming back to. I've only ever played WvW and a little Pvp, because PvE is juswt boring to me. I've always loved the story to GW2 but it seems to have taken a dive last time I've played. So my question to the active players is "Is it worth coming to back to play Mesmer in WvW again?" I don't really want to get back into the game where the developer mentality is to just kitten over classes that are OP instead of bringing them into balance.

no, mesmer sucks in both wvw and pvpmoreover developers seem to be trying really hard to make mesmer unenjoyable on top of being really badbut some people like a challenge, up to you.tldr mesmer sucks for a while and devs dont care.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Mintyfreshsmell.1568" said:I haven't played GW2 in about a year and I was wondering if the game is worth coming back to. I've only ever played WvW and a little Pvp, because PvE is juswt boring to me. I've always loved the story to GW2 but it seems to have taken a dive last time I've played. So my question to the active players is "Is it worth coming to back to play Mesmer in WvW again?" I don't really want to get back into the game where the developer mentality is to just kitten over classes that are OP instead of bringing them into balance.

no, mesmer sucks in both wvw and pvpmoreover developers seem to be trying really hard to make mesmer unenjoyable on top of being really badbut some people like a challenge, up to you.tldr mesmer sucks for a while and devs dont care.

yep basically this.

mirage still ok in PVE and chrono can work ok as a boonstrip class in WVW, just don't expect to do competitive DPS or not to get asked to switch to a necro pretty often.

mirage way overnerfed in WVW/PVP, it's total garbage.

The funny thing is while almost every Mesmer build (especially power) got nuked to ashes the annoying trailblazer staff condi Mirage that is oppressive and very annoying to play against 1v1 still works rather well, even though it was the thing that ultimately caused this 3 year period of Mesmer nerfs.

Chronomancer is reduced to some "ok boonstripping", gravity well and focus pull in WvW. But since everyone and their mother has those abilities as well, they'll regularly double what you can do as a mesmer. But it can be fun to play, it's super tanky and if you learn it, you can have fun with it. But it's a zerg/guildraid build, not for roaming. You don't want to roam with a Chrono, the damage sucks and half of your skills don't work reliably.

Mirage now has only one dodge in WvW. This is the biggest crime anyone could have done to a class ever, and here we are. You can't dodge out of a medium sized AOE anymore, isn't that fun? And forget about dodging out of an AOE spam, you won't be able to follow your commander's "double dodge forward through the AOE" command. For roaming, it kinda still works, but since you only have one dodge, and it takes forever to refill from 0, it feels hella clunky and bad.

And of course, both elites have the trademark "your skills will just not work" thing going on so...

That said, if you have a good guild, it can be fun to run support chrono. Or general public zergs. It's still WvW after all. And if you're in a fighting guild, you should have multiple characters available for raids anyway, depending on what your group needs.