Thieves, Mesmers and WvW. Sick of of this kind of stuff

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:This thread might magically disappear tomorrow with op getting a warning.I am surprised it lasted this long.

Tyvm for a report tho, truly generous being caring about the game and censorship.

To be fair,the thread title is off. This has nothing to do with thieves nor mesmers. Everyone used to be able to do it with mounts,warris can do it with a leap,engis can also do it.

They just need to block those edge wall points off from being able to jump on as it is the case on certain other places.

@LetoII.3782 said:

They just need to block those edge wall points off from being able to jump on as it is the case on certain other places.

There's so very many ways to fix this, the only answer to why they haven't is obvious.

They simply dont know i think. I remember certain spots in EB that got fixed after being reported,so has the Air glitch on desert where they've put a cliff infront the spot so people wont be able to leap inside anymore. People just need to report this stuff and it will be fixed for sure though.

@"Lucio.4190" said:Interesting. I don't play much PvP (not at all), but why is this a problem?If it is only a thief and a mesmer, I'd say "well done". I think it's pretty cool that the thief can move to areas that others can't and the game doesn't need to be in total balance on everything. It is, in fact, a Thief?Or is there something special about this building that shouldn't make that possible?

Towers are, it is supposed, meant to be captured by groups of cooperating players and a more significant challenge than a camp or sentry, which can easily be solo'd.With that in mind, let's go with some facts;

• The thief is one of very few classes that are capable of soloing the lord. Be that with the ram blueprint trick or poison whilst out-of-combat or otherwise.
  • The thief was recently given the ability to portal 5 people.

Now, it's arguable that thief should be able to teleport ANYWHERE on the map and that gates and walls are just inconveniences and the objectives have no purpose whatsoever. Fair enough, but this assumption makes the game less interesting, IMHO.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@"Lucio.4190" said:Interesting. I don't play much PvP (not at all), but why is this a problem?If it is only a thief and a mesmer, I'd say "well done". I think it's pretty cool that the thief can move to areas that others can't and the game doesn't need to be in total balance on everything. It is, in fact, a Thief?Or is there something special about this building that shouldn't make that possible?
  • The thief is one of very few classes that are capable of soloing the lord.

Huh??????????????Every class can solo blue/green bl tower lords. Not every build can, but every class absolutely can.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

Huh??????????????Every class can solo blue/green bl tower lords. Not every build can, but every class absolutely can.

Oh you have an interest in the topic? Please could you guide me to some material on the topic?

@Svarty.8019 said:

Oh you have an interest in the topic? Please could you guide me to some material on the topic?

Why are you asking for materials about someone's claim when YOUR claim in the post they just answered to didn't contain any?Also yeah, your claim that "only very few classes can solo it" is just false.

• Confused 1

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:This thread might magically disappear tomorrow with op getting a warning.I am surprised it lasted this long.

Tyvm for a report tho, truly generous being caring about the game and censorship.

To be fair,the thread title is off. This has nothing to do with thieves nor mesmers. Everyone used to be able to do it with mounts,warris can do it with a leap,engis can also do it.

You don't see other classes porting people inside structers and fucking around with you for hours. I have yet to see any other class do this but thief or a mesmer.

@Sobx.1758 said:

Why are you asking for
materials
about someone's claim when YOUR claim in the post they just answered to didn't contain any?Also yeah, your claim that "only very few classes can solo it" is just false.

Evidence plx.

@Svarty.8019 said:

Why are you asking for
materials
about someone's claim when YOUR claim in the post they just answered to didn't contain any?Also yeah, your claim that "only very few classes can solo it" is just false.

Evidence plx.

Basic game knowledge and understanding of its mechanics.

Which classes do you think aren't able to do that? :D

• Confused 1

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:You don't see other classes porting people inside structers and kitten around with you for hours. I have yet to see any other class do this but thief or a mesmer.

I think it's fine that two of three least zergy classes have some specialized out-of-battle utility.

Fix the jumping bugs and Portal shenanigans are mostly interesting and mostly fair.

@Svarty.8019 said:

Why are you asking for
materials

Evidence plx.

Any class can solo a lord with condi ANY class.