Yooo what happened to this game?

Psybehr.2518

@"Zeronmyouji.6153" said:RIP sPvP im dropped for silvre 2 im gold 3 dont can play spvp anymore

A year ago I also played gold 3 /p1 now in stuck in silver too. if my skills just dropped this wouldn't be a problem is : Y0992OA.jpgYes this looks bad but the point is I'm in 70% of those fight top killer or top dmg and in 50% both so clearly something is manipulating the ladder either is it bots on my side hackers on the other , both or even ladder snipers.(because it is weekend). I even done a couple of days the near impossible feat of having , Top Healer, Top Killer, Top Dmg , Top attacker ,Top Reviver all at the same time and yes my team still lost.

About teleporting in open world. It's kind of hard to report someone when you only notice them cheating when they vanish. ;) You'd need to guess the gathering node they have teleported to next and somehow manage to get there in time. Also, realistically, it's not the type of cheating I'd be most likely to report – after all, it doesn't really harm me much.

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

@"Zeronmyouji.6153" said:RIP sPvP im dropped for silvre 2 im gold 3 dont can play spvp anymore

A year ago I also played gold 3 /p1 now in stuck in silver too. if my skills just dropped this wouldn't be a problem is :
Y0992OA.jpg
Yes this looks bad but the point is I'm in 70% of those fight top killer or top dmg and in 50% both so clearly something is manipulating the ladder either is it bots on my side hackers on the other , both or even ladder snipers.(because it is weekend). I even done a couple of days the near impossible feat of having , Top Healer, Top Killer, Top Dmg , Top attacker ,Top Reviver all at the same time and yes my team still lost.

Not really surprising you lost actually if you are doing everything ;)

Bad balance, overworked and understaffed Customer Support Team that apparently has not suspended a certain user for blatantly n-bombing and f-bombing (the slur) PvP map chats multiple times for weeks now, an inability to respond effectively to people using port hacks, people blatantly win-trading for meaningless titles, and general toxicity (where a player on your team AFKs the ENTIRE MATCH from the start, then when you call the player out, the player claims that YOU are toxic XD). There is no punishment for AFKers, slurrers, or hackers, and slow balance improvement, so yeah, people just move on to PvE or WvW or other games.

@Smoosh.2718 said:Sadly the rise in cheaters isnt exclusive to just Gw2. Realworld punishments should be put into the terms and conditions for the act of cheating tbh. This and only this will stop people from cheating. Make it financial. Get caught, get fined.

All game companies go under the basis that you get caught, you get banned. The banned user creates a new account and cheats again. Nothing stops the cheater with this method.

Should just gate pvp unless you've bought the game. Its no fine, but having to pay 30 bucks and hope you dont get instasmacked for ban evasion is a good start at least.

@Smoosh.2718 said:Sadly the rise in cheaters isnt exclusive to just Gw2. Realworld punishments should be put into the terms and conditions for the act of cheating tbh. This and only this will stop people from cheating. Make it financial. Get caught, get fined.

All game companies go under the basis that you get caught, you get banned. The banned user creates a new account and cheats again. Nothing stops the cheater with this method.

Excellent suggestion. That or do it like China: programmers of cheats go to prison.

I like it when the game punishes the cheater.

I think cheating is a growing problem in games and it requires resources to monitor and clean the game from cheaters (and bad behaviour).A good AI could be a useful tool in finding suspects, but I think real people has to do the dirty work. I don't trust AI to do the whole job.That is expensive, but it seems to me that we can't avoid it anymore.

If there's a feature that identifies a mod or if a similar pattern is used, or if there's a way to compare how the keys are pressed (order, timing or pattern) and also log the reaction time to action from npc and other players. Maybe an AI could help with reporting the "maybe" cheaters that get caught in the net. Then someone at ANet can check that player to clear or punish, depending on if the rules were broken or not.

That could also work on foul language and bad behaviour. Automatically comparing the words and names with a dictionary, reporting and then manually reviewing that little rascal.

@"Lucio.4190" said:I like it when the game punishes the cheater.

I think cheating is a growing problem in games and it requires resources to monitor and clean the game from cheaters (and bad behaviour).A good AI could be a useful tool in finding suspects, but I think real people has to do the dirty work. I don't trust AI to do the whole job.That is expensive, but it seems to me that we can't avoid it anymore.

If there's a feature that identifies a mod or if a similar pattern is used, or if there's a way to compare how the keys are pressed (order, timing or pattern) and also log the reaction time to action from npc and other players. Maybe an AI could help with reporting the "maybe" cheaters that get caught in the net. Then someone at ANet can check that player to clear or punish, depending on if the rules were broken or not.

That could also work on foul language and bad behaviour. Automatically comparing the words and names with a dictionary, reporting and then manually reviewing that little rascal.

A)The problem is more where does it start ? There is a growing community in the Internet which do speed runs but the same community is also okay with the use of wall glitchs and bugging mechanics while they measure their world records. In Gw2 fractals it is the same 'good' groups using broken mechanic like pre buffs , /gg , portals and teleports to essentially shorten the run often around 50% or more . This way of running through it has nothing to do how the game designer intended you to play this game but Arena.NET gave them/us the green card to let them/us do as we/they like.

The problem for PvP games is when you win a lot you are a top player and top players can easily became Twitch streamers so that is their insensitive.(also eSport contracts).Basically recently a community has formed that tries to get the same fame as the PvP online games there was always in some games it always was with great fame when you done a world first like WoW . The point is I read they paid 10.000ths of dollars in ingame gold for the world first and other guilds too for their tries. Basically the big insensitive to do something not by the rules is there too.

From my experience the more competitive an MMO is the more self-destructive it is I saw it when everyone one was hyped about ArcheAge back in the days I already knew what will happen.

B) The other big point is opportunity and with this I don't mean any 3th party software I mean people are at home and have time e,g with al the talking recently in the PvP forum I realized how the PvP queue really works and how this interact with class balance and the scoring system fact which I think are being abused since years. Yes and I want to make Youtube Video out of it when I ever come to it. Also I found out some juice fact about the WvW queue which I still need to test.

Conclusion:

There reasons are1.) Lazy Developers which don't fix their stuff and gives opportunity2.) Competitiveness is good but when money is involved or rare items or something very exclusive people go nuts and this often hurt the game3.) Through Covid-19 people have a lot of time to find stuff and mabye do silly stuff.