New Guild Hall

Ashantara.8731

• 1 month later...

@"The Greyhawk.9107" said:They can't even make full episodes for IBS anymore, not going to bet money on a Guild hall from it (though a Eye of the North based guild hall is something I've wanted since....well, Eye of the North).

They have made full episodes. I believe they already stated way before (I can't remember the source, maybe someone can provide it?) that not all releases of Icebrood Saga will feature maps and that some of the later episodes would be similar to LS season 1.DRMs are pretty much the same as the story content form LS season 1 but packaged in instances since they don't want to get backlash from people missing out on replayablility as well as having the current map and environments change drastically.

I think where they went wrong is by promoting this product as "expansion like".

@"Ashantara.8731" If they were to hold true to their original sentiment, I would hope that they add a new guild hall that is alpine themed with snow falling, darkish sky and polar lights (Aurora Polaris).It has been my dream to have a guild hall like that, kind of similar to the what the GW1 EotN login screen looks like.

Maybe the guild hall could be in Gunnar's Hold and you have to retake it from the Icebrood?

Here are some pictures of in-game shots of Gunnar's Hold/Nornhart Domains,https://imgur.com/a/DmqAotT

and some more pics of Icecliff Chasms,https://imgur.com/a/DgMsz2j

Edit: Gunnar’s Hold in GW1 has an arena which would be perfect since the other guild halls in GW2 have arenas for PvP as well.

@Ogwom.7940 said:

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:They can't even make full episodes for IBS anymore, not going to bet money on a Guild hall from it (though a Eye of the North based guild hall is something I've wanted since....well, Eye of the North).

They have made full episodes. I believe they already stated way before (I can't remember the source, maybe someone can provide it?) that not all releases of Icebrood Saga will feature maps and that some of the later episodes would be similar to LS season 1.

They've managed to put out full episodes without making a full map in the past, however they aren't managing to do that now, not with the last two releases. DRMs are not a substitute for making a full episode and their comparison to LS1 isn't accurate as the update rate back then was once every two weeks as opposed to once every two or three (or more) months.

Why? What is the point of a guild hall except some nodes? I’m in a very active guild. We never use it. Some people decorate but that is just to pass the time. It is a nonsense patch work of decorations.

Edit - I do use the hall to transport to Vabbi on characters who have not been there yet.

@Brycar.2651 said:Why? What is the point of a guild hall except some nodes? I’m in a very active guild. We never use it. Some people decorate but that is just to pass the time. It is a nonsense patch work of decorations.

Edit - I do use the hall to transport to Vabbi on characters who have not been there yet.

Without Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey, Guild Hall is the only way to use Merchant, Repair Anvil, Bank and Guild Bank while still being able to return to where you were. Not even Eye of the North (or any other premium passes) can do that.

@"Brycar.2651" said:Why? What is the point of a guild hall except some nodes? I’m in a very active guild. We never use it. Some people decorate but that is just to pass the time. It is a nonsense patch work of decorations.

In their current iteration not much other than vendor/bank/repair access and a way for people to express creativity decorating, which for me is enough and warrants adding more.

But had they not been abandoned halfway through Heart of Thorns I think they could have grown to be much more.

If this game got any actual development and they continued expanding on them they could have added more unique features, like weekly "invasion" missions where they defend it for rewards. It's also a hub for people to teleport to guild missions, but as guild missions haven't been updated in...... have they been touched since vanilla?... that makes this feature a little more lack luster. I'm not sure if anyone even runs guild missions anymore. I know my guild doesn't but so few even log on anymore.

Personally, I know this would kill their pass sales so it's not likely to ever happen, but adding crafting tables, a trading post, etc would liven it up some and get more people to visit them. But just having a sandbox area for decorators is nice and I'd love to see more implemented. Lots more decorations as well but those seem to be hard to add despite there being thousands of assets already in game that SEEM like they could be easily added to a token vendor or whatever skipping the scribing recipe format. (Though some of them may need collision added.)

I think Halls and guilds are in need of some upgrades. A new hall would be neat, but I would honestly be happier to get better use of the Guild system. That is, new better Missions, more Mission rewards that are useful to Veteran Players (Hero banners suck now anyway since they poof the second u leave a map, change toons and even then they only last 30 minutes. So banners are fucking garbage these days). The only rewards like 95% of players want commendations for seems to be to get trinkets (only core stats STILL) and banners cause the rest is garbo.

The pvp arena in the halls should use pvp gear and stats or have an option to load a pvp instance to spar. The pvp arena is TOO SMALL.

Guilds and the guild system could use work in general. The best guilds are mostly LFG systems via discord or active chat windows, average guilds are chirp chirp cause the game doesnt compel players to do things as a guild. How about XP, MF bonus for each guild member in squad or party or some other things that encourage people to bond some and get to know each other beyond LF x to do Y and saying Hi all, whats new.

I used to play EQ long ago. It didn't have halls, but the game was designed with the trinity system and had large scale raids and things like competing for spawns that encouraged people to actually socialize and form guilds. Your guild mattered. IMO in gw2 much of the time the guild well just doesn't matter. Players in this game are independent because content isn't designed around a trinity system so it should have other things to compel people in guilds to bond to make guilds more meaningful and enjoyable to be party of and develop. As a guild leader these days I think people often get stuck in the roll of cruise director for a bunch of mostly detached strangers who come and go with the wind. It can get kinda old. I know Im kinda rambling at this point, but its just what came to mind and Im just trying to say I think Guilds need other things more than a new hall, but why not both some improvements to guild system and a new hall or two.

honestly wvw-balance is just a thing they use as cover for alliances. @Excursion.9752 the Alliances update was full planned 4 years ago, announced even earlier. and talking about balance where the fights regularly are in different numbers and 30 strong players can farm 60 players over and over... is quite funny. even if its 30vs40, 50vs45 30vs45... 15 vs 30 etc. all that is currently and has always been doable.

before the (in my eyes pretty unhealthy for any balance existing) dmg nerfs and changes on targets of classes you could 3vs15 even in some cases (air keep lord room defense)... so when that is/was possible, why balancing things around?

the losing group of a fight will either leave it, if inexperienced may just run against the same well for hours, or bring more people, till they succeed (or find another target in case #1)

so in a dynamic mass-pvpvE/D... how can one possibly think this is balance-able effectively? alone the idea...

also, i am convinced it only came up to make people finally stop talking about Alliances, meanwhile bad links and bad matchups are the by far worst things for players. servers get regularly emptied out and people who want serious content are forced to move on. and this can happen to every server.

@Ashantara.8731 so, we got 1 guild hall per expansion... makes the chances better that the next Guild Hall comes with the EoD-exp some time this year, i suppose?

It's almost a given that we'll get a GH for EoD.

Personally I'd love to have 4 choices (Imperial, Shing Jea, Jade Sea, Echovald) but I feel like that's unrealistic. If I had to choose one it'd be a fancy part of Kaineng city with a nice view and some nature. That or Kurzick lands.

@Morvran.8265 said:It's almost a given that we'll get a GH for EoD.

Personally I'd love to have 4 choices (Imperial, Shing Jea, Jade Sea, Echovald) but I feel like that's unrealistic. If I had to choose one it'd be a fancy part of Kaineng city with a nice view and some nature. That or Kurzick lands.

I hope for an updated version of Isle of Meditation, featuring an actual large primary building (for once), you know, like an actual Hall complex with adjacent buildings for the arena and such.