Can phantasms be a little faster at turning into clones after they've done their attack

K THEN.5162

• 2 weeks later...

@kybraga.7103 said:Honestly you'd think it wouldn't be hard to reduce the after-cast on Phantasm skills. I'm pretty sure that's what the issue is, with aftercast.

Then again, I've seen Phantasmal Swordsman take ~instant to 2s to despawn lol.

Not to mention the Swordsman often gets stuck on all kids of world geometry so often doesn't even make it to the target to execute its attack.

@scerevisiae.1972 said:

@kybraga.7103 said:Honestly you'd think it wouldn't be hard to reduce the after-cast on Phantasm skills. I'm pretty sure that's what the issue is, with aftercast.

Then again, I've seen Phantasmal Swordsman take ~instant to 2s to despawn lol.

Not to mention the Swordsman often gets stuck on all kids of world geometry so often doesn't even make it to the target to execute its attack.

Phantasmal swordsman and illusionary leap as well! Sometimes you even cast the skill and nothing happens, but you're damn right it'll go on full cooldown nonetheless!It's tragic how broken mesmers are, really... Definitely need more nerfs, this is OP. (and in case it wasn't perfecly clear - /sarcasm)

@"Tseison.4659" said:Don't get me started on the cast time for: Phantasmal Disenchanter, Swordsman and Defender and how unbearably slow it is (EVEN with quickness). It needs to be instant or ½ ...

Very true, especially swordsman, even if you take phantasmal haste, the quickness runs out before it even finishes its attack because of that "run-up" it does before it attack EVEN if you're directly on top of what you're casting it on.Weirdly enough, disenchanter and defender cast time is 1/2 second underwater tho but I don't think it would be a good idea for all of them to be instant cast since you can also cast them from behind as well, or any phantasm skill rather. But there is definitely some "clunkyness" with those 3 phantasms.

@necromaniac.7629 said:

@"Tseison.4659" said:Don't get me started on the cast time for:
Phantasmal Disenchanter, Swordsman and Defender
and how unbearably slow it is (EVEN with quickness). It needs to be instant or ½ ...

Very true, especially swordsman, even if you take phantasmal haste, the quickness runs out before it even finishes its attack because of that "run-up" it does before it attack EVEN if you're directly on top of what you're casting it on.Weirdly enough, disenchanter and defender cast time is 1/2 second underwater tho but I don't think it would be a good idea for all of them to be instant cast since you can also cast them from behind as well, or any phantasm skill rather. But there is definitely some "clunkyness" with those 3 phantasms.

Yeah that’s why if not instant then definitely 1/2 a second which is far more reasonable. As strong off hand sword is, I can justify its usefulness in a rotation when it’s so slow.

Being balanced around turning into Clone is half the problem with Phantasms and why they honestly kind of suck.

Here's a novel idea, separate Phantasms from Clones entirely. Make all Clone skills (except autoattacks), generate an extra Clone, and then remove the Clone mechanic from Phantasms but keep their traits like transferring boons.

Then increase the maximum amount of Clones to 5-6 like all other classes' summons, especially considering they're only temporary summons and have no lasting impact on the game or its performance (the main reason Phantasms were nerfed).

This would also help both mechanics with their roles in competitive modes.