Efficient ways to farm spirit shards now?

Basically anything that gives large amounts of exp.

Without considering anything else you will get one around every 14 events at gold level participation.1 every 8000 mob kills ... this also shows why killing mobs is a bad way to level in GW2.

Before you start you should stack up on https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experience#Experience_modifiersHowever you need to pay attention to the content you are doing. IIRC SW mobs spawned by the defense events do not give exp so any experience from kills boosts would be wasted.

I don't remember if Dragonfall and Drizzlewood event mobs give exp or not. If they do that would be good choices too.

Ideally you want something that has a lot of exp granting mobs and a lot of events at the same time.

Fractals is also good(up to 1.2 shards) and you might want to consider some dungeons actually. Each explorable dungeon path is 0.7 shards without counting mob exp. Both require somewhat decent team ...

Yup 3 spirit shards from full silverwaste unmodified xp. Well that's plain dreadful, pretty much only shard on ding now. That's way way way slower than anything else for ascended. Can't really gear ascended in anyway fast now unless youre sitting on bunch of spirit shards.

Maybe it's even faster wvwing for tomes now hah, to gear in pve.

@Crackmonster.2790 said:Maybe it's even faster wvwing for tomes now hah, to gear in pve.

It's pretty fast yeah. Especially if you have boosters and take a reward track that gives lots of tomes. Plus, for every WXP rank you get potions which you can also use to speed up reward track gain. That's one of the small list of great things about WvW in terms of loot gain. You're never short on obsidian, spirit shards or clovers.

Also, i think PvP is a good source of shards, but i'm not sure how that works exactly because i don't PvP much.

Other than that, if you only want PvE, it's going to be pretty slow.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

1. Lab Farm during Halloween
  2. Leather farm in Lake Doric
  3. Dragon’s Stand up to towers

Those are the top three as far as efficiency goes. Nowhere else in the game really compares to those.

Isn't octovine also supposed to be pretty good for exp?Not particularly repeatable though.

There's downtime waiting for it to begin which was why I didn't include things like that.

@"Crackmonster.2790" said:Just before i was gonna farm up another 1-2 sets ascended gear sets, the spirit farm got ripped.

Still got 220 left to farm today/tomorrow.. anyone got a clue what are good ways to target them now? Heading into silverwastes now..

There's much better ways to earn spirit shards than SW, for silverwastes the average is 5 shards per hour.

Here's the top:

Lab farm (Halloween)

HoT adventures + griffon races(daily)

Dragonstand ~10 spirit shards + (9-11g/h)

Stonehead farm (baubles) ~10 spirit shards + (14-16g/h)

HoT meta train(vb,ab,td) ~ 14 spirit shards + (18-20g/h)

Crystal Oasis ~ 14 spirit shards + (23-25g/h)

Can see values of some here https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/farmtrain , https://www.peuresearchcenter.com/benchmarks.html , https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HOBKHgaPbmc1uMAqupeta824hQzjhiaXBWhPXjORAZs/edit?usp=drivesdk

@Crackmonster.2790 said:Yup 3 spirit shards from full silverwaste unmodified xp. Well that's plain dreadful, pretty much only shard on ding now. That's way way way slower than anything else for ascended. Can't really gear ascended in anyway fast now unless youre sitting on bunch of spirit shards.

Maybe it's even faster wvwing for tomes now hah, to gear in pve.

maybe/probably, but only if ur really a routineer in Wvw i guess. i sit on like 2000 + 500 spirit shards and i mainly/only nearly play Wvw. (u get one for each rank, and apart from the tomes i used to level characters or buy spirit banner/antology of heroes etc... yeah, don't need them for much else.

@Robban.1256 said:

@"Crackmonster.2790" said:Just before i was gonna farm up another 1-2 sets ascended gear sets, the spirit farm got ripped.

Still got 220 left to farm today/tomorrow.. anyone got a clue what are good ways to target them now? Heading into silverwastes now..

There's much better ways to earn spirit shards than SW, for silverwastes the average is 5 shards per hour.

Here's the top:

Lab farm (Halloween)

HoT adventures + griffon races(daily)

Dragonstand ~10 spirit shards + (9-11g/h)

Stonehead farm (baubles) ~10 spirit shards + (14-16g/h)

HoT meta train(vb,ab,td) ~ 14 spirit shards + (18-20g/h)

Crystal Oasis ~ 14 spirit shards + (23-25g/h)

Can see values of some here

Keep in mind that those spirit shard values were likely entirely based on spirit shards dropping from champ bags which no longer is possible.

Still scratching my head as to why OP needs so many spirit shards to craft ascended armor. I just did a full set of light marauders yesterday without spending anything except for some gold for spools of thread. Unless they're going to craft one set and stat-swap to different stats. But you'd still only need 120 spirit shards for two full sets of ascended armor and they say they still need 220. So...what am I missing?

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:Still scratching my head as to why OP needs so many spirit shards to craft ascended armor. I just did a full set of light marauders yesterday without spending anything except for some gold for spools of thread. Unless they're going to craft one set and stat-swap to different stats. But you'd still only need 120 spirit shards for two full sets of ascended armor and they say they still need 220. So...what am I missing?

Every vision or lesser vision crystal requires 20, so i had 11 items to craft. Ended up salvaging other ascended i wasn't using. Why is there a better way to craft than regular crafting?

@Crackmonster.2790 said:

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:Still scratching my head as to why OP needs so many spirit shards to craft ascended armor. I just did a full set of light marauders yesterday without spending anything except for some gold for spools of thread. Unless they're going to craft one set and stat-swap to different stats. But you'd still only need 120 spirit shards for two full sets of ascended armor and they say they still need 220. So...what am I missing?

Every vision or lesser vision crystal requires 20, so i had 11 items to craft. Ended up salvaging other ascended i wasn't using. Why is there a better way to craft than regular crafting?

It's almost like they want you to work for the ascended armor and play the game. :tongue:I mean, if you only play PvE, there's a lot of spirit shards to gain there, but you're not going to get them overnight.What did you mean by "better way to craft than regular crafting"?

@Veprovina.4876 said:

It's almost like they want you to work for the ascended armor and play the game. :tongue:I mean, if you only play PvE, there's a lot of spirit shards to gain there, but you're not going to get them overnight.What did you mean by
"better way to craft than regular crafting"
?

Well he seemed to think i would only need 10 spirits per ascended swap, so either he's doing some other trick or he forget vision crystals take 20 each to begin with.

@Crackmonster.2790 said:

It's almost like they want you to work for the ascended armor and play the game. :tongue:I mean, if you only play PvE, there's a lot of spirit shards to gain there, but you're not going to get them overnight.What did you mean by
"better way to craft than regular crafting"
?

Well he seemed to think i would only need 10 spirits per ascended swap, so either he's doing some other trick or he forget vision crystals take 20 each to begin with.

But ascended swap does cost only 10 spirit shards per piece.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stat_changing

But of course, that only works if you already have an ascended piece. To make one, you need 20.

Maybe the skyscale volatile magic air routes are worth mentioning? Ground ones too in some places like dragonfall. I swear the ones in dragon fall can be chased for.. well i dont know but i think for over 2 lvls just eating volatiles real fast. I dunno if they are daily per char or, if you have a lot of alts that can turn into a lot real quick i guess.

@Crackmonster.2790 said:

I forgot about the augurs stones for the vision crystals because I had more than enough vision crystals already.

For what it's worth, I'd send you a thousand spirit shards if I could.