Deldrimor Stoneskin Infusion does not affect Facial Hair

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:That is an incredibly powerful mustache. Allowing it to continue breaking out of stone unchecked could have long-reaching consequences, so I've alerted the relevant team and they're looking into it.

(Also thank you for the screenshot. It made my morning.)

The response alone made my day. The commentary in this thread made it even better.

I'll keep an eye out for mustache related patch notes.

• ArenaNet Staff

@"AysonCurrax.3254" said:

No need to wait, we figured it out. Your character's mustache was already dark brown or black, right? The mustache is being changed by the infusion, it's just that the infusion happens to interact with that particular mustache in that particular color in a way that the changes aren't very noticeable. The dev who was looking into the issue shared a few screenshots with me to help illustrate and I've included them below. No hair changes were made between images:

qhjz4iyzg79l.pngzvbhx4dv010f.pngju16g8jgikwg.png

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:

No need to wait, we figured it out. Your character's mustache was already dark brown or black, right? The mustache is being changed by the infusion, it's just that the infusion happens to interact with
that
particular mustache in
that
particular color in a way that the changes aren't very noticeable. The dev who was looking into the issue shared a few screenshots with me to help illustrate and I've included them below. No hair changes were made between images:

qhjz4iyzg79l.pngzvbhx4dv010f.pngju16g8jgikwg.png

So it is supposed to look like that then?

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:

So it is supposed to look like that then?

It is. It is affecting your mustache, but the changes are minimal against your original color. That said, we are passing this on to more relevant teams to make them aware that this is A Thing That Is Happening.

Huh, it really is a mysterious mustache after all then. I guess i'll have to live with it for the time being. But if somehow possible, i would really appreciate it if it would end up in line with, well, every other type of facial hair out there i guess.

I think i saw another post in the discussion forums earlier where someone mentioned that the infusion turns their asura's hair into a black blob, as well. I would have to find that post again, though.

EDIT: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1408657/#Comment_1408657

What is left of the Deldrimor Dwarves tell tales of Norn blessed by the spirits of the wild with facial follicles so powerful that not even the power of the Great Dwarf can contain their lustrous mustaches, grown as if to defy the will of Gods, Dwarven and Human alike.

It is hard to tell if it is awe or fear in their stony voices, but one thing is certain... when they speak of the Ebonstache it is always for respect of these Norn of Legend.

They say that if one were to weave the Ebonstache hairs into a whip that it could cleave the mightiest Elder Dragon in two, but sadly these hairs defiantly remain in place, as if bound by wax stronger than the finest Deldrimor steel, never to fall out or to be plucked.

They even say that no blade can trim the mighty Ebonstache, that it is only by the mighty will of the Norn that bare them that stops their growth.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"AysonCurrax.3254" said:The Infusion affect head hair, but does not affect facial hair.Now i look like a statue with a mustache glued to it.
gw087.jpg?width=1281&height=676

I have the same issue with my Asura's hair. Looks like some black mat glued to the stone head.

What hairstyle/color is it? Do you happen to have a screenshot?

@Lonami.2987 said:

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:Thank you, I passed that on as well.

Unrelated to this specific issue, but connected to Dragon Response Mission rewards either way.

The following harpoon skin sold by the Ebon Vanguard:

Unlocks the following skin:

When it should be this one instead:

Thanks!

Here's some information:

Originally Spear was known as Harpoon, as seen in the "Harpoon Master" achievement above, as only kills with a spear count towards it.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spearhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Harpoonhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Harpoon_(weapon) (Scroll to bottom of page)