Server Population Out of Date or Not Updated?

Heibi.4251

The current server populations just don't add up. We just finished a week where the server that moved up has consistently had the designation of only "High" population while they are #2 in both NA(EST)/NA(PST), #1 EU, #3 in OCX, and #7 in SEA. Who knows what their link's actual population is who are also listed at "High" population. I'm wondering if any server statuses have been updated in recent weeks because the numbers just don't add up? Those two servers have consistently outnumbered us in the last two meetings and we were listed as Very High. The link below are the numbers before this week's reset. It only shows the lead servers.unknown.png

Your numbers are showing Kills and deaths as ‘activity’. While being the only thing we have to gauge how active a server is, it is not accurate.

Really look at that list and you can pick out multiple flaws.

Based on that alone, the evil empire would be in sixth place......

But we know that’s not an accurate representation of population.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:But we know that’s not an accurate representation of population.Even if it was accurate for the actual population and activity, it doesnt represent effectiveness.

A 10 man attacking guild can dominate a border during more quiet times even when defenders have 20+ on the border.

Even during peak times with 50+50+50 zergs on the map fighting and killing each other for hours... whatever side is actually capping things is the winner on that border even if they loose the fights.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Your numbers are showing Kills and deaths as ‘activity’. While being the only thing we have to gauge how active a server is, it is not accurate.

Those numbers aren't kills. They'd be a lot lower if they were.

@Heibi.4251 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Your numbers are showing Kills and deaths as ‘activity’. While being the only thing we have to gauge how active a server is, it is not accurate.

Those numbers aren't kills. They'd be a lot lower if they were.

I know. You quoted what I actually said :

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Your numbers are showing Kills and deaths as ‘activity’.

That's my website. I wouldn't read too much into those numbers. I made that like 4 years ago now and did the scoring as 0.33score + 3(k+d) which is just arbitrary based on what I personally viewed as important. Until there's official anet provided data in the API as far as logins to wvw on average that will never be accurate.

@potatofarms.9241 said:That's my website. I wouldn't read too much into those numbers. I made that like 4 years ago now and did the scoring as 0.33score + 3(k+d) which is just arbitrary based on what I personally viewed as important. Until there's official anet provided data in the API as far as logins to wvw on average that will never be accurate.

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

@"Heibi.4251" said:The current server populations just don't add up. We just finished a week where the server that moved up has consistently had the designation of only "High" population while they are #2 in both NA(EST)/NA(PST), #1 EU, #3 in OCX, and #7 in SEA. Who knows what their link's actual population is who are also listed at "High" population. I'm wondering if any server statuses have been updated in recent weeks because the numbers just don't add up? Those two servers have consistently outnumbered us in the last two meetings and we were listed as Very High. The link below are the numbers before this week's reset. It only shows the lead servers.unknown.png

remember ur server lost like 3-5 guild last month, at least that i know, so it would have less 50 players ,but hod have a lot of pugs, and mostly pugs without a pugmander or guild don't do nothing, most of pugs just sit in a tower and count their pips/reward track

I started this thread specifically about skirmish scores and servers bouncing up and down the tiers. It has turned into a Mag versus everyone else thread, which was not actually the point. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/122058/na-prime-time-scores-on-na-servers

The points raised on this other thread are also relevant to this thread, I think.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@FalconRN.6219 said:mostly pugs without a pugmander or guild don't do nothing,Guilds have their fair share of don't doing nothing too. Have you ever GvG'd?

guild groups are the cores of every serious group... GvGs are certain times, rarely longer than like 2 hours. also... friendly reminder that ppt'ing is worthless. tiers are worthless, therefore points are as well.

some people will never understand this i fear. like @"Dawdler.8521" who still calls the mindless pptbots "winners".... we currently try to convince our ppt people to stop the ppt to not got t1...they cannot even fight anything effectively in t2, we're even now the smaller server. yet, people tryhard the whole night for t1, where the numbers finally are that big , so that nobody can safely move out of spawn. geeez.

@FalconRN.6219 sadly people do things without leads, just nothing really useful. it still counts as activity and keeps servers full. that's when three people go for a sentry, 5-10 people go for camps or 30 people go cloudformation to SM for hours, just to get farmed over and over.

sadly, with the current system this flawed cycle continues forever.

@"Heibi.4251" said:The current server populations just don't add up. We just finished a week where the server that moved up has consistently had the designation of only "High" population while they are #2 in both NA(EST)/NA(PST), #1 EU, #3 in OCX, and #7 in SEA. Who knows what their link's actual population is who are also listed at "High" population. I'm wondering if any server statuses have been updated in recent weeks because the numbers just don't add up? Those two servers have consistently outnumbered us in the last two meetings and we were listed as Very High. The link below are the numbers before this week's reset. It only shows the lead servers.unknown.png

The numbers in your picture are from host+link combined. Generally a host server with only high population will get one of the biggest links and can therefore still have a very large population of players for the pairing. Whereas a full host server might get an almost empty link and actually have less players than a VH+High combination.

Anet could easily fix most of it and make some money for their company at same time. Give a ftp account 2 hours to play in pvp or wvw to try it out. Then those accounts not allowed in either until they purchase the game and expansions. Make accounts transferring, go 4-6 weeks without pips or pay like 5000 gems to reinstall pips after the normal 2 week wait. Would make anet money and cut down on the stupid tag watching, spying, pulling tactics etc.