Skills Timing

VICBEAR.1529

Hello!

I want to pay the attention of the developers to how they implement skills cooldown in two cases PvE and PvP.

We can encounter different cooldown of the same skills in these two modes. Please, this is anoying!For example, I do not want to have cooldown "Mega-Arrow" (fictitious name) skill 3sec for PvE and 2sec for PvP/WvW.Everytime it requires time to get used to it and maybe you will die several times.

Please, make the same cooldown for all modes of the game.

Thanks

@DeanBB.4268 said:As a PvE player, I don't want the entire game balanced around the competitive modes. Thus it is preferable to split the skills and balance independently.

However, as a PvE player, how do you know that the game balanced around the competitive modes?Also, does it mean that the game separates to only two ways PvE or PvP play but not a both at the same time?

@VICBEAR.1529 said:

@DeanBB.4268 said:As a PvE player, I don't want the entire game balanced around the competitive modes. Thus it is preferable to split the skills and balance independently.

However, as a PvE player, how do you know that the game balanced around the competitive modes?Also, does it mean that the game separates to only two ways PvE or PvP play but not a both at the same time?

There are loads of skills and traits that are not separated at all. There are some separated into PvE and PvP. Some even to WvW separately; some into three versions, some into PvE&WvWvsPvP, some PvEvsWvW&PvP.

I would probably engage more in PvP and WvW if I didn't have to relearn my class skills and traits when changing game modes.

When I have engaged with PvP or WvW it is on a profession I don't play in PvE to help keep it simple. I can't say the learning curve is as steep going from PvP to PvE when compared to going from PvE to PvP, but taking my WvW only toon into Open World also has had it's challenges/learning experiences.

This isn't unique to this game, most games with competitive split between PvP and PvE have the same issue. I master a profession in one game mode to become a total noob in the other. PvP and WvW throw a lot of stuff at you before you consider that the professions traits and skills change as well.

I would prefer to see more PvP or WvW centric traits and skills as separate options to PvE centric traits and skills. This way when changing game modes you are looking to change your build to the skills and traits preferred for that mode, not reuse existing but functionally different skills and traits.

Wow there appears to be 800+ split skills in this game?!?!?!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Split_skills

Balance?

For example, I play WvW and get used to a certain sequence of skills and timing. Then people kicked me from PvE raid because my timing is bad. So, it means that I need time to re-practise before I can be usefull in a team.

However, where can I get so many time for the game to practise and re-practise? Sure, I understand your advice to play one style long term then second one but I would like to enjoy all aspects of the game without restriction.

Anyway, seems it is issue only for me. Do not mind it.

Anets solution:

Skill X does 100 damage in PvE, kills mobs with 100 hp in 1s.Skill X does 50 damage in PvP because 100 is too OP.

If Anet changes the PvE values so that the mobs need 2 seconds to die, PvErs go absolutely mental because of the damage loss. Just imagine today if someone where to say... "yeah 5000 dps in raids is normal". A PvEr would have a literal heartattack.

What actually should have been done from the start because its the logical solution:Skill X does 50 damage in PvE, kills mobs with rebalanced 100->50 hp in 1s.Skill X does the same 50 damage in PvP because that is the baseline balance.

Yeah, they just need for a fast farming for a gold.

But it annoys me for example stealth works 2sec on WvW and 3 sec on PvE, some skill requires 8 initiative on WvW and only 6 on PvE etc.Hello, people! Make it 2 sec and 8 initiative for all modes because it really drives crazy.

Moreover, how do I see PvE fights? For me it is mode where I can practice my skills before competitive modes. But some people see it as different games where I should farm PvE to get equipe before PvP. Nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Anets solution:

Skill X does 100 damage in PvE, kills mobs with 100 hp in 1s.Skill X does 50 damage in PvP because 100 is too OP.

If Anet changes the PvE values so that the mobs need 2 seconds to die, PvErs go absolutely mental because of the damage loss. Just imagine today if someone where to say... "yeah 5000 dps in raids is normal". A PvEr would have a literal heartattack.

What actually should have been done from the start because its the logical solution:Skill X does 50 damage in PvE, kills mobs with rebalanced 100->50 hp in 1s.Skill X does the same 50 damage in PvP because that is the baseline balance.

Yea but that would not be good for raids, For example Keep Construct has HP: 55,053,600 , enrage timer is 10min = avg team dps must be over +9175 dps to not reach enrage before they have killed it.

Boss Enrage Effect: Vengeance (Mordrem). Enraged — Increases damage dealt by 200%.

And if you have 3-4 support classes then the dps req for dps classes drastically increase