Report hacker option ?

In game i dont see any option to report hacker... so how to do it ? It sounds like u need to make video and send it too gm or somebody to watch over it.Dont get it why is not there any report for hacker in game.

As today i saw guy in wvw on our side... jumping on roofs of building, jumping into object bypassing any wall or rock, teleporting around..... and all ppl in mapchat knows he is hacker and cant do crap about it.

He ruining gameplay for all by watching this a knowing we are toothless.

(Options like doing video and sending it to somebody is not solution to problems like this.)

Yeah use the botting option.

Pretty sure the same methods Anet use to catch bots will also allow them to identify people using 3rd party software like this to port around etc.Something to do with player logs I think.

Though Anet prefer to ban large groups of players in one go rather than individually ban on identification.Personally I wish they were toughter on this though and players caught using bots and hacks like that are never allowed to come back to the game.They deserve to be perma-banned.

They need a more comprehensive reporting tool. A tool that would instantly notify an active GM's (old Ultima Online reference for Game Master who moderated the world) that are invisible and can teleport to an area of concern with the click of a button. Then if the GM deemed it necessary they would lock the account or put all an accounts characters in "virtual jail". This area would be for the botters or people that did not respond when quested by a GM. So when the user logged in next time they would be in an area where they could not move and would be greeted by a GM explaining to them why their in jail and give them a chance to explain themselves.

These are all things that a Ultima Online a game from 1997 did well. You could even report an exploit and within a few minutes a GM would pop up and have you show it to them. Any game in my opinion should have these types of features to keep people from getting to out of hand and honest. I feel that people that have a problem with this type of oversight are "generally" the ones who test the limits so to speak.

I personally hope my Gem money goes toward something like this.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Personally I wish they were toughter on this though and players caught using bots and hacks like that are never allowed to come back to the game.They deserve to be perma-banned.

They never reveal the actions that are taken, but I'm pretty certain perma-bans do occur.

Positive that perma bans are rare and usually only done for extreme cases.I'm pretty sure most bans are x amount of days/months which really isnt much of a deterrent for people willing to use 3rd party hacks.They pay a subscription for that software so getting banned is not going to stop them using it over and over again.

To this day sites that sell known Gw2 cheat software are active and I expect their private discords for paying customers are even more so.I'm not willing to give these people money to play spy though..If I knew how to get around that stuff i'd gladly make myself as much of a nuisance for these people as I could but I don't have those abilities unfortunately.

Anyhow I fully believe that using 3rd party cheating software should result in Anet perma-banning your account.It's the only punishment I believe suits the crime.

Recently in WvW hack tools are widely used, I saw many players, even little roamer zerg, with fly, teleport, endurance regen etc... and seems they were quite safe, even if you report for botting it will be difficult for Anet to understand the real reason, many of such tools are active outside the game and they can just search your pc for such applications that is, well, not so legal, in short it will be absolutely useless and we must live with those lamers....

@keenedge.9675 said:It's tough to KNOW if a person is hacking.

I was using Raptor to farm and someone said I was speed-hacking. The raptor dismount gives you a speed boost that looks like a blur to a bystander.I talked and showed them I was human.

Thats what unexperienced player can see and dont get...

But after 10k+ hours in game u know what game is capable.... and when u see guy jumping on top of walls, top of towers... moving through map 2x faster than fastest class .... u will know when u met one....

• 8 months later...

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Personally I wish they were toughter on this though and players caught using bots and hacks like that are never allowed to come back to the game.They deserve to be perma-banned.

They never reveal the actions that are taken, but I'm pretty certain perma-bans do occur.

Positive that perma bans are rare and usually only done for extreme cases.I'm pretty sure most bans are x amount of days/months which really isnt much of a deterrent for people willing to use 3rd party hacks.They pay a subscription for that software so getting banned is not going to stop them using it over and over again.

That is... not true. If you've ever gone digging into the history of these forums, you'll find a graveyard lying just below the surface. Every once in awhile I'll go looking for an old post of mine, because occasionally I'll say something smart that I want to reference. Each time I do this, I'll come across a years-old thread full of names that I recognize, but haven't seen in awhile. Some I like, some I hate, but whatever reason I decide to click on a name to see what they're up to, only to see those dreaded red letters and a last post made years ago.

We call it the memory hole. We're so inundated with media that we don't realize when somebody has dropped off the face of the earth. We don't see these banned people, largely because they aren't around to be seen.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

That is... not true. If you've ever gone digging into the history of these forums, you'll find a graveyard lying just below the surface. Every once in awhile I'll go looking for an old post of mine, because occasionally I'll say something smart that I want to reference. Each time I do this, I'll come across a years-old thread full of names that I recognize, but haven't seen in awhile. Some I like, some I hate, but whatever reason I decide to click on a name to see what they're up to, only to see those dreaded red letters and a last post made years ago.

We call it the memory hole. We're so inundated with media that we don't realize when somebody has dropped off the face of the earth. We don't see these banned people, largely because they aren't around to be seen.

They may have new accounts and are still active and hacking in the game just not on the forums, can't know for sure.

people often asume someone is the same account just cause it has a toon with a simular name and actions. But it is doubtfull that it is actually the same account. Actions are being taken. Unfortunally, those people doing bad things that are against the ToS often do more bad things. A good example would be stealling accounts and stealing creditcards to make fake accounts.

If you want 'Report A Player' the "hacking" selection, it's only available via https://help.guildwars2.com

and a customer support will reply with something looks like a copy and pasted responsehttps://i.imgur.com/UDeo7kI.png

dont see why they should not do like what they are doing in GW1, public shaming cheaters and gold sellers, like the exception what they did to J T Darkside

i reckon Anet could make shit loads of side income from youtube ads by uploading all the videos of them terminating the cheatershttps://massivelyop.com/2015/05/05/arenanet-strips-kills-deletes-and-bans-guild-wars-2-cheater/it's got 1,984,871 views to date

It is completely true. If botters who are so obvious that a person who has never played a game before would realize that they surely can't just stand there all day, every day, and that reporting them is useless, then there can be no other explanation. Obviously anet doesn't give a fuck. I mean, i should have been permanently banned from these forums for a while now, but that hasn't happened yet since the reported posts are automatically removed, which means that the "moderators" are just bots as well. No one at anet cares one bit. Only way to get banned is being racist/sexist or something else obvious, and spreading it around a map for all to see, and even that isn't a certainty. Otherwise, nobody wants to remove a (hopefully) paying customer.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

It is completely true. If botters who are so obvious that a person who has never played a game before would realize that they surely can't just stand there all day, every day, and that reporting them is useless, then there can be no other explanation. Obviously anet doesn't give a kitten. I mean, i should have been permanently banned from these forums for a while now, but that hasn't happened yet since the reported posts are automatically removed, which means that the "moderators" are just bots as well. No one at anet cares one bit. Only way to get banned is being racist/sexist or something else obvious, and spreading it around a map for all to see, and even that isn't a certainty. Otherwise, nobody wants to remove a (hopefully) paying customer.

I was referring to permanent bans being rare. People assume they're rare largely because they aren't visible. Also, the moderators aren't bots. They have a few stock accounts that they pilot to hand out moderation. They copy/paste from a script in an attempt to make the moderation as impersonal as possible. But make no mistake, they are people.

It is completely true. If botters who are so obvious that a person who has never played a game before would realize that they surely can't just stand there all day, every day, and that reporting them is useless, then there can be no other explanation. Obviously anet doesn't give a kitten. I mean, i should have been permanently banned from these forums for a while now, but that hasn't happened yet since the reported posts are automatically removed, which means that the "moderators" are just bots as well. No one at anet cares one bit. Only way to get banned is being racist/sexist or something else obvious, and spreading it around a map for all to see, and even that isn't a certainty. Otherwise, nobody wants to remove a (hopefully) paying customer.

I was referring to permanent bans being rare. People assume they're rare largely because they aren't visible. Also, the moderators aren't bots. They have a few stock accounts that they pilot to hand out moderation. They copy/paste from a script in an attempt to make the moderation as impersonal as possible. But make no mistake, they are people.

Well, botters for sure are immune to perma bans. Especially since, if they even ban the account, it will be just an account that funnels profit/materials to a single account while anet gives the perpetrator a pass. Then they just make 10 new bots. Heh, would explain them having similar names and all being in the same guild since they are made by the same person(s), but that's obvious. You could say "it's not as easy as that" but that's BS. If they'd put effort into it, they could end it. They just don't. Don't worry, that is the norm in game developing. "Think of the savings!"

If real people are actually looking through the reports and respondin appropriately, why am i still here? After (at least) five bans, i would expect to not be allowed to come back. Also, many times there has been nothing "offensive" with what i said, as anyone would know if they looked through the posts. Since the post got removed, i assume they simply glaze over it and automatically send a reply without caring. I mean, you could report this and it would get removed for speaking about moderating. Give it a whirl if you feel like it.