... But The Thief Got Away.

Svarty.8019

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:We've all got stories about battles we've had. The most memorable for me are the 10-ish people ones. You know, where it's not small enough to be ganky and not big enough to be zergy. They're the Goldilocks battles. The fun ones.

Sadly, there's a recurring theme that thwarts these stories. The Thief always gets away.

Whether it's our thief or the enemy thief. It makes a mockery of the game. How is anybody supposed to take combat in GW2 seriously when they know they can roll thief and never die?

Thieves want CC, burst, condi damage and cleanse while being most mobile class out there.It's not a coincidence that most toxic players choose this class, it fits their twisted personalities.The situation got worse with recent damage reduction across the board, it's way too hard to punish a good thief.

Yeah some thieves refuse to die to one Whirling Axe, how dare they! /s

@VICBEAR.1529 said:Did you see ever impudent rangers on WvW at 1500 distans and killing everything using 1-2 skills?

Thanks thieves that those rangers have not easy life!Rangers are purely the same side of cancer that's all.

Separate topic but it is more Sic'em+OWP+RF Soulbeasts that are the cancer not Rangers specifically.

This is what I want to show crying boys. None of them do not play thief because in this role they can not kill anyone.This is reason why they play One-shot Ranger, One-dot Revinant, One-Whirl Warrior etc.

Also, they cry about uber mobily of thief.This is myth in present days that was true in maybe 2014.Today there are many classes more mobile than thief: Engineer, Warrior, Ranger, Mesmer, Elementalist.AND ATTENTION! They do damage when thief should make choice between mobility or damage.

The advantage that thief has is stealth. But not only thief has stealth!Moreover, many classes can detect you in stealth:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revealed

So, create topic "Please delete thief class" and I hope ANet will totally nerf thief becauseI've wanted to start playing for a long time ranger/engineer.

@"VICBEAR.1529" said:This is what I want to show crying boys. None of them do not play thief because in this role they can not kill anyone.This is reason why they play One-shot Ranger, One-dot Revinant, One-Whirl Warrior etc.

Also, they cry about uber mobily of thief.This is myth in present days that was true in maybe 2014.Today there are many classes more mobile than thief: Engineer, Warrior, Ranger, Mesmer, Elementalist.AND ATTENTION! They do damage when thief should make choice between mobility or damage.

The advantage that thief has is stealth. But not only thief has stealth!Moreover, many classes can detect you in stealth:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revealed

So, create topic "Please delete thief class" and I hope ANet will totally nerf thief becauseI've wanted to start playing for a long time ranger/engineer.

A bit salty' ain't we?

Nah not true about them classes being "more". Engie/holo, ranger can be built to be highly mobile but that requires certain builds and set ups, thief will 90% of the time have short bow steal and shadow step.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@"VICBEAR.1529" said:This is what I want to show crying boys. None of them do not play thief because in this role they can not kill anyone.This is reason why they play One-shot Ranger, One-dot Revinant, One-Whirl Warrior etc.

The advantage that thief has is stealth. But not only thief has stealth!Moreover, many classes can detect you in stealth:

A bit salty' ain't we?

Nah not true about them classes being "more". Engie/holo, ranger can be built to be highly mobile but that requires certain builds and set ups, thief will 90% of the time have short bow steal and shadow step.

And what?!Play thief and show us how it is easy.I am waiting for video.

Moreover, I agree to remove the short bow from thief. But I bet you will whine anyway.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

The advantage that thief has is stealth. But not only thief has stealth!Moreover, many classes can detect you in stealth:

A bit salty' ain't we?

Thief also has sb and shs 90% of the time because it is forced to do so.

@VICBEAR.1529 said:

@VICBEAR.1529 said:This is what I want to show crying boys. None of them do not play thief because in this role they can not kill anyone.This is reason why they play One-shot Ranger, One-dot Revinant, One-Whirl Warrior etc.

A bit salty' ain't we?

And what?!Play thief and show us how it is easy.I am waiting for video.

Moreover, I agree to remove the short bow from thief. But I bet you will whine anyway.

I have 8k hours dude, I have nothing to prove. and who said it was easy?

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

A bit salty' ain't we?

I'm sure more thieves would like to put shortbow away and slot something other than Shadowstep but that's as much of a choice as those other classes having to build into mobility. People who claim only toxic players play thief for those one or two builds is the real salt if you want to go there. Most people play thief for the tactile feel of the class in general and get funneled into builds and kits out of necessity until they progress enough to stretch a bit.

Yeah!

@kash.9213 you are totally right!I play thief because I like this style even I can not kill anyone.

Common player will not play thief because it is not easy.And some people think that fun is only to kill someone but it is not always so.

However, rare thieves can be really dangerous because they spent a lot of his life to research his class.But we can tell the same about any class. You will be god even playing Dolyak after getting callus on your a$$.

In addition, WvW is not 1vs1 game. Make team with classes that have revealed skill and noone thief can not escape.But easier is to make topic on the forum how thief got away. You did not kill thief but thief also did not kill you.What's wrong? This is parity.

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, Svarty.8019 said:

Sounds like a decent suggestion, but it's a shame they're so useless!

I was kidding, but change your ground targeting to ""Fast with Range Indicator" if you want to use painters.

Also zoom your camera further out.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

1 minute ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I was kidding, but change your ground targeting to ""Fast with Range Indicator" if you want to use painters.

Also zoom your camera further out.

Nope. I'll just stay in my tower/keep, instead, but thanks for the... useful?-ish suggestions. 

• Sad 1