What do you buy with Black Lion Statuettes?

I was saving them for either exalted shoulders or storm dagger, so I had to blow my whole stack with this current chest. I've only bought keys once or twice, a few times got some as a gift from a friend, rest are from weekly farming, map completion and eventually getting bonus statuettes from chests.

Occasionally I get primers to use on WvW but they drop pretty regularly from chests too.

Sadly, nothing at the moment as I'm still here with 100 of them waiting for the Fallen Balthazar outfit to be available again since I didn't have the needed amount of statues last time it was available. However I don't use them as much to be honest. I once bought a golden black lion key when the shrine guardian jackal skin was released in hope to get it from a chest. I regretted that decision as the gold key only gave me garbage and I could have very well just bought the outfit instead. I don't know what the next thing will be I'd buy. Maybe makeover kits or the starborn outfit (once it's available for the statue purchase) since I had no luck with chests this time. Or maybe, if they make it available for purchase through statues, the gallant lightbearer "raptor" skin. (which I doubt they'll add since they never added mount skins from chests there)

• 1 year later...

The by far most (and perhaps only) useful thing are the unbreakable gathering tools. They save you 1000 gems each, whereas home nodes are at best 400 gems each, despite more than double the statuette price.

If skins and consumable primers was the only option, then yea, I'd happily hoard statuettes as well :tongue:

Really good skins, when they are on offer. Often after a skin is in a black lion chest it will come to the statuettes a while later, sometimes i get that if i missed out on something, so it's like a backup if i have bad chest rng and don't feel like spending. If i just cant resist something and havent seen it offered for a while i also might grab it if i have statuettes.