[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

TLDR: Buff the LFG and add a queue to it.

One constant that I've seen over the years with MMO's is the casual/hardcore/elitist banter that ensues over endgame/group content. Developers (and the elitists) always look at it as if it's an issue with skill or commitment, when in truth it's just a simple social problem. If you fix that, you will have people FLOODING the content. Ya'll forgive me for not educating myself over the 60 pages of suggestions already and I'm assuming that more than a few people have suggested this already but

1) Enhance the LFG tool and2) Avoid tailoring high end content around rigid, player-driven, meta game, theory crafting, cookie cutting. FULL DISCLAIMER: I don't actually know if the endgame is tailored this way. I won't suffer the player toxicity to validate it. My son says it is.

My son (I'm an old gamer...like 38 years of gaming if you count Pong lol) leveled up through the game with me and his siblings and we ran all of the 5 man content. He eventually branched off into raiding and initially he didn't understand why I didn't raid with him. I explained it and told him he'd understand it completely and sooner rather than later. It didn't take long. lol He started keeping an elitist log and he took screenshots of his encounters with all the wonderful people that he met. Like these guys (his chat and someone @'ing him red):

KR3HDip.png

They completed the raid BTW and he finished top DPS.

So yeah, he's casual and he gasp raids. I'm super casual and I taught that boy everything there is to know about games. "Casual" doesn't mean we don't take the game seriously or that we want EZ mode phat L00TZ. It means just that we want to play the game without mandatory, auxiliary, player-driven hoopla. Casual gamers want to play the game WHEN they want to play it and HOW they want to play it. The irony here is that this was your original pitch to us when you launched the game 8 years ago. "Play your way" and "This is YOUR story" and "No more waiting for eons LF Heals".

The simple solution is to understand that there are different personality types that play the game - and not all of these types have the time or patience to play the game one static way or the other. You should leverage the LFG tool to pool people together based upon their preferred play style and temperament. My suggestion is to add a queue to the LFG and create a automated matchmaking system based upon gear, experience, and options for desired group profile.

LFG Group preference options:

• Meta tolerance - strict, moderate, none (casual)
  • Skill tolerance - expert, advanced, beginner, N/A (doesn't matter)
  • Failure tolerance - Low/None, medium, high
  • Speed - Quick run, full clear, as requested/needed

LFG Social options:

• Looking Training/Mentor
  • Willing to train/mentor
  • Looking for guild
  • Recruiting for guild
  • Role Playing

Dungeon options (with applicable rewards):Story Mode, Heroic Mode, Insane Mode

You can see how some of those preferences will likely make a bad mix or the how the right combination might introduce players to people they would otherwise have never met. Instead of...well...whatever you're doing to force players to find these niche, minmax group/skill/stat combos... If you balance the PVE game around build diversity and the idea that you can play your class, with the weapon/skill/rotation combos intended for how the class is designed, this system would work. Is this so hard? As it were, the only place that you can play how you want is in the open world, solo content, and 5 man - which is why people keep asking for that stuff.

You also know that there are a lot of introverts on the interwebs right? Many of these people are gamers. So what do you get when you cross the anonymity offered by the internet with the escape from reality that an RPG provides? You get the perfect place for people who want to chill and avoid drama. lol

It's not the difficulty that drives people away from the content, it's the people

Hey! I've got a suggestion that would make the life of fashion wars players such as myself a little better in gw2.

The Mystic Chromatic Ooze which is an achievement item for the collection of precursor weapon The Colossus is very often used by communities that focus on fashion wars.The main issue is that this effect only lasts 5 minutes.My suggestion is that you either make it last 1h or permanent until double clicked again or teleporting to new location. This is a minor quality of life change but me including many others would appreciate this a lot! :)

Kind regards.Fashion folks

-Ability to disable cosmetic effects of Legendary TrinketsBackpacks have that checkbox option to disable it's model and cosmetic effect, why other items in same panel doesn't have it?- Hotkey to show\hide HelmetWe can use checkbox to show\hide Helmet skins on our characters, but for that we need to open character window and uncheck it, hotkeys will be easier to perform helmet removal. But even more interesting will be to add setting similar to GW1 together with hide\show hotkey. For Example, it can be setting in options like:Hide Helmet SKin:NeverIn Non-Contested Zones ( Capital Cities, Sanctuaries, etc )AlwaysThis setting will work only if Helmet's skin checkbox is set in character's sheet.-Item information of how many units of same item we have in inventoryWhen we hover over an item in loot scroll section, we are able to see how many of that item we have in bank and storage. Elder wood, Mithril, Iron Ore, etc. But we unable to see how many of it we have in bags of current character.

Coming from other MMOs the target frame in gw2 is very frustrating. I understand that there's "autotargeting" and such, but sometimes I want the target to just stay there forever until I kill it while also retaining the autotargeting functionality. So I guess if I don't have any hostile target then the autotargeting function would determine my target, and then after I lock into it (or if I had it to begin with) it would never switch away from it.I've tried all combinations of settings and could never achieve this. With the current setup (autotarg on, promote on, skill retarg off) I don't see what I'm hitting half off the time. I've been missing defiance bar constantly because of that, but also I've been often sending my offhand phantasms (mesmer) to a target somewhere far away from what I'm currently hitting because I targeted that mob accidentally, which is very frustrating.Also what adds to the frustration is "remove target" being bound to M1, which isn't the case in most other MMOs, so I never had the muscle memory to stop myself from accidentally clicking on the ground sometime, but in gw2 it makes me lose my target frame.

I think if I try to boil it down to a single sentence, my QoL suggestion would be: add an option to remove the "untarget" functionality from M1

The problems I was facing many times is that:1: If I use a cultural armor skin on an ascended armor, other character with different race cant wear it.2: (connecting 50% to the first one) Two character with the same armor set cant have different styles, only using outfits, wich takes away the option for creativity.

Solution/sugession:1: If an account has the cultural armor of the same type and tier unlocked in the wardrobe (f.e. Human heavy T3 & Norn heavy T3), make the armor with cultural armor skin equipable for other race, just switch the skin to the equivalent counterpart of that races cultural armor. Keeping the system corrent, applying a cultural armor skin should cost more tm charges (something around 5/armor applycation).2: As we have build template storage, we should have custom outfit storage. We could save a complete armor set as outfit, modify if (for a price of 10 charges/piece). That would cost 60 charges to create one, modifying it 10/piece (armor type restriction and race restriction on cultural skins). Basicly everyone would get 1 slot for free and could be expanded via gem store (just like build templates). This could solve both problem, so if I have a Human in full T3 heavy, i could give the armorset to a Norn and apply its cultural as outfit. Players get options for creativity, ANet get option for one more gem store item to sell.

I never thought about it in GW2, but it could not be that hard to add. Ultima Online is an antique game and it has had hotbars for years. Add as many hotbars as you want, put up to 12 slots on each bar. In each slot you put pretty much anything you want. Skills, spells, macro, item, mount, whatever. If it is an skill/macro/item (like a consumable) it gets used when you click it. If it is just an item, like bandages, you can click to use it, or just monitor how much you have. Extremely useful bar.

I have never tried... but can you keybind a consumable? Make a macro out it? I do not bother with food in this game, so I do not know.

@"Infusion.7149" said:It's because they were not intended to replace CC skills. That was what was mentioned in their "guild chat" stream at least.

That really makes sense considering how they actively introduce special action skills which effectively replace cc skills and require less effort. Was it in the latest guild chat ? Wanna check it.1o4Yzn3.png

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:Why does this need to be a thing? It'd be understandable if this game used things like health and energy potions, but with the way consumables work in this game with effects (mostly) lasting half an hour or longer seems to make dedicated slots not worth the time and effort for the devs.

Same can be said for novelty slot yet they still add it anyway, and most people keep lots of stuff in their inventory, easier for one click to refresh durationAlso it may have long duration but time flies when you engage in activities.Seriously! they waste their time and efforts for a novelty slot but not for consumables? ESO prioritize that over trivial stuffs

@Ultramex.1506 said:

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:Why does this need to be a thing? It'd be understandable if this game used things like health and energy potions, but with the way consumables work in this game with effects (mostly) lasting half an hour or longer seems to make dedicated slots not worth the time and effort for the devs.

Same can be said for novelty slot yet they still add it anyway, and most people keep lots of stuff in their inventory, easier for one click to refresh durationAlso it may have long duration but time flies when you engage in activities.Seriously! they waste their time and efforts for a novelty slot but not for consumables? ESO prioritize that over trivial stuffs

Well the novelty system came because of the large number of item slots these were all taking and it was highly requested for this reason. There were other reasons but this was the primary reason in the threads requesting it. Similar to how space is the primary reason that people are asking for a library although I'm sure you could come up with some minor reasons to also do it. This paints it in a completely different situation than consumables.

@Kondor.2904 said:

@"Infusion.7149" said:It's because they were not intended to replace CC skills. That was what was mentioned in their "guild chat" stream at least.

That really makes sense considering how they actively introduce special action skills which effectively replace cc skills and require less effort. Was it in the latest guild chat ? Wanna check it.

It's also on the actual patchnote dated October 27, 2020.The existence of consumables that equip players with high control skills creates an unintended play pattern involving combat with the inventory panel open. It's our goal that encounters with substantial defiance bars be addressed by build changes rather than reliance on consumables, and for this reason we are disabling several items in dungeon and fractal content.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/117145/game-update-notes-october-27-2020#latest