World Linking 1/29/2021

Cal Cohen.2358

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulation Anet... Gandara is dead again. No PPL on the server. In T3... What you mean>? If you doing every 2nd relink this, that will be good for the server? Than Why are you not opening for other ones? Or making less server (merge them if not clear), and lets play them for fun. Not like this. A few of us running around, and every corner a zerg waiting for us...

@scerevisiae.1972 said:I'm pretty sure this is just about maximising server transfer income now.

When was the last substantive improvement to WVW?September 2014 (debatable if it was a substantive improvement, but the ambition surely was for it to be that and they did deliver, on EotM; considering re-linking was announced as a temporary fix already at inception, I don't count it; Stronghold wasn't in WvW and Warclaw wasn't really for us; the GHA could count as a substantive improvement for WvW but wasn't intended as such, so that is also a grey area but would make the date october 2015 or smth, right?)When was the last substantive balance patch?February 2020 (with some people claiming an intended cadence of 4-6 weeks, that would have amounted to 8-10 passes of which we got 3-4 afaik)

Whatever person or system that thought up this ET/DH link is on something for sure. Both servers are dead, but guessing ET must be slightly less dead than DH to be the host. I'm assuming this is an automated gaffe, as DH was a host server and 'very high' and ET was a link to BG so of course would also be 'very high'.

Now ET will transfer to CD and DH will stop playing for 2 months...

@"Gotejjeken.1267" said:Whatever person or system that thought up this ET/DH link is on something for sure. Both servers are dead, but guessing ET must be slightly less dead than DH to be the host. I'm assuming this is an automated gaffe, as DH was a host server and 'very high' and ET was a link to BG so of course would also be 'very high'.

Now ET will transfer to CD and DH will stop playing for 2 months...

Looking at the figures for population history, it might not be that bad.dHMgza5.png

I know we've had a couple of guilds join us during that period who will be staying on ET, as well as some of us finally being able to get friends/guildies transferring across again now we're not Full and most people are properly back after Christmas breaks. I agree that the pug bandwagon will move on as it always does and our population will drop some, but I didn't hear of any actual guilds that moved to ET during the BG link just to bandwagon. It was a really ill-thought-out move to make ET a host though, I'll give you that. Hopefully we can make the best of it and use it as a chance to grow as a server.

Congratulations once again on the mismatch for EU, The same top T1 every week last round, Piken linked with Dzagonur (Ex WSR and BB mostly) gets relinked with, you guessed it WSR which has the highest population of bandwagoners. I have friends on all 3 of those servers, so nothing against the players themselves, but I am sure you are very aware of where those gems come from. (Is this really the system choosing the relinks, just asking). Reality is WvW is becoming emptier and emptier, and 5 to 10 people defending a 50 man blob pip farming PPT mentality people, where no skill required, broken builds, red circles everywhere, impossible to defend, sound like a fun game? Gandara (you really love them) no link again, BB never have had a link, and their population has also fallen. So for me, dailies, 5 to 10 mins, can mixup some pve and wvw, then, byeeeee!

I dont think you understand the emotional impact games have on people's lives especial during lock-down and this pandemic.By keeping server without a link and bringing them to the ground it has a big impact on people.
I know that this pandemic forced more people spend more time on games so you, Arenanet, should do your best to support communities, not tearing the apart.
Everyone needs support during this time.

@"Asrais.1205" said:I dont think you understand the emotional impact games have on people's lives especial during lock-down and this pandemic.By keeping server without a link and bringing them to the ground it has a big impact on people.

I know that this pandemic forced more people spend more time on games so you, Arenanet, should do your best to support communities, not tearing the apart.

Everyone needs support during this time.

They kind of showed they didn't care about tearing communities apart ever since they started messing with WvW and the world linking process. So many of us were against it, while others thought the world linking was going to be temporary like they initially stated. They abandoned their one game mode that made them unique from other games (for what reason? Idk), then when they came back to it, they just flipped the tables and said "we fixed it!" and now here we are.

So yeah, not sure if negotiating with their conscience or care for the community will get us anywhere.

@MoonT.6845 said:The majority of Gandara has actually stopped playing this week. If it's no fun ANet nobody will play. Happens to every server you deny a link to. Who wants to play a game where all you are doing is recapping paper towers and getting blobbed all day?

Cam confirm. All day permaoutnumbered. All maps. No comms. Seems like it will be loke this for the next 2 months...

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@MoonT.6845 said:Happens to every server you deny a link to.

Incorrect factually.

Not wanting to play is one thing.

Claiming that it happens to every unlinked server is factually inaccurate.

Looks like SFR is also boycotting just like Gandara. Baruch Bay are just the weirdest server, since they have a disproportionately high night participation and control the game for 8 hours at night when they significantly outnumber everyone and can just easily push whoever is winning into 3rd.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Incorrect factually.

Purely observation, all unlinked servers with the exception of BB ( that have a strange population cap) end up tier 5 or 4 if lucky. Would be interesting to see these statistics that prove my observations are incorrect. Where do I find this factual information?

@Karagee.6830 said:

Incorrect factually.

Looks like SFR is also boycotting just like Gandara. Baruch Bay are just the weirdest server, since they have a disproportionately high night participation and control the game for 8 hours at night when they significantly outnumber everyone and can just easily push whoever is winning into 3rd.

This has been one of the most boring post relink matchups, even if it is T1 with one server who doesn't belong here.

Some of their guilds have raided this week at least, so it hasn't been completely dead. All it might do is drop their population to very high though. BB will never go full though and some others like FSP and Dzagonur opened.

On Deso we didn't boycott, because we only have one community guild running closed for two hours and sometimes a few hours open 2-3 times a week.

At night it is just randoms from both link and host; who ktrains at night, only when there's no resistance.

Links have almost killed the community we once had, especially last year.

At time of writing this message many servers are open-again.(including the servers my own server Gandara is against this week and servers we will have as opponents next week).But Gandara is locked once again,once again has no link and falsely labelled once again full.Why?(of course I expect no answer from Anet).And no, server is not full at all,at best is medium to high-everyone who play on it knows very well including Anet.The simple fact so many servers are open speak volumes for the sorry state of world versus world thx to systemic lack of something called content.And another why(of course once again with no answer from Anet for so long).Why tier 5 in EU still exist when was removed from NA so long ago?Everyone is fully aware of the fact there are not enough people playing world versus world to justify existence of 5 tiers in EU.