easy raid dps?

@"Sobx.1758" said:https://snowcrows.com/raids/

Click on classes, check their builds, read the rotations and pick something ;)

i did but its doesn't say what skill need to sync what skills etc. for ex it said holosmith is easy, but apparently there is alot heat management etc, snowcrow doesn't mention it. the only one so far seem to be easiers is dd

@weaponwh.9810 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:

i did but its doesn't say what skill need to sync what skills etc. for ex it said holosmith is easy, but apparently there is alot heat management etc, snowcrow doesn't mention it. the only one so far seem to be easiers is dd

clearly you dident read mate scroll further down and you see this.

Preheat to 75Big Ol' Bomb

Fire BombShrapnel Grenade

Grenade BarrageEngage Photon ForgeCorona Burst

Photon BlitzOverheatLaser DiskPrime Light BeamLoopJump Shot

BlunderbussShrapnel GrenadeFire Bomb

BombuntilFire Bombis on a four second CooldownShrapnel Grenade

Poison Grenade

Freeze GrenadeBombx 4BlunderbussShrapnel GrenadeFire Bomb

BombuntilEngage Photon Forgeis ready.Engage Photon ForgeCorona Burst

Photon BlitzLight Strike

Bright Slash

Flash Cutterx 3Corona BurstDeactivate Photon ForgeBlunderbussFire BombShrapnel GrenadeEngage Photon ForgeLight Strike

Bright Slash

Flash Cutterx 2Corona Burst

Photon BlitzOverheat

https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/engineer/holosmith/power/

Apparently you cant copy the whole thing its about half way down the webpage.

@weaponwh.9810 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:

The thing with the heat management is written in the fourth introductary sentence for that build...

! Power Holosmith is a bursty class that can also provide permanent Vulnerability due to Steel-Packed Powder .!! This class scales heavily with the amount of conditions applied to the boss and also the duration of the fight.!! Power Holosmith is fairly beginner friendly due to it's simple rotation. Mastery of this build will take considerable time due to management of the Overheat mechanic.!! Source: https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/engineer/holosmith/power/

@Morokey.8534 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:

Good advice, just be another sheep in the herd..

That's not what I've meant at all. But he's asking about rotations, so according to your point of view, the only correct answer here is: make your own build, test every rotation you can come up with and check what's optimal and easy. Sorry, but that would make no sense and neither does your "smart anti-sheep" answer.

On the other hand, your answer in this thread achieved... what exactly?

• Confused 1

There is a way to make all professions easy to play, and the first step is key binding.My key binding set up is as follows:1,2,3,4,5 for the left skill barG,Q,E,R, Tab for the right skill bar (utility and elite)F1, F2, F3, F4 for the top skill barZ for special actionThe easiest professions I play right now are power staff daredevil and dragonhunter but key binding is required in order to optimize your rotation.You can key bind your novelty items using the Shift+(number 1 to 5) as an optionAfter key binding everything as I did you can play any piano build as well and use the right mouse click to strafe left and right using A and D, you have to get used to it.Good luck

Touchme

@"Sobx.1758" said:https://snowcrows.com/raids/

Usually the description on snowcrows site does not answer OPs question. How easy the rotation is is sometimes mentioned, but usually it isn't, there's also no comparison of "easiness" of different rotations anywhere there.Hint: you can't just look at the number of steps the rotation has, there's a lot of other factors to consider as well, and snowcrows site is not exactly all that helpful in that regard (mostly because it's not something they concern themselves with).

@"Sobx.1758" said:That's not what I've meant at all. But he's asking about rotations, so according to your point of view, the only correct answer here is: make your own build, test every rotation you can come up with and check what's optimal and easy. Sorry, but that would make no sense and neither does your "smart anti-sheep" answer.But that was exactly what your answer was, because your 'suggestion" was just a different way of saying "find that out on your own". In truth it wasn't any better that the "anti-sheep" one at all.

@"weaponwh.9810" If you want to go truly easy, while still having decent dps, i'd suggest condi shortbow soulbeast. It's whole rotation can be easily reduced to "spam all skills off cooldown, remember to attack from flank or behind". And it's ranged, which helps in some encounters. And since it is using shortbow, it has no autoattack chain you have to keep track of (in many builds breaking the aa chain - an issue a lot of players have to deal with - can be responsible for massive dps loss, so not having to worry about it is always a bonus)As far as power dps build goes, i'd probably go with power DH. I'm not sure if it's really the easiest one around, but it's easy enough for a decent dps level, and has a lot of other useful utility available.

@"weaponwh.9810" said:just curious between power soulbeast, dh, holo and other class which one have easier dps rotation, but also get good dps scores?.

Dragonhunter has a simple rotation, although it might look complicated on paper (many steps), in reality it's very simplistic once you realize where all those skills are coming from. Furthermore, you don't have to follow the rotation exactly to reach good dps, just remember to have Spear of Justice combined with either of your Symbols (Wrath or Punishment) when you unleash your traps+Whirling Wrath for maximum damage

Condition Soulbeast is another one with an easy rotation if you go Shortbow/Shortbow, or the old Shortbow/Dagger+Torch are both easy to play, the first is spam on cooldown, the second can be a bit more complicated but still very easy to use.

Power Holosmith looks complicated, but it's not really complicated. If you check the rotation it's all about using all the good skills from grenate/bomb/photon forge and repeat. You can ignore the parts about "waiting and spamming bomb" until one or another skill is ready, it won't lower the dps by any significant amount. Get the rest of the rotation ready (which isn't hard) and once you do that you can start mastering that waiting part.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:

Usually the description on snowcrows site does
not
answer OPs question. How easy the rotation is is sometimes mentioned, but usually it isn't, there's also no comparison of "easiness" of different rotations anywhere there.Hint: you can't just look at the number of steps the rotation has, there's a lot of other factors to consider as well, and snowcrows site is not exactly all that helpful in that regard (mostly because it's not something they concern themselves with).

Pretty sure it is pretty helpful at that, read the descriptions and the rotation. See how many steps there are and what is mentioned about those rotations/builds in the descriptions (not only on the top of the site, but also on the right side of the rotations). There are some that just mention "prioritize x skills before y skills, always try using this skill before that OR that" (afair, that's an example from rangers condi rotation) and that's your "rotation". If that's not a direct hint at rotation being easy to memorize simply by looking what's "off cd right now" then I don't know what is. You even mention that you can see how many steps there are in the rotation but still claim the site isn't that helpful with figuring out what's easier? Yes, it is, the player just needs to understand what they read. Seems pretty easy.

@"Sobx.1758" said:That's not what I've meant at all. But he's asking about rotations, so according to your point of view, the only correct answer here is: make your own build, test every rotation you can come up with and check what's optimal and easy. Sorry, but that would make no sense and neither does your "smart anti-sheep" answer.But that was exactly what
your
answer was, because your 'suggestion" was just a different way of saying "find that out on your own". In truth it wasn't any better that the "anti-sheep" one at all.

No, it wasn't. I wasn't trying to tell OP what he needs to play. But he's asking about the builds, I'm not going to do the legwork for him, especially when someone (linked site) already did that for all of us. Meanwhile "the sheep guy" answered with what? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.If you think morokey's answer ("woah, using someone's build, sheep!") was the equivalent of me delivering a site with builds with literal list of their rotation then LOL, what are you even trying to argue here? :D

e: oh look, you even mention sb build with literally what is written on the site I've linked to. Snowcrows SO not helpful in regards of figuring out easy rotations!Hilarious how you disprove your own claim in the very same post.

• Confused 1

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:e: oh look, you even mention sb build with literally what is written on the site I've linked to.Oh, is shortbow build back on the site? Last time i checked it wasn't there anymore.

It wasn't pure sb, but it was the consensus in the description. The point was (and still is): yes, that site is pretty useful for determining which build is easier to play by yourself.

Looked it up now, and i don't see it, the only condi soulbeast build i see is the Dagger+torch/Axe+dagger one.

Whatever the build is currently featured there, what I wrote is still true with literal "use x off cd after y" in its description. Which makes it extremely easy to memorize the ""rotation"". I'm not sure, do you understand the point I was making there or...? (and still make, because it remained true)

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

Usually the description on snowcrows site does
not
answer OPs question. How easy the rotation is is sometimes mentioned, but usually it isn't, there's also no comparison of "easiness" of different rotations anywhere there.Hint: you can't just look at the number of steps the rotation has, there's a lot of other factors to consider as well, and snowcrows site is not exactly all that helpful in that regard (mostly because it's not something they concern themselves with).

Pretty sure it is pretty helpful at that, read the descriptions and the rotation. See how many steps there are and what is mentioned about those rotations/builds in the descriptions (not only on the top of the site, but also on the right side of the rotations). There are some that just mention "
prioritize x skills before y skills, always try using this skill before that OR that
" (afair, that's an example from rangers condi rotation) and that's your "rotation". If that's not a direct hint at rotation being easy to memorize simply by looking what's "off cd right now" then I don't know what is. You even mention that you can see how many steps there are in the rotation but still claim the site isn't that helpful with figuring out what's easier? Yes, it is, the player just needs to understand what they read. Seems pretty easy.

@Sobx.1758 said:That's not what I've meant at all. But he's asking about rotations, so according to your point of view, the only correct answer here is: make your own build, test every rotation you can come up with and check what's optimal and easy. Sorry, but that would make no sense and neither does your "smart anti-sheep" answer.But that was exactly what
your
answer was, because your 'suggestion" was just a different way of saying "find that out on your own". In truth it wasn't any better that the "anti-sheep" one at all.

No, it wasn't. I wasn't trying to tell OP what he
needs
to play. But he's asking about the builds, I'm not going to do the legwork for him, especially when someone (linked site) already did that for all of us. Meanwhile "the sheep guy" answered with what? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.If you think morokey's answer ("woah, using someone's build, sheep!") was the equivalent of me delivering a site with builds with literal list of their rotation then LOL, what are you even trying to argue here? :D

e: oh look, you even mention sb build with literally what is written on the site I've linked to. Snowcrows SO not helpful in regards of figuring out easy rotations!Hilarious how you disprove your own claim in the very same post.

i read plently snowcrow build, but i can't level up every class, then equip gear to try it out. it shows rotation, but without actually understand detail and ideas behind those rotation its hard to grasp the complexity. for example holosmith, it has alot rotation steps, when i look at rotation on youtube, its seem very hard, yet snowcrow says its easy/beginner friendly.also it doesn't mention why those rotation work. for example LB soulbeast require sync sick'em with its high dmg skill and twice as vicious, while snowcrow give the rotation, but it didn't explain idea behind it. but rotation seem easier than holo, yet snowcrow rated harder than holo. same with DD snowcrow says its harder than holo, yet i find it fairly easy.

so for me trying out new class, then mess up the rotation, i'm not sure how to recover without understanding which skill supplement each other. hence i'm seeking farther detail from player who have these class. i'm very interest in holo, just not sure its really a beginner friendly class as indicated on snowcrow or not.

@weaponwh.9810 said:just curious between power soulbeast, dh, holo and other class which one have easier dps rotation, but also get good dps scores?.

Tbh, there's not really alot of simple builds published out there. A non trivial amount of your DPS as condi mirage comes from 100% clone uptime, but I'll warn you, you won't get to what I consider the minimum (20k) required without learning the rotation, it just gives you a floor and your clones don't give you the most powerful portion of your condi damage: torment and confusion. Also the SC rotation leaves out that clone positioning matters during ambush if you want your axes to all hit the boss, which is crucial.

@Cuks.8241 said:Rotations might seem complex when put on paper but are often quite logical and intuitive if you know the class well. That is why it is also important that you like the class and play it often.

I disagree with this. I feel like I can give it my all and understand the rotation but I'm still far below benchmark. And empirically I know I'm not the only one. There are lots of people who do get close to benchmark, but I don't even think they're half of people that regularly do high-end PVE.

@Cuks.8241 said:Rotations might seem complex when put on paper but are often quite logical and intuitive if you know the class well.The opposite can also be true. A rotation that looks simple on paper might turn out to be way more complex in practice.

In fact, those things are not mutually exclusive - a rotation can be both logical and intuitive, while at the same time being very complex and hard to execute properly.

Note that the difference between "spam all damaging skills off cooldown" and "piano rotation with 20-30 steps" is only a small margin for many classes. Most of your DPS comes from gear like runes/sigils, build (especially %damage bonuses, and pay attention to when they apply), food, boons and avoiding wasteful actions like using CC when bar is broken or using non-damaging skills for no reason.

Try to understand these basic concepts before you even think of trying to master rotations. The reason I say this is because you can do good DPS on a bad build with a good rotation. Which is useful if your build is intentionally gimped, but can also hinder build optimisation. The build itself needs to be perfected and mastered before you can take it to its full potential.

Just intuitive knowledge of the game, your class and your build should give you 10k passive DPS without any effort. If you're not reaching this point then you should spend some time working on those things before taking it further.

That said Ranger is always going to have the easiest rotations, due to its class design, while Thief rotations are reasonable.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:

Poison Grenade

Photon BlitzLight Strike

Bright Slash

Flash Cutterx 3Corona BurstDeactivate Photon ForgeBlunderbussFire BombShrapnel GrenadeEngage Photon ForgeLight Strike

Bright Slash

Photon BlitzOverheat

yes your entire mess up there clearly qualifies as 'easy'.

@Dixa.6017 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:

Poison Grenade

Photon BlitzLight Strike

Bright Slash

Bright Slash

Photon BlitzOverheat

Its quite easy to click a link and scroll half down the page but let me make it even easier.

EYQpug4.png

Editmy mess up of copying and pasting from the home page directly and not having time to go print screen, paint cut the image then over to imgur to upload and get it to work on forum.Have no say over how easy or hard something is.

linking my source and were on that page the thing I tried to copy was, should be enough guideance for someone to find the information right?

There is also an indication in snowcrows website of difficulty of the class on right side under "How hard is this to learn?" and "How hard is this to master?" there is usually an explication too why a build is difficult etc... For holo I quote Snowcrows: "Power Holosmith is fairly beginner friendly due to it's simple rotation. Mastery of this build will take considerable time due to management of the Overheat mechanic."You can start as a dps player with holo no problem. If you really need an extremely easy class to play but do mediocre dps, here you go with this power reaper build, I don't know anything easier than that...maybe warrior:

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:

Poison Grenade

Photon BlitzLight Strike

Bright Slash

Bright Slash

Photon BlitzOverheat

Its quite easy to click a link and scroll half down the page but let me make it even easier.

EYQpug4.png

Editmy mess up of copying and pasting from the home page directly and not having time to go print screen, paint cut the image then over to imgur to upload and get it to work on forum.Have no say over how easy or hard something is.

linking my source and were on that page the thing I tried to copy was, should be enough guideance for someone to find the information right?

that is still a mess. An obscenely long "rotation" or "loop" as many of you incorrectly call these things that is neither beginner friendly nor accessible to the masses.

you turn the game from a game into work, sometimes harder than many peoples' jobs. not as many people want to learn to play the piano or guitar in order to enjoy a game as you may think. hence the rise of the soulbeast.