Nerf Mesmer pull

Nimon.7840

Use your braincells, get off the walls, really? So why have walls. Why have siege you cant use. Why even defend. I was standing under the supply hut at Bravo and was pulled to the gate where I was scattered, smothered, and covered. The latest in many pulls including being put on the dome at KG. So what braincell and what part of the wall is going to help me there you learn to play pushers. Really helpful as folks head to the exits of WVW. I have been pushing for a No Walls Week since beta, but then I doubt anyone would notice them gone.

• 1 month later...

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Get off the wall?

After the 6th or 7th pull, one would kinda understand not to keep repeating the same mistake, but expecting different results after the 50th, well...

Nobody really expects much else when they're on the actual wall, it's when you get yoinked from halfway down the stairs and pulled into the sky or off the edge that makes no sense. It's buggy af, like most pulls.

SPOILER ALERTMesmer focus now pulls the whole population of EBG, warps and becomes a blackhole that eventually destroys the rest of Tyria.

Thank you for a hearty laugh.

@Kencu.5846 said:The problem is not mesmer pull. The problem is the walls. Crenellations like those make no sense. Devs should reconstruct the walls which protect those on top of them better.

They are not pulling people off the wall, its fair play if I stand on the wall and gets pull, It's not when I get pull out of a tower while standing on the supply hut inside structures. Sometime I get pull out of the structure even when standing behind the wall half way up the staircase.

I dont mind the pull to the edge of the wall, but when you on the back wall manning siege, and you get pulled off the siege and over the wall, something's wrong. Unfortunately everything these days is Condi, so you pulled into 50 wells on the ground or top of the wall and cannot recover. The game has taken the route of its useless to defend, easier to attack, so when you are few people on a server against a bigger group, the attackers have the advantage, not because they bigger, its just impossible to have much affect on an AC these day so when 1 person manning siege gets pulled over, and has to run back it makes a very big difference. This is also true when you trying to save the Lord, and get pulled into the middle of the group, from across the room. I think game has taken a bad turn, every little thing has become highlighted due to the frustration of the players. Surely WvW is capture and hold against the enemy, and the defenders should get an advantage, after all, thats why castles were built to protect those inside. Seems its easier to attack, than defend, still makes no sense to me.

@MarkBecks.6453 said:. Seems its easier to attack, than defend, still makes no sense to me.

Given equal numbers, it still IS easier to defend.

But that would mean actually engaging the enemy.. Not staying on the wall

Given a significant difference in numbers (25% or more) then the larger group has the advantage. And should. But even then, between respawns, and buffs for the structure, it’s takes quite a bit to tip the scales to an attacker.

Into the Void is not the only pull that is overly obnoxious . Hunter's Verdict is just as bad . And people that defend these 2 skills should remember that prior to April 19, 2016 Path of Scars was also considered over powered and look what happened to it . It's so severely dysfunctional now it's nearly impossible to do a pull . Sure it has a range of 1200 but it's a single pull of 450 with pathetic damage and requires to much extra key binding to even have a small chance to work . A 1200 pull with Hunter's Verdict is ridiculous with no evade and no block with up to 5 targets. To many targets with to far a distance . Into the Void area of effect is to large and effects to many people for a skill that requires no line of site . Non of the pulls from other classes are any where near as over powered as both Hunter's Verdict and Into the Void . Both need to be toned down .

@Mokk.2397 said:Into the Void is not the only pull that is overly obnoxious . Hunter's Verdict is just as bad . And people that defend these 2 skills should remember that prior to April 19, 2016 Path of Scars was also considered over powered and look what happened to it . It's so severely dysfunctional now it's nearly impossible to do a pull . Sure it has a range of 1200 but it's a single pull of 450 with pathetic damage and requires to much extra key binding to even have a small chance to work . A 1200 pull with Hunter's Verdict is ridiculous with no evade and no block with up to 5 targets. To many targets with to far a distance . Into the Void area of effect is to large and effects to many people for a skill that requires no line of site . Non of the pulls from other classes are any where near as over powered as both Hunter's Verdict and Into the Void . Both need to be toned down .Void targets 5 over 600u and it pulls them towards the center. There’s even an activation delay before pulling. This was changed many years ago as it used to be instant.

It’s apparent people don’t know what they’re talking about or have any situational awareness in this game. They still want Godmode activated but if they get outplayed, will come to the forums and cry asking for nerfs. This and like many others are nothing but l2p issues.

@phokus.8934 said:.Void targets 5 over 600u and it pulls them towards the center. There’s even an activation delay before pulling. This was changed many years ago as it used to be instant.

It’s apparent people don’t know what they’re talking about or have any situational awareness in this game. They still want Godmode activated but if they get outplayed, will come to the forums and cry asking for nerfs. This and like many others are nothing but l2p issues.

Wrong! Don't try to mislead people. Pulls all foes within the radius on a vector passing through the centre of the Temporal Curtain. When temporal curtain is put on the edge of the wall , into the void will pull people (through the centre of where temporal curtain was placed ) off the wall.The description of function has been like that since 22 October 2018‎

@Mokk.2397 said:

@phokus.8934 said:.Void targets 5 over 600u and it pulls them towards the center. There’s even an activation delay before pulling. This was changed many years ago as it used to be instant.

Wrong! Don't try to mislead people. Pulls all foes within the radius on a vector
passing through
the
centre of the Temporal Curtain
. When temporal curtain is put on the edge of the wall , into the void will pull people (through the centre of where temporal curtain was placed ) off the wall.The description of function has been like that since 22 October 2018‎It literally pulls people to the center at 600u. It’s pull range and distance is 600u to the center so not everyone will be pulled to the center. This is how this ability works.