DRM are not what we think?

TheThief.8475

@TheThief.8475 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:Imo lw and expansions would imrpove if story missions were solo/group content like drms. Extra point if they have rare drops and achievements to promote replayability.

Also strikes, major fights in story could then be strikes for groups.

I agree with that. The solo story bosses is a format that doesn't work imo, makes it feel like the BIG END BOSS of the expansion is just a stupid dummy that you can face alone and easy win with little to no effort during the fight.

A "strike mission style" last chapter would be great. Imagine creating strike mission for big bosses like mordremoth and balthazar. Not only the end of the story would feel much more epic and significant, we also would have more end game contant that remains and is replayable. Great idea my friend.

The end for core story was story mode of the dungeon Arah, players dident like that they all of a sudden had to group to finish story so I doubt Anet will make that mistake again.

I remember the last core story boss fight is a single player content, and i can remember the horrible fight with zaithan where u just press one key on the cannon to damage and kill him, and who in the world would prefer this horrible content to a strike mission where u have a real epic fight against zaithan?

People didn't like to play arah story mode as "final chapter"(i can't remember that but it was in 2013, so might be my memory -404 memory not found).People don't like a lot of contents in gw2 but yet we have it. Players will never have all the same tastes, but they can focus on what players that play the game a lot of time want (players where they get most of the money from) . And i suppose you are saying that anet wont do this while you would like it, am I right?

They changed it at release it was a 5 man dungeon instance.Yes there was alot of complaints that their story ended with a party instance.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Linken.6345 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:Imo lw and expansions would imrpove if story missions were solo/group content like drms. Extra point if they have rare drops and achievements to promote replayability.

I agree with that. The solo story bosses is a format that doesn't work imo, makes it feel like the BIG END BOSS of the expansion is just a stupid dummy that you can face alone and easy win with little to no effort during the fight.

A "strike mission style" last chapter would be great. Imagine creating strike mission for big bosses like mordremoth and balthazar. Not only the end of the story would feel much more epic and significant, we also would have more end game contant that remains and is replayable. Great idea my friend.

The end for core story was story mode of the dungeon Arah, players dident like that they all of a sudden had to group to finish story so I doubt Anet will make that mistake again.

I remember the last core story boss fight is a single player content, and i can remember the horrible fight with zaithan where u just press one key on the cannon to damage and kill him, and who in the world would prefer this horrible content to a strike mission where u have a real epic fight against zaithan?

People didn't like to play arah story mode as "final chapter"(i can't remember that but it was in 2013, so might be my memory -404 memory not found).People don't like a lot of contents in gw2 but yet we have it. Players will never have all the same tastes, but they can focus on what players that play the game a lot of time want (players where they get most of the money from) . And i suppose you are saying that anet wont do this while you would like it, am I right?

They changed it at release it was a 5 man dungeon instance.Yes there was alot of complaints that their story ended with a party instance.Mostly because it was a shitty ending. Having multiple "commanders" didnt even make sense in your own story finale.

I think I'm inclined to agree. They're just a straight-up story mission replacement. If many of the steps in other story missions had actually been DRMs I think they could've gotten a lot of replayability out of them; steps like the Joko fight or the Kralk fight would work really well.

They're really not that bad.People are just mad that the all stuff around such a typical instance isn't there.They have a lot of replayability, I've had a blast over the last week min maxing their gameplay, soloing everything and dodging big damage in the last moments. The concept is solid, the first instances were a bit lame that is true, but the newer ones are all very good.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

They changed it at release it was a 5 man dungeon instance.Yes there was alot of complaints that their story ended with a party instance.Mostly because it was a kitten ending. Having multiple "commanders" didnt even make sense in your own story finale.

Strike missions for last boss fight in story chapters really hype me a lot, but i guess the problem is real.

But i think they could solve the problem if they want! The question is "will they consider a strike mission for the final boss fight in the story"? I hope so :D

@"TheThief.8475" said:Strike missions for last boss fight in story chapters really hype me a lot, but i guess the problem is real.But i think they could solve the problem if they want! The question is "will they consider a strike mission for the final boss fight in the story"? I hope so :D

Rather than forcing multiplayer into the story, doing it like they did with the Icebrood Construct and the Fraenir would be far superior.That way, everyone can finish the story without bothering to team up with others while group player can enjoy more Strike Missions.

But they should also make Strike Missions out of past bosses, like Scruffy 2.0 or Lazarus.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"TheThief.8475" said:Strike missions for last boss fight in story chapters really hype me a lot, but i guess the problem is real.But i think they could solve the problem if they want! The question is "will they consider a strike mission for the final boss fight in the story"? I hope so :D

Rather than forcing multiplayer into the story, doing it like they did with the Icebrood Construct and the Fraenir would be
far
superior.That way, everyone can finish the story without bothering to team up with others while group player can enjoy more Strike Missions.

But they should also make Strike Missions out of past bosses, like Scruffy 2.0 or Lazarus.

If they really want to change the format without risks, they should made small surveys and ask to us what we think.I can see in a post where just few people share thought, there are so much different opinion, so the best opinion for them would be to ask the community, and then do what most of us want, may that non be strike mission bosses ç_ç

@TheThief.8475 said:If they really want to change the format without risks, they should made small surveys and ask to us what we think.I can see in a post where just few people share thought, there are so much different opinion, so the best opinion for them would be to ask the community, and then do what most of us want, may that non be strike mission bosses ç_çSince the vast majority of the player base doesn't even visit the forums, an official survey would be worth nothing.And I doubt GW2 has the functionality to display surveys ingame.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@TheThief.8475 said:If they really want to change the format without risks, they should made small surveys and ask to us what we think.I can see in a post where just few people share thought, there are so much different opinion, so the best opinion for them would be to ask the community, and then do what most of us want, may that non be strike mission bosses ç_çSince the vast majority of the player base doesn't even visit the forums, an official survey would be worth nothing.And I doubt GW2 has the functionality to display surveys ingame.

Surveys in game can be implemented, I've seen it in a ton of games (and cheaper than gw2 in terms of quality and devs).

I wasn't thinking about forums surveys, but if they'd want to, they would release a news with a captivating title so that when players log-in in the launcher may notice it, and opening the news page they find the link to the survey. This would provide a much higher audience compared to forum only community.

@TheThief.8475 said:

Surveys in game can be implemented, I've seen it in a ton of games (and cheaper than gw2 in terms of quality and devs).

I wasn't thinking about forums surveys, but if they'd want to, they would release a news with a captivating title so that when players log-in in the launcher may notice it, and opening the news page they find the link to the survey. This would provide a much higher audience compared to forum only community.

Also they could advertise in game about the survey going on, with a special message, or a small event :D

More chapters to come in my opinion means possibility of increased rewards with increased masteries obtained, making it better to replay once you are max mastery. It is dull right now because the episode is not complete yet. This keeps new people from jumping right in and getting the max rewards without putting in the effort to get the masteries.

@TheThief.8475 said:

They changed it at release it was a 5 man dungeon instance.Yes there was alot of complaints that their story ended with a party instance.Mostly because it was a kitten ending. Having multiple "commanders" didnt even make sense in your own story finale.

Strike missions for last boss fight in story chapters really hype me a lot, but i guess the problem is real.

But i think they could solve the problem if they want! The question is "will they consider a strike mission for the final boss fight in the story"? I hope so :D

Raids used us as the commander and a bunch or mercs or just mercs if you didnt complete it. Same rule could aply to the final boss if it was a strike.

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Imo lw and expansions would imrpove if story missions were solo/group content like drms. Extra point if they have rare drops and achievements to promote replayability.

Raids used us as the commander and a bunch or mercs or just mercs if you didnt complete it. Same rule could aply to the final boss if it was a strike.

I agree, and i also thought about it, didn't mention it because kittens could complain about not being the protagonist (this won't change the quality of the gameplay and is irrelevant to me :D). A good story with a good gameplay is a great experience. A great story with boring gameplay is a TV series XD

@TheThief.8475 said:

Hope not!!!!!!!!!

@Blude.6812 said:

Hope not!!!!!!!!!

So you prefer to spam 1 :confused:

@TheThief.8475 said:

Hope not!!!!!!!!!

LMAO! You really have no idea at all how I play. I do know that forced strike missions are something I don't want.

@Blude.6812 said:

Hope not!!!!!!!!!

LMAO! You really have no idea at all how I play. I do know that forced strike missions are something I don't want.

+1 from me - I don't spam 1, but I also do not feel like having forced strikes for story completion. I'm not looking for great gameplay when it comes to story instances, I'd prefer something more engaging than Zhaitan but nothing close to the time-padded nature of DRMs. I actually really liked the pre-nerf Caudecus fight from LWS3, and would welcome more story bosses like that.

@voltaicbore.8012 said:

Hope not!!!!!!!!!

+1 from me - I don't spam 1, but I also do not feel like having forced strikes for story completion. I'm not looking for
great
gameplay when it comes to story instances, I'd prefer something more engaging than Zhaitan but nothing close to the time-padded nature of DRMs. I actually really liked the pre-nerf Caudecus fight from LWS3, and would welcome more story bosses like that.

I kinda agree with cadecous fight. I don't understand one thing tho: do you dislike strikes? I mean you would not like a "strike mission" boss fight even if you could play it solo?

@TheThief.8475 said:

Hope not!!!!!!!!!

+1 from me - I don't spam 1, but I also do not feel like having forced strikes for story completion. I'm not looking for
great
gameplay when it comes to story instances, I'd prefer something more engaging than Zhaitan but nothing close to the time-padded nature of DRMs. I actually really liked the pre-nerf Caudecus fight from LWS3, and would welcome more story bosses like that.

I kinda agree with cadecous fight. I don't understand one thing tho: do you dislike strikes? I mean you would not like a "strike mission" boss fight even if you could play it solo?

Strikes are fine, and DRMs are fine - I just don't want them in story, period.

Soloing things is not a problem. I solo all the DRMs, and I solo both dungeons and fractals (the ones that are mechanically soloable, anyways. Still haven't found workarounds for Deepstone).

ANet has proven that it doesn't really know how to scale things between solo and 5-man content very well (if at all) - even if a soloable strike mission was added as a story boss, it would be a pointless gigantic HP sponge. It wouldn't be interesting gameplay, and it certainly wouldn't add story value. It would, in fact, be a waste of time for all involved.

@voltaicbore.8012 said:

Hope not!!!!!!!!!

great

Strikes are fine, and DRMs are fine - I just don't want them in story, period.

Soloing things is not a problem. I solo all the DRMs, and I solo both dungeons and fractals (the ones that are mechanically soloable, anyways. Still haven't found workarounds for Deepstone).

ANet has proven that it doesn't really know how to scale things between solo and 5-man content very well (if at all) - even if a soloable strike mission was added as a story boss, it would be a pointless gigantic HP sponge. It wouldn't be interesting gameplay, and it certainly wouldn't add story value. It would, in fact, be a waste of time for all involved.

This is not what i meant, I mean they can introduce some mechanics from strike bosses to story bosses, like aoes to dodge, "drakkar style" waves that you can jump over, this kind of things that involve more the player (they usually add new mechanics that you can't often see or understand at first glance- instead of using some of the mechanics that players know already- and are fun to play).The last thing I want is more hp for last bosses (they are already more than enough, if you think about mordremoth story fight)

@"TheThief.8475" said:

This is not what i meant, I mean they can introduce some mechanics from strike bosses to story bosses, like aoes to dodge, "drakkar style" waves that you can jump over, this kind of things that involve more the player (they usually add new mechanics that you can't often see or understand at first glance- instead of using some of the mechanics that players know already- and are fun to play).The last thing I want is more hp for last bosses (they are already more than enough, if you think about mordremoth story fight)

Dunno man. When I see you say stuff like this

@"TheThief.8475" said:The solo story bosses is a format that doesn't work imo, makes it feel like the BIG END BOSS of the expansion is just a stupid dummy that you can face alone and easy win with little to no effort during the fight.

it seems pretty clear that (1) you don't think "solo story bosses" work, and (2) you want something that is NOT "solo story bosses", which presumably is "strike mission style" fights done in a group.

But I guess now you're saying you never really wanted the group aspect of (2), and what you really want is just more of the strike mission mechanics ? That would be nice, but I'm not sure ANet has ever shown us that they know how to do an interesting solo fight. It's not that I disagree with your desire - I, too, would like to see more interesting boss fights. But I just don't think ANet can pull it off. One of the few times they did with the pre-nerf Caudecus fight, apparently enough people cried that they pulled back.

So to answer your question more clearly: yes I would like to see more interesting things in boss fights, but no I do not want ANet to even try to do it. I have no faith that I will like the outcome.

@voltaicbore.8012 said:

@"TheThief.8475" said:

Dunno man. When I see you say stuff like this

@"TheThief.8475" said:The solo story bosses is a format that doesn't work imo, makes it feel like the BIG END BOSS of the expansion is just a stupid dummy that you can face alone and easy win with little to no effort during the fight.

it seems pretty clear that (1) you don't think "solo story bosses" work, and (2) you want something that is NOT "solo story bosses", which presumably is "strike mission style" fights done in a group.

But I guess now you're saying you never really wanted the group aspect of (2), and what you
really
want is just more of the strike mission
mechanics
? That would be nice, but I'm not sure ANet has ever shown us that they know how to do an interesting solo fight. It's not that I disagree with your desire - I, too, would like to see more interesting boss fights. But I just don't think ANet can pull it off. One of the few times they did with the pre-nerf Caudecus fight, apparently enough people cried that they pulled back.

So to answer your question more clearly: yes I would like to see more interesting things in boss fights, but no I do not want ANet to even try to do it. I have no faith that I will like the outcome.

Yes it is true that I would like 10 ppl boss fight (i'm sorry but i don't even nemember what i wrote some days ago)but there is no need to force it.You could be able to choose to play it either in party or in a single player mode. Same mechanics for the fights, with exception of group mechanics (balanced obv).

A lot of games like ff14, world of warcraft, has some raid/ dungeon bosses for the main story, and a lot of ppl play and is happy with it, so i thought it could aswell work in gw2, but is alsotrue that they did it from the begin, while in gw2 it would be a big change .

Just a weird dream, we will see what the future holds.

@TheThief.8475 said:A lot of games like ff14, world of warcraft, has some raid/ dungeon bosses for the main story, and a lot of ppl play and is happy with it, so i thought it could aswell work in gw2, but is also true that they did it from the begin, while in gw2 it would be a big change .FF14 and WoW are designed around group content, while Open World mostly are just fluff and preparation for group content.GW2 is designed in the completely opposite direction. In GW2, group content is the side of the side dish, while open world zerging and the single player campaigns are the main dishes.Suffice to say, they usually attract significantly different people.Just because FF14 players are happy about group content, doesn't mean many GW2 players also are in favour of it.I myself was bewildered at first, when I first realized that FF14 has group content as part of the (mostly solo) story.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@TheThief.8475 said:A lot of games like ff14, world of warcraft, has some raid/ dungeon bosses for the main story, and a lot of ppl play and is happy with it, so i thought it could aswell work in gw2, but is also true that they did it from the begin, while in gw2 it would be a big change .FF14 and WoW are designed around group content, while Open World mostly are just fluff and preparation for group content.GW2 is designed in the completely opposite direction. In GW2, group content is the side of the side dish, while open world zerging and the single player campaigns are the main dishes.Suffice to say, they usually attract significantly different people.Just because FF14 players are happy about group content, doesn't mean many GW2 players also are in favour of it.I myself was bewildered at first, when I first realized that FF14 has group content as part of the (mostly solo) story.Additionally, FF XIV can get away with it due to the existence of the Duty Finder queue system, and every class having exactly one build and role. Also, due to gear progression, every content eventually gets outgeared, so if someone has a problem with some instance, they can just wait till they get better gear. This is not an option in GW2 however.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@TheThief.8475 said:A lot of games like ff14, world of warcraft, has some raid/ dungeon bosses for the main story, and a lot of ppl play and is happy with it, so i thought it could aswell work in gw2, but is also true that they did it from the begin, while in gw2 it would be a big change .FF14 and WoW are designed around group content, while Open World mostly are just fluff and preparation for group content.GW2 is designed in the completely opposite direction. In GW2, group content is the side of the side dish, while open world zerging and the single player campaigns are the main dishes.Suffice to say, they usually attract significantly different people.Just because FF14 players are happy about group content, doesn't mean many GW2 players also are in favour of it.I myself was bewildered at first, when I first realized that FF14 has group content as part of the (mostly solo) story.Additionally, FF XIV can get away with it due to the existence of the Duty Finder queue system, and every class having exactly one build and role. Also, due to gear progression, every content eventually gets outgeared, so if someone has a problem with some instance, they can just wait till they get better gear. This is not an option in GW2 however.

GW2 has a group finder, too, so that wouldn't work as an argument though.And there also are tryhards in FF14 that try to act as a different role.I've met some healers, mostly White Mages, who aimed to play as a 4th DPS instead of trying to heal.