Did Primordus and Jormag eat Lyssa??? ?

TeeracK.3601

I think this theory that a dragon ate Lyssa could also work with the DSD. It could explain why Lyssa gained the domain of water or been more of a foreshadowing thing for this. It would make the Priestess of Lyssa quote make sense. A conflict between Balthazar and the DSD at the Battle Isles would also be a great story beat. Part of why I say this is because the DSD is the most mysterious hidden dragon and looking back at some of it's old concept art it kind of reminds me a bit of Lyssa. Dragon_16_concept_art.jpgthere is also the ying yang looking water dragon in the new EoD logo that sort of themes up nice with Lyssa's whole two sided coin kind of thing.

The problem with this theory is as Konig states, Kormir had literal interactions with Lyssa before the gods left Tyria. That interaction recorded in her diary shows that Lyssa was present at the time of departure so it wouldn't fit any scenario where Lyssa would be consumed by the Elder Dragons.

At most, only Balthazar fits the scenario of being consumed by any Elder Dragon, and that's an aspect we had to fight inside of a dragon. If Lyssa, or any of the other Gods sans Balthazar, had any interaction with the Elder Dragons before their departure, more than likely they simply attempted to keep the dragons dormant for as long as possible. Past that, there's no real record of direct confrontation between the dragons and the Gods (one that would cause the twins, or any of the dragons, to consume Lyssa) until recently. Balthazar was adamant in taking on the Elder Dragons, making him the only real God that wanted to have any direct confrontation with them, and that didn't happen until after Lyssa, Kormir and the rest of the Gods imprisoned him in the Mists. The Gods always knew of the Elder Dragons as being part of the natural laws and balance within Tyria, which is more than likely why they never wanted to touch on the subject matter, or even interfere with it to begin with.

@"ChronoPinoyX.7923" said:The problem with this theory is as Konig states, Kormir had literal interactions with Lyssa before the gods left Tyria. That interaction recorded in her diary shows that Lyssa was present at the time of departure so it wouldn't fit any scenario where Lyssa would be consumed by the Elder Dragons.

At most, only Balthazar fits the scenario of being consumed by any Elder Dragon, and that's an aspect we had to fight inside of a dragon. If Lyssa, or any of the other Gods sans Balthazar, had any interaction with the Elder Dragons before their departure, more than likely they simply attempted to keep the dragons dormant for as long as possible. Past that, there's no real record of direct confrontation between the dragons and the Gods (one that would cause the twins, or any of the dragons, to consume Lyssa) until recently. Balthazar was adamant in taking on the Elder Dragons, making him the only real God that wanted to have any direct confrontation with them, and that didn't happen until after Lyssa, Kormir and the rest of the Gods imprisoned him in the Mists. The Gods always knew of the Elder Dragons as being part of the natural laws and balance within Tyria, which is more than likely why they never wanted to touch on the subject matter, or even interfere with it to begin with.

Actually she says "even Lyssa" as if there was some reason she wouldn't leave with them. If all her magic was consumed and she was left a mortal she could have been taking with the gods without still being a god or going darker if she was dead or maybe half dead(meaning one of the twins was eaten) she could have still left with them half consumed or as a corps with this theory still playing out.

@"TeeracK.3601" said:It could explain why Lyssa gained the domain of water or been more of a foreshadowing thing for this.

Lyssa "gained the domain of water" because she always had ties to water, as firmly established foremost with Nightfall. Where Abaddon was about the water depths, Lyssa was about the water surface and its reflective properties. Mirrors, reflections, and distortions of lenses are all in Lyssa's domain from day 1.

She never "gained" anything but a formal title.

@"TeeracK.3601" said:Actually she says "even Lyssa" as if there was some reason she wouldn't leave with them. If all her magic was consumed and she was left a mortal she could have been taking with the gods without still being a god or going darker if she was dead or maybe half dead(meaning one of the twins was eaten) she could have still left with them half consumed or as a corps with this theory still playing out.

The "even Lyssa" line isn't in reference to Lyssa leaving Tyria, but agreeing to imprison Balthazar because Balthazar wanted to kill the Elder Dragons despite the consequences.

Kormir: The rest of the Six—Dwayna, Grenth, Melandru, even Lyssa—reached an agreement. Balthazar had to be dealt with.

Here is what Kormir has to say about Lyssa's presence and departing the world:

The end of my time here approaches, and I find my thoughts straying. Perhaps Lyssa was right to mock me for lingering behind.

Which doesn't strictly say Lyssa left, but it does signify that Lyssa was alive, and still a god, when the gods began to leave. And it very heavily implies that Lyssa had already left.

Also, it doesn't seem the gods are even capable of leaving corpses, btw. They could have their divinity taken from them (see: Balthazar and Dhuum) but when killed, their bodies break apart and their soul and remaining magic turns into a volatile storm (unclear if said storm dissipates over time or is perpetual, as both cases we see a god / former god die, the magic got consumed into a new vessel (Kormir and Kralkatorri/Aurene for Abaddon and Balthazar respectively).

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"TeeracK.3601" said:It could explain why Lyssa gained the domain of water or been more of a foreshadowing thing for this.

Lyssa "gained the domain of water" because she always had ties to water, as firmly established foremost with Nightfall. Where Abaddon was about the water
depths
, Lyssa was about the water
surface
and its reflective properties. Mirrors, reflections, and distortions of lenses are all in Lyssa's domain from day 1.

@"TeeracK.3601" said:Actually she says "even Lyssa" as if there was some reason she wouldn't leave with them. If all her magic was consumed and she was left a mortal she could have been taking with the gods without still being a god or going darker if she was dead or maybe half dead(meaning one of the twins was eaten) she could have still left with them half consumed or as a corps with this theory still playing out.

The "even Lyssa" line isn't in reference to Lyssa leaving Tyria, but agreeing to imprison Balthazar because Balthazar wanted to kill the Elder Dragons despite the consequences.

Kormir: The rest of the Six—Dwayna, Grenth, Melandru, even Lyssa—reached an agreement. Balthazar had to be dealt with.

The end of my time here approaches, and I find my thoughts straying. Perhaps Lyssa was right to mock me for lingering behind.

Which doesn't strictly say Lyssa left, but it does signify that Lyssa was alive, and still a god, when the gods began to leave. And it
very heavily
implies that Lyssa had already left.

Also, it doesn't seem the gods are even
capable
of leaving corpses, btw. They could have their divinity taken from them (see: Balthazar and Dhuum) but when killed, their bodies break apart and their soul and remaining magic turns into a volatile storm (unclear if said storm dissipates over time or is perpetual, as both cases we see a god / former god die, the magic got consumed into a new vessel (Kormir and Kralkatorri/Aurene for Abaddon and Balthazar respectively).

A lot of this is your own opinion/interoperation presented as fact.

No, it's a very sensible interpretation of what we are actually told and using a shred of logic.

Unlike the entire theory of an Elder Dragon eating a God, which is a very inane interpretation and doesn't utiltise a shred of logic.

Mostly due to the fact if an Elder Dragon had eaten a God then there would be no more GW2 because that Elder Dragon would have won.

I'm honestly baffled as to where this line of thought has even come from.

@TeeracK.3601 said:

@TeeracK.3601 said:It could explain why Lyssa gained the domain of water or been more of a foreshadowing thing for this.

Lyssa "gained the domain of water" because she always had ties to water, as firmly established foremost with Nightfall. Where Abaddon was about the water
depths
, Lyssa was about the water
surface
and its reflective properties. Mirrors, reflections, and distortions of lenses are all in Lyssa's domain from day 1.

@TeeracK.3601 said:Actually she says "even Lyssa" as if there was some reason she wouldn't leave with them. If all her magic was consumed and she was left a mortal she could have been taking with the gods without still being a god or going darker if she was dead or maybe half dead(meaning one of the twins was eaten) she could have still left with them half consumed or as a corps with this theory still playing out.

Which doesn't strictly say Lyssa left, but it does signify that Lyssa was alive, and still a god, when the gods began to leave. And it
very heavily
implies that Lyssa had already left.

Also, it doesn't seem the gods are even
capable
of leaving corpses, btw. They could have their divinity taken from them (see: Balthazar and Dhuum) but when killed, their bodies break apart and their soul and remaining magic turns into a volatile storm (unclear if said storm dissipates over time or is perpetual, as both cases we see a god / former god die, the magic got consumed into a new vessel (Kormir and Kralkatorri/Aurene for Abaddon and Balthazar respectively).

A lot of this is your own opinion/interoperation presented as fact.

Which is my own opinion?

The quote of text from the game? Or stating what directly happens visually in cinematics? Please, inform me which is my "own opinion" that I'm presenting as fact. Because I can provide direct sources if you wish.

The only thing that could be misunderstood as "my opinion stated as fact" would be Lyssa's association with water. But... The Mirror of Lyss, and a lot of text around Kehanni shows otherwise, from Nightfall, that Lyssa is tied to the reflective surface of water. Even the mysterious Bahltek talks about water's reflective surface's importance. In Malchor's Leap, the association of Lyssa and reflective surfaces is furthered with her cathedral in how it - like the Sebelkeh Basilica - stands over water.

There's no relation between Lyssa and its depths, which is Abaddon's domain (he's even called "Lord of the Everlasting Depths" in his scriptures), just the surface. And the relation between Lyssa and water predates the death of Abaddon.