World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

alliances when?

btw i find it interesting that some people seem to expect it dropping with EoD. i personally don't think so, i ask myself constantly, will us WvW players get ANYTHING for EoD :cold_sweat: #newmapwhen #mapupdateswhen #npcupdateswhen #matupdateswhen #mysixstacksofeblemoftheavengerforcedmetoaskthis #betterrewardswhen #attentionwhen #whenwhen #allianceswhen

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:alliances when?

btw i find it interesting that some people seem to expect it dropping with EoD. i personally don't think so, i ask myself constantly, will us WvW players get ANYTHING for EoD :cold_sweat: #newmapwhen #mapupdateswhen #npcupdateswhen #matupdateswhen #mysixstacksofeblemoftheavengerforcedmetoaskthis #betterrewardswhen #attentionwhen #whenwhen #allianceswhen

A new meme

btw @"Strider Pj.2193" did / how did your view change about this? you been here at page 1, about three years ago, from a seemingly roamery perspective?

__also... reading the old stuff tells where we gone and why it was fundamentally wrong. only way to make your matchup is to buy a transfer. some people in 2018 misunderstood Alliances and claimed it would "kill Wvw". the realists saw that rather the too long missed fix of the toxic link system would be way worse. okay, the warclaw probs also did cause quite some players lose interest due to easier ganking but yeah.

my server is, after beeing pretty strong/stacked in the past, finally done. flooded with newbies, impossible to play as a group, you get like 30/70 on a squad, rest just clouds around and rallies +20 sized enemy groups.

i never wanted to, but i will 97% ish abandon the server i picked on day 1 randomly, because it was simply killed. idk how many stopped playing, but like 180~ players transfered off over one single year.

the link system has ultimately failed, and it killed yet two of the biggest servers of old times, vabbi and desolation. (WSR is kinda swinging state)

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:btw @Strider Pj.2193 did / how did your view change about this? you been here at page 1, about three years ago, from a seemingly roamery perspective?

__

Actually, my guild Havocs.

But my position evolved over the course of the thread. If you read some of the answers and clarifications some of the Devs gave along the way, my perception of the potential changes, changed.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:alliances when?

in EOD they wil bring underwarter mount to wvw'ers fight on bay. this will revolutionize the wvw.

@"Halbarz.3854" said:Just give up on the Alliances, it's not going to happen or if it does it might be when it's way too late and Anet realizes that they made a mistake ignoring a part of their community

It's already too late for about 1000 players I've known over the span of 8 years. Shrugging about it and saying oh well, too late is a cop out lmao.

They've said time and time again in numerous occasions something along the lines and probably this exact quote "WvW will be seeing an overhaul" if i looked hard enough i could find the sauce lmao.

So in the spirit of reminding them of the unfulfilled promise...

@acdspydar.8920 said:

Alliances When?!

@Halbarz.3854 said:Just give up on the Alliances, it's not going to happen or if it does it might be when it's way too late and Anet realizes that they made a mistake ignoring a part of their community

Really, a good portion of us have given up on them. I don’t even really care anymore about alliance system. I just want anet to communicate or admit they’ve abandoned the project. Until then... I will be a thorn in their side adding my #allianceswhen to consistently keep this thread/meme alive.Also, if you google #allianceswhen... this thread comes up now since we’ve #’d it enough. Love it.

@Raymond Lukes.6305 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:Wow. That's something.It was good knowing you, Fort Aspenwood.

Still, a complete overhall
is
the only way to rebalance the population, so I can't really complain.Glad you guys have been hard at work designing this new system.

~ Kovu

The evolution of this post was amazing <3

Thanks, I was pretty caught off guard with that surprise announcement. Didn't think it was real, at first.I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store once this goes live. =p

~ Kovu