Make a balancing subforum and let only Plat & above post in it

GuriGashi.5617

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@snoow.1694 said:Idea is simple, too many unskilled players are confusing Anet by constantly crying about stuff, that actually isn‘t strong. I feel like taking part in balancing issues should only be allowed at a certain skill level, meaning if you reached Plat 1 to Legendary in your last season. Letting people in lower divisions take part in such important decisions will just further ruin the quality of the meta, because most of them don‘t know what they are actually talking about

Just give the plat+ players their own server with their own balance so that the balancing for a tiny subset of the player base does not affect the playability of the majority.

The hallmark of skill in GW2 PvP is basic literacy or having a duo-spam partner. You'd never get any sort of decent game by "consulting the best" because the players in GW2 PvP who hit high-plat/top 250 only know how to follow a flow. They don't push themselves; they're all stuck in the same ivory tower worshipping the act of number tweaking rather than having creative thoughts.

@Markri.9475 said:why so low as plat 1? thats hardly a requirement of skill, or knowledge about balance.You could have started at top250. Though top 100 would mean more.I'm against the idea though, as even top players don't know how to get balance done on a whole.

On NA plat would be already less than top 250. Also at least on NA the skill difference between p1 and p3 is pretty minimal. There are bad players and good players in both brackets. Even the leg players are really on par w/ p2s mostly, they just all duo.

@"Swagg.9236" said:The hallmark of skill in GW2 PvP is basic literacy or having a duo-spam partner. You'd never get any sort of decent game by "consulting the best" because the players in GW2 PvP who hit high-plat/top 250 only know how to follow a flow. They don't push themselves; they're all stuck in the same ivory tower worshipping the act of number tweaking rather than having creative thoughts.... So it should only be the top 2 players then?

This wouldn’t work. People in plat are just as biased as those in gold and would just want whatever counters them nerfed.There is also the boosting and win trading that happens.I know I’ve been asked to throw for gold a good while back, which of course I didn’t accept. I play the game to have fun, losing isn’t fun.But yea.There isn’t any reason to trust any players on balance. What they should do is, they should look at match data in plat and up, Maybe even as low as gold 2, and see what the class representation is. Also they can look at AT data.Then depending on what they find they can buff and nerf accordingly. They get backlogs of all kinds of data that they could use.Such as they could see the amount of renegades were in the last MAT and figure out a safe way to bring that spec down while not ruining herald. Or they could see lack of representation of other specs and buff accordingly. Ect ect. Of course they cannot only use data and would probably have to watch gameplay to see some of the issues

@"Majy.6792" said:Also at least on NA the skill difference between p1 and p3 is pretty minimal.

Not even close to true. The p3 playerbase are the ones who are 500-0ing p1 teams in ats every day. The reality of the situation here is that the top tier players have so little fun playing ranked that they have dropped the mode entirely and just play ats.

To them every ranked game is just a test of "can I farm enemy players faster than my team throws?" You can't practice rotations because nobody knows where to go and 1v1s aren't interesting because the opponents are just bad.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Swagg.9236" said:The hallmark of skill in GW2 PvP is basic literacy or having a duo-spam partner. You'd never get any sort of decent game by "consulting the best" because the players in GW2 PvP who hit high-plat/top 250 only know how to follow a flow. They don't push themselves; they're all stuck in the same ivory tower worshipping the act of number tweaking rather than having creative thoughts.... So it should only be the top 2 players then?

Only if you absolutely want zero changes.

@Ryan.9387 said:

@"Majy.6792" said:Also at least on NA the skill difference between p1 and p3 is pretty minimal.

Not even close to true. The p3 playerbase are the ones who are 500-0ing p1 teams in ats every day. The reality of the situation here is that the top tier players have so little fun playing ranked that they have dropped the mode entirely and just play ats.

To them every ranked game is just a test of "can I farm enemy players faster than my team throws?" You can't practice rotations because nobody knows where to go and 1v1s aren't interesting because the opponents are just bad.

There are plenty of p1s right now who have been top 20 end of season and are >200. I have played against every single player in the top 50 NA many times and I know a lot of >100 ranked players who can play as well or better than they do. I would bet anything that if you removed duo queue most of those guys would not be top players and some wouldn't even rank top 250.

@snoow.1694 said:Idea is simple, too many unskilled players are confusing Anet by constantly crying about stuff, that actually isn‘t strong. I feel like taking part in balancing issues should only be allowed at a certain skill level, meaning if you reached Plat 1 to Legendary in your last season. Letting people in lower divisions take part in such important decisions will just further ruin the quality of the meta, because most of them don‘t know what they are actually talking about

First, this will never happen in public forums. The price of entry is buying the game. Once you do, there are no additional requirements.

Second, you do realize this will be a very limited group? I know that many players like to throw around: “anyone can reach P1,” which is true assuming: you key bind all your spells, played few hundred games, understand how all classes operate, understand various maps flow and strategies and can effectively improvise. Basically, around 10% of all active spvp players.

Third, how would you determine P1? Anyone reached P1? Stayed in P1 for few games? Finished the season in P1? What if it was not last season, but the one before it? Should we take in consideration all games the person ever played? If not, how far back should we go? Any line you draw here will be absolutely arbitrary.

Last, being in P1 does not mean you understand balance well. Heck, you could be in legendary and not understand balance well. Not to mention bias. There is a reason why sports players do not set the sports rules.

There is a reason no game does this.

It was the plat players that complained about soulbeast, turning it into a braindead class with a single pet. Merge in, merge out and repeat. No thank you.

This thread is pointless. The majority of high plat players are there because they have another competent teammate to team up with. If u removed the ability to q with friends most of the top players would fall hard, if not all. Some of these players will admit that but most won't cuz its to hard for them to admit, kinda sad. I've heard sindrener and other known players state on their streams they wont solo q on their main for obvious reasons, they'd be in gold most of the season. Im not saying u can't reach plat solo, I have many times but with the matchmaking and low population there are matches even these highly skilled players can't carry. In 6 yrs I've watched popular streamers not one solo q'd to plat and not one stayed in plat solo q'ing.The times I've seen a few steamers solo q they are raging by the end of their 2nd or 3rd match.

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:This thread is pointless. The majority of high plat players are there because they have another competent teammate to team up with. If u removed the ability to q with friends most of the top players would fall hard, if not all. Some of these players will admit that but most won't cuz its to hard for them to admit, kinda sad. I've heard sindrener and other known players state on their streams they wont solo q on their main for obvious reasons, they'd be in gold most of the season. Im not saying u can't reach plat solo, I have many times but with the matchmaking and low population there are matches even these highly skilled players can't carry. In 6 yrs I've watched popular streamers not one solo q'd to plat and not one stayed in plat solo q'ing.The times I've seen a few steamers solo q they are raging by the end of their 2nd or 3rd match.

That is my observation as well. Also, rating gains/loses come in play as well. 1 loss in plat is often worth 2 wins which means you basically need nearly 65-70% winrate to just stay in plat. It is kind of against the algorithm however. So yeah. Eventually you will hit the "duo queue or don't queue" at all wall. I won't even start on win trading (seen enough of it myself).

Balancing for plat vs. balancing for silver:ANet did draw their conclusion from this discussion before it even started. Skilled players ask for other things to be nerfed than not so skilled players. ANet then target things nobody asked for and nerfs these.

Besides that: plat players are way too busy studying metabattle for the latest fotm. They haven't the time to post in a forum.