Mouse pointer

@"Waffels.9748" said:I have not, but this is also not a constant thing. I'm almost thinking it's just lag I'm seeing, I just wanna be sure it's not anything else.

At least check your settings in MS Windows for how mouse pointer are to be hidden when you are not typing (which impact games too), use a key to show a big circle around mouse when you can not find it on screen (it is an option in settings Windows for mouse pointer).

Also make sure your mouse drivers are set up correct (if you use a gaming mouse or any mouse that have its own apps to controll settings for mouse like DPI).

If you want real help here on forum give us information about brand and SKU (look under mouse where you usually will find this kind of information).

Don't forget to tell us if you play GW2 in Fullscreen or Boarderless (Windowed mode is the same as Boarderless just it removes edges from being seen of Window for app/game). In Windowed mode (putting app/game above the surface of Desktop) it will use the settings from video card for Desktop (changing colours in video card drivers as an example will only have impact on apps that are run in this mode; not when run in Fullscreen mode and vice verse). This also have impact for how mouse cursor behaviour will change as when you move cursor over each app vs in when Fullscreen is active and its only game that have full priority from Windows (OS).

To sum it up: we need more information if you want serious help instead of only blaming it on "lag".

@ShadowCatz.8437 said:

@"Waffels.9748" said:I have not, but this is also not a constant thing. I'm almost thinking it's just lag I'm seeing, I just wanna be sure it's not anything else.

At least check your settings in MS Windows for how mouse pointer are to be hidden when you are not typing (which impact games too), use a key to show a big circle around mouse when you can not find it on screen (it is an option in settings Windows for mouse pointer).

Also make sure your mouse drivers are set up correct (if you use a gaming mouse or any mouse that have its own apps to controll settings for mouse like DPI).

If you want real help here on forum give us information about brand and SKU (look under mouse where you usually will find this kind of information).

Don't forget to tell us if you play GW2 in Fullscreen or Boarderless (Windowed mode is the same as Boarderless just it removes edges from being seen of Window for app/game). In Windowed mode (putting app/game above the surface of Desktop) it will use the settings from video card for Desktop (changing colours in video card drivers as an example will only have impact on apps that are run in this mode; not when run in Fullscreen mode and vice verse). This also have impact for how mouse cursor behaviour will change as when you move cursor over each app vs in when Fullscreen is active and its only game that have full priority from Windows (OS).

To sum it up: we need more information if you want serious help instead of only blaming it on "lag".

I mean, to be fair "lag" is usually the issue for most players.

I'm using a logitech m-u0026I'm windowed full screen--Just changed to full screen, so I'll see if that helps.FPS hangs around 60-65 and ping is 35

@Waffels.9748 said:I have not, but this is also not a constant thing. I'm almost thinking it's just lag I'm seeing, I just wanna be sure it's not anything else.

Yes some times I get the same mouse cursor lag and always have on multiple systems and mice its the game. To me it seems to be related to having allot (like a burst) of events at once that interact with the player character, some times its like it wants to force certain events to happen before allowing the player its next move. I suspect it has to do with player interaction and event ordering.

Also No it doesnt seem frame rate related Im using 2070 super, i7 liquid cooled, m.2 etc etc and not seeing system lag, just mouse cursor momentarily will freeze(not move or even dissapear) momentarily. Its most annoying in wvw/pvp and fractals.

@Moradorin.6217 said:

Yes some times I get the same mouse cursor lag and always have on multiple systems and mice its the game. To me it seems to be related to having allot (like a burst) of events at once that interact with the player character, some times its like it wants to force certain events to happen before allowing the player its next move. I suspect it has to do with player interaction and event ordering.

It's not even an event i was in. I was doing a story mission in the Ruined city of Acah.

@Waffels.9748 said:

@"Moradorin.6217" said:

It's not even an event i was in. I was doing a story mission in the Ruined city of Acah.

Ohh sure I can see that. What I meant by event isnt in game events. I shoulda been more clear. I meant like when allot of things are happening at once in "real time" that all effect the player. As in so many things are happening that are real time at the same time Im trying to move the mouse to perform an action I feel like the game forces a time delay on my action I assume due to client/server timing between all those things and the impact the players action could have on said events. Sorta like the game is trying to decide if I should be allowed to get another action before other things happen that interact with the player before I can get the benefit of the thing I wana do.

Try a different usb port/controller, as windows installs the driver separately for each port.If you have windows update notification, discord, or toolbar notifications they can cause different lag/interaction issues.If the mouse leaves the window, and the app loses/gains focus windows API has it's flaws.Worst problem(that I've seen) with the mouse is the UI blocks it from the 3D world, eg. there is an invisible square around party UI, and if at least 1 person has all boons/banners/buffs up to 1/4 of the screen can become unclickable, leading to trouble in high end content with ground/enemy targeting.

@Waffels.9748 said:I've only had this mouse since last August.

Okay, then that shouldn't be the issue, you are right.

Also, who takes apart a mouse when you can get a cheap one at the store?

If you have a cheap mouse, sure, throw it away (More plastic for the environment, yay! ;) ) and get a new one. If you own a gaming mouse, however, it doesn't hurt to carefully open it and clean it after a few years of usage (if you start encountering issues like that).

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Waffels.9748 said:I've only had this mouse since last August.

Okay, then that shouldn't be the issue, you are right.

Also, who takes apart a mouse when you can get a cheap one at the store?

If
you have a cheap mouse, sure, throw it away (More plastic for the environment, yay! ;) ) and get a new one. If you own a gaming mouse, however, it doesn't hurt to carefully open it and clean it after a few years of usage (
if
you start encountering issues like that).

Well I figured out the problem is my mouse. it's the USB connection, now I just need to find a solution to it.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Hence, the 'try a different mouse' suggestion.It's often the easiest troubleshoot.

Perhaps, the mouse is still under warranty?

Good luck.

At this point, I don't even think it's a mouse issue. I think now it's a connection issue.

I ended up trying this.

If you're experiencing mouse lockups or failures, it may be because your computer is automatically turning off the power to a USB Root Hub.

Go to your Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > and click on the "Device Manager" button.In the Device Manager window, find the item or items labeled "Universal Serial Bus controllers." Open it, and double-click the first item called "USB Root Hub."In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog, click on the "Power Management" tab."Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked by default. Uncheck this box, and click "OK."

So far I haven't had an issue but who knows what the rest of the day will bring.