Best NA Server for WvW PUGs?

Lord Meowalot.3690

@"kash.9213" said:

That's just a bunch of common sense stuff people hear a lot already."There's a complexity to WvW including builds, comps, synergies, and things that drivers do that many people that "pug" behind a typemander will never grasp.Most of the "pugs" he was talking about also get on discord a lot and hear all of the call outs and everything else so whatever drivers are doing beyond the usual squad stuff must be super secret.

You need to get out more. Every commander is different and has different ways of doing things. It's why some people gel with some commanders, and on others are just a walking bag. There are a TON of factors into every micro decision that should be made as a driver. The complexity increases when you are facing many unknowns with pugs. The "good" drivers understand this, and also why many new drivers struggle to get a foothold. Now on the flip side as a pug, a "good" pug now has to understand the commander they are following. Even being in discord and hearing the callouts is not just a simple 'common sense.' Commanders are often more than that; they are leaders. Leaders who have to juggle a lot more than simply commanding. Here is a short list of things I worry about as a 'private' guild commander:Where is stab coming from? Secondary Stab?Where is protection coming from?Where is Resistance coming from? What is the uptime?Where are cleanses coming from?Where are boon strips/corrupts coming from? How many?Where are offensive boons (might, fury) coming from? Full uptime?Where and how often are special boons (quickness, alacrity, superspeed) coming from?How can I arrange parties to best manage above?How much range damage do I have?How much melee damage do I have?How much lockdown, cc do I have?How much support do I have to sustain melee, ranged?How often do I have big cooldowns to wait for?Do I have enough stealth to cover squad?How quickly will cracks form in the squad causing a wipe?What are the enemy groups capable of?How many enemies are there?

That's just at squad creation, and many of those questions compound off each other. I'll even give the average pug the benefit of the doubt and assume they are on a meta class with a fairly meta build. (Which is more rare when following a pure typemander). The average pug knows 'I play scourge.' HERP DERP DROP WELLS. No, wait DROP WELLS WHEN COMMANDER CALLS. Okay, what about a commander like me who doesn't make well calls because I have a level of expectation of necro players to know? Well with pugs I see a lot of scattered wells, at random times. How about knowing when to use wells on first push, or saving wells for downs, knowing when the enemy is going to res? How are the warrior bubbles going to play out, both enemy and friendly? Is there a choke to focus on? Do we want there to be a choke? Now take even just this short accumulation of possibilities and compound them to where they all affect each other.

Now I know what you're thinking, 'why would a pug care about this?' And my response is, why shouldn't they? Isn't it valuable to know if you have stab, cleanse prot, etc in your party? Valuable to know if you are going pirate ship or be more aggressive? And average pug, following a typemander or a pugmander in discord without the proper groundwork, they just won't grasp it. Even with callouts, when I do have pugs follow I get questions on what specific callouts mean, and it's not because I use weird terms like 'pizza' to note enemy down players (TY GS).

So many little factors that pugs simply won't understand. It's also why some commanders can make people feel like gods and you can take the best players in the world who eat it because the commander isn't up to snuff. I see it on my own server watching people follow one commander, vs others and the difference it makes. It's not that drivers are doing stuff beyond the usual 'squad stuff'. It's that the average pug doesn't even know the usual 'squad stuff'.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:Oh yeah? Guess what squad brought SoS to 1st now on VP on Tier 1. Do you guys even command pugs or you're just so used to running with your guildies? People will not follow you if you're not popular. You're not popular enough for me to know you and I've been playing with SoS for some months now. I don't think anyone from your guild can even get the same number of followers that this ele commander is constantly getting, to follow you.

Quickrain's not on SoS so I guess the joke's on you? Or maybe you're just a joke? For someone accusing another of being too self-important, maybe you should try being a little more self-aware?? A lot of veteran commanders pay attention to other commanders who aren't on their server. Clearly this doesn't apply to you.

Anything you say is not gonna change the fact that SoS is 1st now on Victory Points and that ele commander made that possible.

You guys saying that SoS only wins fight when they outnumber the enemies.

And yet, pulling a .8 K/D ratio. The only server in T1 less than 1.0.

claps

who cares about kdr anyway? lol. i don't care. i played pvp for more than 3 years straight without touching any other game mode on this game. you don't win a match by having the most number of kills, there is no deathmatch mode of pvp on this game. you might as well just play a shooting game if you're into that.

the amount of saltyness on this thread is ridiculous. lol

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:

who cares about kdr anyway? lol. i don't care. i played pvp for more than 3 years straight without touching any other game mode. you don't win a match by having the most number of kills, there is no deathmatch mode of pvp on this game. you might as well just play a shooting game if you're into that.

There's your first mistake, assuming you can 'win' WvW.

@Ganz.3917 said:

@"kash.9213" said:

That's just a bunch of common sense stuff people hear a lot already."There's a complexity to WvW including builds, comps, synergies,
and things that drivers do that many people that "pug" behind a typemander will never grasp
.Most of the "pugs" he was talking about also get on discord a lot and hear all of the call outs and everything else so whatever drivers are doing beyond the usual squad stuff must be super secret.

You need to get out more.
Every
commander is different and has different ways of doing things. It's why some people gel with some commanders, and on others are just a walking bag. There are a TON of factors into every micro decision that should be made as a driver. The complexity increases when you are facing many unknowns with pugs. The "good" drivers understand this, and also why many new drivers struggle to get a foothold. Now on the flip side as a pug, a "good" pug now has to understand the commander they are following. Even being in discord and hearing the callouts is not just a simple 'common sense.' Commanders are often more than that; they are leaders. Leaders who have to juggle a lot more than simply commanding. Here is a short list of things I worry about as a 'private' guild commander:Where is stab coming from? Secondary Stab?Where is protection coming from?Where is Resistance coming from? What is the uptime?Where are cleanses coming from?Where are boon strips/corrupts coming from? How many?Where are offensive boons (might, fury) coming from? Full uptime?Where and how often are special boons (quickness, alacrity, superspeed) coming from?How can I arrange parties to best manage above?How much range damage do I have?How much melee damage do I have?How much lockdown, cc do I have?How much support do I have to sustain melee, ranged?How often do I have big cooldowns to wait for?Do I have enough stealth to cover squad?How quickly will cracks form in the squad causing a wipe?What are the enemy groups capable of?How many enemies are there?

That's just at squad creation, and many of those questions compound off each other. I'll even give the average pug the benefit of the doubt and assume they are on a meta class with a fairly meta build. (Which is more rare when following a pure typemander). The average pug knows 'I play scourge.' kitten kitten DROP WELLS. No, wait DROP WELLS WHEN COMMANDER CALLS. Okay, what about a commander like me who doesn't make well calls because I have a level of expectation of necro players to know? Well with pugs I see a lot of scattered wells, at random times. How about knowing when to use wells on first push, or saving wells for downs, knowing when the enemy is going to res? How are the warrior bubbles going to play out, both enemy and friendly? Is there a choke to focus on? Do we want there to be a choke? Now take even just this short accumulation of possibilities and compound them to where they all affect each other.

Now I know what you're thinking, '
why would a pug care about this?' And my response is, why shouldn't they
? Isn't it valuable to know if you have stab, cleanse prot, etc in your party? Valuable to know if you are going pirate ship or be more aggressive? And average pug, following a typemander or a pugmander in discord without the proper groundwork, they just won't grasp it. Even with callouts, when I do have pugs follow I get questions on what specific callouts mean, and it's not because I use weird terms like 'pizza' to note enemy down players (TY GS).

So many little factors that pugs simply won't understand. It's also why some commanders can make people feel like gods and you can take the best players in the world who eat it because the commander isn't up to snuff. I see it on my own server watching people follow one commander, vs others and the difference it makes. It's not that drivers are doing stuff beyond the usual 'squad stuff'. It's that the average pug doesn't even know the usual 'squad stuff'.

You wrote a lot for nothing. The guy could have explained all that but he wrote his post the way he wrote it.

How would you know what I'm thinking? I wouldn't ask why a "pug" would care about that. Most "pugs" are someones guildy at this point, most people aren't questioning stuff like that and are probably asking questions about what they need to bring. Of course some don't, that's the case with any game mode. You basically agreed with me but felt the need to get up your own ass a bit.

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:Oh yeah? Guess what squad brought SoS to 1st now on VP on Tier 1. Do you guys even command pugs or you're just so used to running with your guildies? People will not follow you if you're not popular. You're not popular enough for me to know you and I've been playing with SoS for some months now. I don't think anyone from your guild can even get the same number of followers that this ele commander is constantly getting, to follow you.

Quickrain's not on SoS so I guess the joke's on you? Or maybe you're just a joke? For someone accusing another of being too self-important, maybe you should try being a little more self-aware?? A lot of veteran commanders pay attention to other commanders who aren't on their server. Clearly this doesn't apply to you.

Anything you say is not gonna change the fact that SoS is 1st now on Victory Points and that ele commander made that possible.

You guys saying that SoS only wins fight when they outnumber the enemies.

And yet, pulling a .8 K/D ratio. The only server in T1 less than 1.0.

claps

who cares about kdr anyway? lol. i don't care. i played pvp for more than 3 years straight without touching any other game mode on this game. you don't win a match by having the most number of kills, there is no deathmatch mode of pvp on this game. you might as well just play a shooting game if you're into that.

Magumma use to win matches all the time with KDR

@"kash.9213" said:

You wrote a lot for nothing. The guy could have explained all that but he wrote his post the way he wrote it.

How would you know what I'm thinking? I wouldn't ask why a "pug" would care about that. Most "pugs" are someones guildy at this point, most people aren't questioning stuff like that and are probably asking questions about what they need to bring. Of course some don't, that's the case with any game mode. You basically agreed with me but felt the need to get up your own kitten a bit.

Because being in a guild automatically means you know what you are doing and are better than pugs. :5head: I can assure you, there are many guilds out there who are worse than an average pug.

No to be 'that guy' but you people realize that it is stuff like this that breaks communities and bottlenecks the mode, right?

When servers get reputations of being the "best", the "best for pugs" or the "friendliest to pugs", that is when they see transfers deep into full. Then they subsequently get locked and may get unlinked. Then whatever made those servers appealing to begin with is ruined and those behind that transfers off or stops being friendly. Then people like you (you, the would-be reader of this) call those players and groups out when in reality: You are the problem, not them, you and the system. They may eventually become toxic, but that is often preceeded by a majority influx of players who are not willing to help, adapt or let themselves be lead. That is toxic even though it is rarely noticed as such (egoism is easily as toxic as profanities or frustrations turning to requests to demands or call-outs). That comes with players who often see themselves entitled to the content while wanting to play their own way - expecting the PvP of WvW to be inconsequential like the mentoring of PvE farms. Things like that does not factor in full servers, full maps - or that the groups who create pickup content and share that - are dependent upon recruitment and access to their friends who help out on both maps and servers. That is, in its most bare bones summary, what kills WvW under the existing system.

The best way to approach a server is to go there with the intention of helping out with the content creation. Don't look to join a server, look to join a guild that participates in public content creation.

@Ganz.3917 said:

@"PrinceValentine.9320" said:

who cares about kdr anyway? lol. i don't care. i played pvp for more than 3 years straight without touching any other game mode. you don't win a match by having the most number of kills, there is no deathmatch mode of pvp on this game. you might as well just play a shooting game if you're into that.

https://ibb.co/KrWKFL1

SoS must be really bad.. look at the Victory Points and the Warscore. Lmao

The reason SoS is really good when it comes to the pugmanding is because of the pugmander. I have never seen that commander lose his/her cool, very charismatic when it comes to giving directions to the members of the squad and also the scouts on other maps and very welcoming to the newbies of the game mode.

The reason SoS is really good when it comes to the pugmanding is because of the pugmander. I have never seen that commander lose his/her cool, very charismatic when it comes to giving directions to the members of the squad and also the scouts on other maps and very welcoming to the newbies of the game mode.

You very special keep up the good work...make your server proud!

No one is jealous of your server coming in "first"...expect maybe DB and BG

@QuickRain.4735 said:

Is that your comeback? Lol. You must be an Einstein irl.

Oh no you got me...what will I do...

@QuickRain.4735 said:

I don't even get why you keep responding with stuff that's not even related to the original post. Lol. Pathetic.

I don't even get why you keep responding with stuff that's not even related to the original post. Lol. Pathetic.

I don't even get why you think victory points and warscore mean anything. Pathetic.

I don't even get why you keep responding with stuff that's not even related to the original post. Lol.
Pathetic

Aren't you doing the same thing? I even said keep up the good work! here I was being super nice! Big words hurt....will cry now.

I commanded on Devona's Rest and Crystal Desert. Devona's Rest with Kyros Guild and Crystal Desert with Mint Guild. I can say that I had some shortcomings when I was still pugmanding, I don't think I have the same patience as this pugmander on SoS. That's why I am very impressed and I decided to transfer to SoS. So this is my recommendation for people who are looking for a server with a friendly pug squad.

Enough said.

@"PrinceValentine.9320" said:I commanded on Devona's Rest and Crystal Desert. Devona's Rest with Kyros Guild and Crystal Desert with Mint Guild. I can say that I had some shortcomings when I was still pugmanding, I don't think I have the same patience as this pugmander on SoS. That's why I am very impressed and I decided to transfer to SoS. So this is my recommendation for people who are looking for a server with a friendly pug squad.

Enough said.

Re-read the initial post since you have a fascination with telling other people to stay on topic. Look at the last two points:

*2. Players are generally skilled enough so that fights are often enjoyable, come on voice chat, and follow commands instead of scattering like a swarm of pewpewing locusts

1. I'm most after the fights but I don't want an extreme imbalance between PPT/fights*

FIGHTS. SoS does not fight, and when they do they die. Hence the .8 k/d. Most people do not find that enjoyable.

If you think warscore makes you skilled I feel bad for you. Play a real competitive game, there's plenty on the market, if you want to have an ego about being on a leaderboard. In any esports game I'd consider sos and it's general player base to be ultra casual. I'd also consider you to be ultra casual and low tier for having such a terrible outlook on game systems and the community at large. There's nothing wrong with being casual or enjoying the way other casuals play but let's not convince ourselves that we're skilled because we can ppt and run from fights. Like you said, it's pathetic and I feel bad for you.

@LetoII.3782 said:I'm really impressed nobody brought up the aussie swarm yetOr did i ruin it -_-

I don't have anything against sos or what Claire's doing, I just think it's silly to have an ego over a game without a real competitive system. Posting imgur links to warscore only shows to us that they're a bad player trying to justify their own ego with a metric that doesn't mean anything.

@Mixes.7164 said:

If you think warscore makes you skilled I feel bad for you. Play a real competitive game, there's plenty on the market, if you want to have an ego about being on a leaderboard. In any esports game I'd consider sos and it's general player base to be ultra casual. I'd also consider you to be ultra casual and low tier for having such a terrible outlook on game systems and the community at large. There's nothing wrong with being casual or enjoying the way other casuals play but let's not convince ourselves that we're skilled because we can ppt and run from fights. Like you said, it's pathetic and I feel bad for you.

Let me say this again, gw2 has no deathmatch mode on any of its pvp content like SPVP or WvW. So your kdr doesn't really matter. You can go ahead and fight and kill other players on open fields but main focus of the game is to capture to win. Is this a really hard concept for you to understand?

And what's wrong about being casual? You did make it sound that it's terrible. Do you even make money out of this game? As far as I know, gw2 left the e-sports scene when spirit rangers were still a thing on Spvp.

If you're really into kdr, this game is not for you. You may as well just play a shooting game. You can boast about your kdr over there.

Let me say this again, gw2 has no deathmatch mode on any of its pvp content like SPVP or WvW. So your kdr doesn't really matter. You can go ahead and fight and kill other players on open fields but main focus of the game is to capture to win. Is this a really hard concept for you to understand?

And what's wrong about being casual? You did make it sound that it's terrible. Do you even make money out of this game? As far as I know, gw2 left the e-sports scene when spirit rangers were still a thing on Spvp.

If you're really into kdr, this game is not for you. You may as well just play a shooting game. You can boast about your kdr over there.

Sorry to break it to you, but not everything is about you. Read OP, OP wants fights. When you look for fights, you typically want to win said fights. Stay on topic please.

And what's wrong about being casual? Do you even make money out of this game? As far as I know, gw2 left the e-sports scene when spirit rangers were still a thing on Spvp.

Grade 1 called and told me you're failing reading comprehension.

If you want to be on a server that's low skill, runs from fights and only ppts then have at her. Just don't tell people it makes you good or that you're "winning." What exactly are you winning anyways? A chance to play against the same server for months with no variation and being stuck sitting in your third on eb until a couple roamers fart in your direction and you get 2 bags? Wow yeah I'm real jealous of you. Top tier player over here, very skilled, deserving of your massive ego.