Best NA Server for WvW PUGs?

Lord Meowalot.3690

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:

who cares about kdr anyway? lol. i don't care. i played pvp for more than 3 years straight without touching any other game mode. you don't win a match by having the most number of kills, there is no deathmatch mode of pvp on this game. you might as well just play a shooting game if you're into that.

There's your first mistake, assuming you can 'win' WvW.

SoS must be really bad.. look at the Victory Points and the Warscore. Lmao

The reason SoS is really good when it comes to the pugmanding is because of the pugmander. I have never seen that commander lose his/her cool, very charismatic when it comes to giving directions to the members of the squad and also the scouts on other maps and very welcoming to the newbies of the game mode.

If you think warscore makes you skilled I feel bad for you. Play a real competitive game, there's plenty on the market, if you want to have an ego about being on a leaderboard. In any esports game I'd consider sos and it's general player base to be ultra casual. I'd also consider you to be ultra casual and low tier for having such a terrible outlook on game systems and the community at large. There's nothing wrong with being casual or enjoying the way other casuals play but let's not convince ourselves that we're skilled because we can ppt and run from fights. Like you said, it's pathetic and I feel bad for you.

Let me say this again, gw2 has no deathmatch mode on any of its pvp content like SPVP or WvW. So your kdr doesn't really matter. You can go ahead and fight and kill other players on open fields but main focus of the game is to capture to win. Is this a really hard concept for you to understand?

And what's wrong about being casual? You did make it sound that it's terrible. Do you even make money out of this game? As far as I know, gw2 left the e-sports scene when spirit rangers were still a thing on Spvp.

If you're really into kdr, this game is not for you. You may as well just play a shooting game. You can boast about your kdr over there.

If kdr doesn't mean anything, a players use of their builds should. By design fighting and siege shouldn't be separated but also by design they're allowed to be because we can come in after each other and flip anything quickly. A structure can be heavily equipped but if there's only a handful in there to defend it's going down, especially if they have to split their efforts on more than one wall. Currently the only real deciding factor is how fast can all of the fighters get there to defend and can they fight what's there, or, what time of day it is.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:2 warscore per kill. Technically, it does matter.As far as spirit of competition goes, I guess some of us are playing a real estate acquisition game?

I want waterfront please.

Boardwalk is a fools gambit.Red/yellow is the
real
killer

Orange and purple for the win.

Oh does money grow on trees in bgbl?

Edit: nvm i was thinking green/blue.Filthy peasant

@"PrinceValentine.9320" said:Let me say this again, gw2 has no deathmatch mode on any of its pvp content like SPVP or WvW. So your kdr doesn't really matter. You can go ahead and fight and kill other players on open fields but main focus of the game is to capture to win. Is this a really hard concept for you to understand?

And what's wrong about being casual? You did make it sound that it's terrible. Do you even make money out of this game? As far as I know, gw2 left the e-sports scene when spirit rangers were still a thing on Spvp.

If you're really into kdr, this game is not for you. You may as well just play a shooting game. You can boast about your kdr over there.

SPvP has it's 2v2 swiss tournament mode which, per definition, is TDM.

WvW has always had GvG both as spontaneous on-map content and as player-run events. That ArenaNet has gone out of their way to try to ruin it doesn't change that. It doesn't have to be a separate mode to exist or to be something that you could participate in if you wanted to.

I think most people posting here or who have played WvW since the game came out understands that PPT has a larger impact on score than PPK (or that the mode is most fun when both of those things can go hand in hand, since PPK matters more when PPT is even or vice versa). However, they also know, in EU especially, that the PPT side of things have always been broken (hence the calls for population balance and scoring changes since 2012). That is why so few people care about it now as the PPT has always been less about who is the most successful at actually PPT'ing.

It has always been more about who has the most players (even though the game is built for equal sides), who has stacked the most players from the "wrong" region (thus operating outside of the idealistic rules) or what servers are allowed to operate outside of the physical rules (not being full/closed when other servers become so). That is why no one who has a fundamental understanding about PPT or even cares about the holistic idea of PPT and PPK together attributes any value into PPT or the ladder. Those "PPK haters" are right when they say that #1 isn't #1 and never really has been. If you then want to engage in PPT or play casually because you enjoy that on a personal level, knock yourself out. It is fine until you start rubbing it in people's faces, grandstand, make false statements or diminish any real objective issues other players may have.

That said, people could obviously always be nicer or more constructive when they talk :3

1. Frequently has skilled commanders that enjoy leading PUG groups

There are only a handful of tags I'd consider genuinely skilled that aren't reliant on; having a map Q to back them, only playing aggressive during off hours, or parking alts to tag watch.Most of the good pug tags don't tag often either. They roll with their guilds, roam, or join other tags instead.

1. Players are generally skilled enough so that fights are often enjoyable, come on voice chat, and follow commands instead of scattering like a swarm of pewpewing locusts.

Anvil Rock, Fort Aspenwood, Blackgate, and Maguuma are the only NA servers with consistently positive KDR and pugs capable of handling themselves without a tag. I don't know about voice comms, but all of these servers often work better individually/as a cloud.Meaning, if you're looking for a server with players that will follow a tag, join Discord, and are generally competent fighters, there isn't one. All the servers with good fighters tend to play tagless more so than with.

1. I'm most after the fights but I don't want an extreme imbalance between PPT/fights

Again, probably won't find it. Servers that like fights tend to focus heavily on that, and servers that like PPT often wipe to half their numbers depending on who they're up against.

NA isn't completely absent of skilled players and guilds, but you're unlikely to find what you're looking for here. EU is a lot more "serious" in regard to comps and pugs willing to follow a commander, where as NA is a free-for-all.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:2 warscore per kill. Technically, it does matter.As far as spirit of competition goes, I guess some of us are playing a real estate acquisition game?

I want waterfront please.

Boardwalk is a fools gambit.Red/yellow is the
real
killer

Orange and purple for the win.

Oh does money grow on trees in bgbl?

Edit: nvm i was thinking green/blue.Filthy peasant

We can nickel and dime with the best.

Of course evidently not like the kings of SoS.

@QuickRain.4735 said:

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:Oh yeah? Guess what squad brought SoS to 1st now on VP on Tier 1. Do you guys even command pugs or you're just so used to running with your guildies? People will not follow you if you're not popular. You're not popular enough for me to know you and I've been playing with SoS for some months now. I don't think anyone from your guild can even get the same number of followers that this ele commander is constantly getting, to follow you.

Quickrain's not on SoS so I guess the joke's on you? Or maybe you're just a joke? For someone accusing another of being too self-important, maybe you should try being a little more self-aware?? A lot of veteran commanders pay attention to other commanders who aren't on their server. Clearly this doesn't apply to you.

Anything you say is not gonna change the fact that SoS is 1st now on Victory Points and that ele commander made that possible.

You guys saying that SoS only wins fight when they outnumber the enemies.

And yet, pulling a .8 K/D ratio. The only server in T1 less than 1.0.

claps

who cares about kdr anyway? lol. i don't care. i played pvp for more than 3 years straight without touching any other game mode on this game. you don't win a match by having the most number of kills, there is no deathmatch mode of pvp on this game. you might as well just play a shooting game if you're into that.

Magumma use to win matches all the time with KDR

Until they realised it kept them out of t4 where they really belong against empty servers.

@cobbah.3102 said:

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:Oh yeah? Guess what squad brought SoS to 1st now on VP on Tier 1. Do you guys even command pugs or you're just so used to running with your guildies? People will not follow you if you're not popular. You're not popular enough for me to know you and I've been playing with SoS for some months now. I don't think anyone from your guild can even get the same number of followers that this ele commander is constantly getting, to follow you.

Quickrain's not on SoS so I guess the joke's on you? Or maybe you're just a joke? For someone accusing another of being too self-important, maybe you should try being a little more self-aware?? A lot of veteran commanders pay attention to other commanders who aren't on their server. Clearly this doesn't apply to you.

Anything you say is not gonna change the fact that SoS is 1st now on Victory Points and that ele commander made that possible.

You guys saying that SoS only wins fight when they outnumber the enemies.

And yet, pulling a .8 K/D ratio. The only server in T1 less than 1.0.

claps

who cares about kdr anyway? lol. i don't care. i played pvp for more than 3 years straight without touching any other game mode on this game. you don't win a match by having the most number of kills, there is no deathmatch mode of pvp on this game. you might as well just play a shooting game if you're into that.

Magumma use to win matches all the time with KDR

Until they realised it kept them out of t4 where they really belong against empty servers.

They're Voltroned with NSP again this link so there's gonna be "empty servers" all the way up to t1 again \o/

Mag is reaping the rewards of a 2v1 alliance to see them out of T4 right now. Will they achieve the same success in higher tiers? Maybe, if NSP can PPT everything that's not EBG. It's always been a challenge for Mag to play outside of mother's watchful gaze, so let's hope NSP can keep it up

@"Cael.3960" said:Mag is reaping the rewards of a 2v1 alliance to see them out of T4 right now. Will they achieve the same success in higher tiers? Maybe, if NSP can PPT everything that's not EBG. It's always been a challenge for Mag to play outside of mother's watchful gaze, so let's hope NSP can keep it up

I don't know why it's so hard for some people to understand that Mag DOES NOT CARE about PPT. They live in EBG because it's high action and fastest to traverse to get to a fight. All the server does is call where zergs/groups are, everyone congregates in that area to fight it off, rinse and repeat. If there's a group to fight somewhere that isn't moving but constantly regrouping (common places for this to occur are at Ogrewatch, SMC side of Green Keep, and at the ruins choke of Blue Keep), they will stay there and fight endlessly until action dries up.

No one cares if they lose the match, and no one cares if an objective flips. A "2v1 alliance", which right now it isn't, would be something Mag would enjoy because it means they don't have to go anywhere for action.The only way to annoy the server is to do what BG does and dodge the cloud by staying off EBG.

@Shroud.2307 said:

@"Cael.3960" said:Mag is reaping the rewards of a 2v1 alliance to see them out of T4 right now. Will they achieve the same success in higher tiers? Maybe, if NSP can PPT everything that's not EBG. It's always been a challenge for Mag to play outside of mother's watchful gaze, so let's hope NSP can keep it up

I don't know why it's so hard for some people to understand that Mag DOES NOT CARE about PPT. They live in EBG because it's high action and fastest to traverse to get to a fight. All the server does is call where zergs/groups are, everyone congregates in that area to fight it off, rinse and repeat. If there's a group to fight somewhere that isn't moving but constantly regrouping
(common places for this to occur are at Ogrewatch, SMC side of Green Keep, and at the ruins choke of Blue Keep),
they will stay there and fight endlessly until action dries up.

No one cares if they lose the match, and no one cares if an objective flips. A "2v1 alliance", which right now it isn't, would be something Mag would enjoy because it means they don't have to go anywhere for action.The only way to annoy the server is to do what BG does and dodge the cloud by staying off EBG.

Doesn't CTH still run on the borderlands though?

@Shroud.2307 said:

I don't know why it's so hard for some people to understand that Mag DOES NOT CARE about PPT. They live in EBG because it's high action and fastest to traverse to get to a fight. All the server does is call where zergs/groups are, everyone congregates in that area to fight it off, rinse and repeat. If there's a group to fight somewhere that isn't moving but constantly regrouping
(common places for this to occur are at Ogrewatch, SMC side of Green Keep, and at the ruins choke of Blue Keep),

Some true, some false.

True - mag doesn’t care about ppt.

True - we like Ebg for the access to fast fights.

False - we don’t care about what tier we are in. Idealy we want quality fights throughout the day.

False - we don’t like to lose a match if it means staying red or being in t4.

I speak for all of mag.

Plz n ty

@Chaba.5410 said:

Doesn't CTH still run on the borderlands though?

True, yes. I'm not sure about [boB], but they were very PPT focused as well. So Mag isn't completely absent of guilds that work the BL's, just that there aren't many.

@lordmeowalot.8135 said:Hi all!

I'm looking to transfer from EU to NA and am looking for a server with a healthy public community, namely:

2. Players are generally skilled enough so that fights are often enjoyable, come on voice chat, and follow commands instead of scattering like a swarm of pewpewing locusts
  3. I'm most after the fights but I don't want an extreme imbalance between PPT/fights

I don't mind there being lots of guilds as long as 1-3 are there (anyway, it seem like its often guild members who lead) but I don't have the schedule to allow joining a hardcore guild at the moment.

Would greatly appreciate any recommendations, thanks!

As far as average skill level, mag pugs are leagues ahead of other pugs from different servers. Mag is also very fight oriented. However, we don't (rarely) use voice coms. Frankly we don't need to, as we just steamroll through most groups anyway.

@jul.7602 said:

@lordmeowalot.8135 said:Hi all!

I'm looking to transfer from EU to NA and am looking for a server with a healthy public community, namely:
  2. Players are generally skilled enough so that fights are often enjoyable, come on voice chat, and follow commands instead of scattering like a swarm of pewpewing locusts
  3. I'm most after the fights but I don't want an extreme imbalance between PPT/fights

I don't mind there being lots of guilds as long as 1-3 are there (anyway, it seem like its often guild members who lead) but I don't have the schedule to allow joining a hardcore guild at the moment.

As far as average skill level, mag pugs are leagues ahead of other pugs from different servers. Mag is also very fight oriented. However, we don't (rarely) use voice coms. Frankly we don't need to, as we just steamroll through most groups anyway.

I'm bad, I've been linked with them twice and still don't know any of the guilds. I actually don't even know my own servers guilds anymore after a couple years of guilds transferring in and out of there aside from a couple maybe. NSP doesn't have the largest core of pugs who can just pick up and go but they're easy to cover because they read each other and know when to set up something to rush or bounce. Mag pugs are similar, I know if I open something up they'll jump on it and I don't feel like it's wasted effort when I cover people to walk in or out of something. I like builds that can move around and rethink stuff.

There are good pug pockets all over but some servers might have more organized guilds filling up a map and if more of them are all about do or die pushes, there won't be enough of a self serving tail or floaters around to drag out a fight. If I was OP and didn't have the funds to transfer I'd keep eating shit for awhile and make a show of helping people out and trying to synergize with their builds and comps as much as a floating group can and some people might take the hint and pick some of that up over time.

@jul.7602 said:

@"lordmeowalot.8135" said:Hi all!

The biggest problem of talking up a server's pugs is you end up getting transfers of people who mostly are just there to feel as if they're highly skilled when all that's really happening is they're getting carried, especially when the numbers increase to "steamroll" levels.

In the past it was guilds I remember like VR on Mag that were actually fights oriented. They didn't hang out constantly in EBG hugging SMC siege and didn't use numbers to steamroll.

Chaba nowadays I think it's just IV and CL for fight focused guilds. Every couple months or so TIE will fire up for about a month or two before retiring again. Most of Maguuma exists as a pug cloud or little roaming groups like KRAB and BURN. That being said, it's still the most fun I've had in gw2 because it's no pressure, plenty of action, reliable teammates and amusing teamchat.