Can we move Lunar Fest back to Shing Jea Monastery as preview for expansion :3

It should remain in core Tyria for those that are F2P or don't have the new expansion. The citizens of Tyria should also be able to celebrate it as well without having to go to Cantha. That's not saying that Anet couldn't do something special in Cantha for the festivals after it's released. Given that they haven't added a city instance since 2012, and every city since has been on an open map, it's very unlikely that they'll change direction for Cantha. It's "possible" but I just don't see it happening. Without a city instance, it's unlikely those without the expansion will be able to participate. Leaving it in DR is also low effort for Anet as the assets are already in place leaving them more time to focus on other projects.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:It should remain in core Tyria for those that are F2P or don't have the new expansion. The citizens of Tyria should also be able to celebrate it as well without having to go to Cantha. That's not saying that Anet couldn't do something special in Cantha for the festivals after it's released. Given that they haven't added a city instance since 2012, and every city since has been on an open map, it's very unlikely that they'll change direction for Cantha. It's "possible" but I just don't see it happening. Without a city instance, it's unlikely those without the expansion will be able to participate. Leaving it in DR is also low effort for Anet as the assets are already in place leaving them more time to focus on other projects.

As much as I'd like the nostalgia of doing the Lunar event in Shing Jea, you're probably correct...though, the campaign for GW1 were buy to play just the like the expansions are. Though, that reminds me, need to check into GW1 to see if the old Lunar event is up yet....

I like the idea of doing it in both cities. Lunar New Year is currently one of the most minimal festivals so more content would be nice and it would make sense for some stuff to happen in Cantha.

In GW1 they would often split festivals between cities, with a lot of stuff duplicated and then a few unique quests or activities in each one. They could do something similar here with Shing Jea duplicates of all the current vendors and activities and then some bonus stuff.

@crepuscular.9047 said:as the title suggests, can we have a preview to Shing Jea Monastery? and be there permanently instead of divinity's reach from now on?

What a wonderful idea! <3 Not sure, though, there is enough time to make this change. But it definitely is something to think about for next year. :)

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It should remain in core Tyria for those that are F2P or don't have the new expansion.

Well, it would be a separate instance accessible to everyone, of course.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Without a city instance, it's unlikely those without the expansion will be able to participate.

from lore perspective i think Shing Jea Monastery will be a city instance, since it's a sanctuary for students to learn.

Even without a city instance I believe the tech is already in place, think of Lily of Elon, it's an open area in the world map that can only enter if if have the pass in your inventory, so a flipped version; where people without the expansion can travel there via portal, they can see what's happening outside the monastery but they can't get out without the expansion.

@Galmac.4680 said:Why not in both cities? (Same instances, vendors, events...)

Divinity's Reach have the most festivals, Lunar New Year, Festival of 4 Winds, Wintersday, it's as if other races does not have their own culture festivals to celebrate

@Ashantara.8731 said:What a wonderful idea! <3 Not sure, though, there is enough time to make this change. But it definitely is something to think about for next year. :)

yeah, rip :cry: festival came out right after i made the post

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@Galmac.4680 said:Why not in both cities? (Same instances, vendors, events...)

Divinity's Reach have the most festivals, Lunar New Year, Festival of 4 Winds, Wintersday, it's as if other races does not have their own culture festivals to celebrate

It's because a lot of the festivals are carried over from GW1 where humans were the only playable race (asura and norn were only introduced in the last expansion, and sylvari were only hinted at). So everything in that game was human focused, including the festivals.

Personally I think when they were developing GW2 they should have planned to have at least 1 festival for each city/race, spaced out through the year. But it's a bit late for that now.