Infinite gathering from Gem store

The gathering tools gain the bonus ability via a glyph socketed into the item. These glyphs can also be bought on the trading post. There is no single best glyph as it really depends on what you want or need. For example, the glyph providing bonus Leather will be strong value, but you may prefer bonus Cloth, Wood or Ore Glyphs depending on your needs.

As such I would suggest buying whatever the cheapest tools are when you are ready, knowing you can always buy and move around the glyph based bonuses.

There are some very good and current videos on YouTube helping explain these Glyphs and providing you with detailed info on what might be best for you.

Given that bonuses from gathering are from glyphs nowadays I would say some of the more worthwhile ones include:

• Watchwork pick with watchwork sprocket generation glyph worth ~150-200g (each sprocket is around 2 silvers)
  • Firestorm Logging Tool with glyph of industry (faster gathering) worth ~300g
  • Skyscale Hatchling Harvesting Tool with glyph of reaping (gathers in a radius) worth ~400-600g which is useful for winterberry farming
  • Unbound tools , because it is likely you will have a shortage of unbound magic unless you park characters in LS3 maps ; also supposedly fastest tools as far as animation for logging and mining

I'm sure people that PvE more often will have some input on this as well.

@Mungo Zen.9364 said:The gathering tools gain the bonus ability via a glyph socketed into the item. These glyphs can also be bought on the trading post. There is no single best glyph as it really depends on what you want or need. For example, the glyph providing bonus Leather will be strong value, but you may prefer bonus Cloth, Wood or Ore Glyphs depending on your needs.

As such I would suggest buying whatever the cheapest tools are when you are ready, knowing you can always buy and move around the glyph based bonuses.

There are some very good and current videos on YouTube helping explain these Glyphs and providing you with detailed info on what might be best for you.

@BeastNHisHarlot.4865All Glyphs are identitical to what is on Infinite Gathering Tools (those that are sold with a Glyph; there are also those w/o Glyphs - see wiki) and can be moved around each tool (those are only skinns). Most in @"Infusion.7149" list are also the best Infinite Gatering Tools. If gather iron in Thunderhead Peaks (there are a small group nodes for Iron close by eachother), then changing Glyphs from Skyskale Hatchling to a tool that gather iron will collect several of these at once, same when we talk about Syntheziser's that will find in WvW, in Home Instances and Guild Halls that are close to eachother. It cut down time that you would otherwise need to move from node to node.

I will also add that Timekeeper's (33 % chance to collect all in one strike) is a very good option. When you are lucky it can happens several times after eachother cutting down time to gather. You can test these Glyphs by purchasing Enhanced Gatering Tools form NPC in Lion's Arch (see link for more places/NPCs).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gathering_Merchant

I'd say volatile gathering tool.

Also some tools have some niche benefits besides the speed:Unbound Harvesting Sickle - Strikes once and gathers all possible chances for additional strikes (gathering halls)Choya Mining Pick - Requires only 2 strikes on rich nodes rather than 3 (gathers 5 strikes)