Cheat/Exploit

Raven Wings.8379

@CronicDemise.4635 said:

Agreed. Our server was linked with FC, and now facing against FC, and the hacking is unreal. Two players have been teleporting to lords in towers and keeps - no damage to walls/gates, not showing up on the map when the balloon is right overhead.

how dare you accuse them players with cheating, you'll be banned with higher probability than those cheater. wait for it, the forum mods will contact you with warning and wouldn't even care with what you reported.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:my fav was the engi that got downed and stopped taking dmg (from six people on dmg classes hitting on him) at 20%ish HP left in downstate, gaining invuln trait ("determined") till he was healed up again. in mid of outer SM. ah, was probably only skill.

speaking of engi, my guild was doing a daily raid in Desert BL and while in Air Keep we downed a loner engi outside the south inner gate. Trying to kill him, he vanishes and appears in the feet of his allies at the stairs outside the lord room lmao!

Must be some new downed skills for engi :)

teleport hackers alike have been seen of all classes on various servers, yeah @Grand Marshal.4098 it's like a new kind of downed skill, they can apparently use several blinks to move away...

@XerMeLL.6042 and @"CronicDemise.4635" well, even from a neutral view it makes not a lot of sense to think those people are serverbound. everyone hops servers like crazy due to this flawed system called "links"... so these people might have yet moved while u report it. i'd try to report it if u see it, on either side of the coin. like... there just is no downstate skill alike. mesmer ports u like a babyamount of space away, 100 or so, thief similar.ish not targetted to your allies, not 1200 range.

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:my fav was the engi that got downed and stopped taking dmg (from six people on dmg classes hitting on him) at 20%ish HP left in downstate, gaining invuln trait ("determined") till he was healed up again. in mid of outer SM. ah, was probably only skill.

speaking of engi, my guild was doing a daily raid in Desert BL and while in Air Keep we downed a loner engi outside the south inner gate. Trying to kill him, he vanishes and appears in the feet of his allies at the stairs outside the lord room lmao!

Must be some new downed skills for engi :)Well, the real question is...
did you truly down him by the south gate
?

You can say yes... the server can say no. Desync happen constantly.

My best example is still pulling someone in, trying to hit him and then hitting air, followed by him teleporting 2000+ distance.

As I proclaimed "wtf I pulled him?!" my guildmates was like "eh no you didn't, he ran off".

• Haha 1

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Must be some new downed skills for engi :)Well, the real question is...
did you truly down him by the south gate
?

You can say yes... the server can say no. Desync happen constantly.

My best example is still pulling someone in, trying to hit him and then hitting air, followed by him teleporting 2000+ distance.

As I proclaimed
"kitten I pulled him?!"
my guildmates was like
"eh no you didn't, he ran off"

My bad for not wording it properly, we downed him in the outside of the inner gate and were cleaving him, but he vanished and appeared at the stairs much to everyone's surprise.

There is a ranger that always shoots people from underground. It is not underwater because the incident happened outside Ogrewatch tower on the Red side of the EBG Map, The damage meter show that I am getting hit by "something platinum something hits you for xx damage with [Rapid Fire] "

There were 2 necromancers yesterday on Sanctum of Rall Borderland that can stealth.

@CronicDemise.4635 said:Agreed. Our server was linked with FC, and now facing against FC, and the hacking is unreal. Two players have been teleporting to lords in towers and keeps - no damage to walls/gates, not showing up on the map when the balloon is right overhead.

Not to discredit your accusation or anything but do these players happen to be thieves? If so .... the situation you described might actually be within the limitations of the game...Then again ... yes there are comparatively a lot of hackers running around nowadays ...

@"SweetPotato.7456" said:There is a ranger that always shoots people from underground. It is not underwater because the incident happened outside Ogrewatch tower on the Red side of the EBG Map, The damage meter show that I am getting hit by "something platinum something hits you for xx damage with [Rapid Fire] "

There were 2 necromancers yesterday on Sanctum of Rall Borderland that can stealth.

Ive come across a norn necro that stealthed...it was due to one of the norn elites tho. Could it have been that, or a nearby thief?

at least in wvw, can vouch for the higher number of cheaters/hackers in FC (or their linked server) than normal - such as a ranger that floats/is invuln all the way from klovan to wildcreek against multiple enemies. but sadly, anet realizes that actually banning those players/accounts will reduce the player base even more, so the cheaters j ust get away with it haha cries. per @ https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/121390/an-update-on-game-security-and-player-reporting-in-guild-wars-2#latest - "We believe in giving every player an opportunity to correct their behavior and become a positive part of the Guild Wars 2 community. Suspensions (temporary) and bans (permanent) are different actions; we only ban accounts for severe infractions or repeated offenses."...

guess what, these players are cheaters are heart will NEVER correct their behavior. even if they do get suspended (unlikely) or banned (even more unlikely), they'll just make alts and keep ruining the game for those of us playing legitimately. living world eps and an expansion can't save the game from that when it ruins 2 of the game modes (wvw, pvp) so severely. rip gw2.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@"SweetPotato.7456" said:There is a ranger that always shoots people from underground. It is not underwater because the incident happened outside Ogrewatch tower on the Red side of the EBG Map, The damage meter show that I am getting hit by "something platinum something hits you for xx damage with [Rapid Fire] "

Ive come across a norn necro that stealthed...it was due to one of the norn elites tho. Could it have been that, or a nearby thief?

Very sure it is not a norn elite.

At first I thought they are a thief with perma stealth hitting me. A friend asked me to look at the "combat" log in chat, when I got so annoyed and started to say it was a stupid thief hitting me while invisible. Combat log says different, was a ranger.

We are not even in combat at that time, just hanging around away from the fight, one other players was downed , we tried to rez them, then I was downed. Super Annoying. was a really high level player too, if not mistaken, a platinum rank.

That was not the only time players hacked to the underground. Another example was a player in a Charr Car who went under Aspen Borderland Hill Keep (I forgot if it was Sandaran or Askalion, was one of them) we use shields, try to shoot with ranger barrage, can't even see where they are, we only hear the sound made by the charr car, and they eventually took down the wall.

Reported that ranger by Support Ticket and supplied undeniable picture proof of what he was doing. Haven't seen that person since . Just doing a report bott in this case wouldn't work because nobody could target the hacker . Go with a Support Ticket and supply as much picture proof as you can . Video proof would be even better . A support ticket allows you to add evidence where the quick report does not. By hovering your cursor over the orange dot in the mini map , it showed that the person was many units below ground.But it still leaves me wondering as to how much of a waste of space and oxygen a person needs to be to have to cheat on a video game.

@"Uthrax.4975" said:It's going on right now on BG/FC/SOS.....two FC hacking right to lords on towers and keeps, over and over......this is ridiculous.

i played that the other day on my old ranger. it was disappointing. not only was our "commander' using cheats to see the enemy commanders and admitting to it, but anytime i downed someone they popped defiance went invuln and ported away.

There should only be two ways to access pvp/wvw mode and neither should be free.

1) buy a 1 week duration ticket from the gem store for 1500 or more gems.2) buy the elite edition of pof for a permanent ticket.

won't eliminate the cheating, but will make it not quite as easy to recover from the ban since you don't need to actually buy anything to ruin other people's fun in this game.

• Like 1