The Fields of ruin DRM one shot mechanic for the Destroyer was fine, the telegraph wasn't

Vancho.8750

Fixed a bug in which the Incinerating Shock Wave effect applied by the Destroyer of the Third Fortress inflicted 20 times the player's health in damage rather than the intended 20% of the player's health in damage.Kinda wish they intended it like it was and change telegraph, but it is probably easier to change the numbers then the animation so its fine. They could keep the one shot mech for future bosses though with better animation that is.What do you think about other "Harder" mechanics ? Would it be fine to have more of those with CMs?

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:The Telegraph didn't seem off to me, I saw it coming each time and have manged to not get hit by it so far.

I'm probably conflating the what indicates the attack is about to happen and the visual indicator of the damage field. The visual indicator of the damage field was the issue as you could be outside it and still take damage. There was also a brief time after it disappeared that you could still take damage. It honestly doesn't matter too much anymore now that the damage was fixed.

You have like 2 seconds to move out of it. Even after nerf I see people who die to this simple mechanic and not just once... My only problem would be that condi field this aoe inflicts lasts too long, which throws burning at you even after it disappears. Not mentioning the fact that with decent group you just skip it with dps.Community of this game is not prepared for 1 shot mechanics outside raids.

Well Arenanet agreed with you:Updated the Challenge Mode variant of the Incinerating Shock Wave skill used by the champion boss in the Fields of Ruin Dragon Response Mission. The telegraph for this skill should now match the radius of the initial impact. Additionally, the persistent fire-field effect is now enveloped by a red ring to denote the size of the damage radius. This skill has been updated such that the initial impact will deal significantly more damage. Don't stand in the fire!https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/122824/game-update-notes-february-2-2021

I just don't like how the meteor AOE does an instant KB + Dmge upon impact and another set of KB + Dmge on the following shock wave which reaches WAY OUTSIDE OF THE AOE INDICATOR.

Other than that... meh I guess. The One Shot fire field is fine as long as you run away as he cast it or something and dodge the follow up pull skill which he sometimes do (rare times is he does it two in a row after the AOE slam)

@Noah Salazar.5430 said:ther was any one shot mechanic?

On CM, the charge attack (slam) the boss does puts a giant fire field that when you kinda step on it. you get massive damage every quarter a second making you die in like a second or 2 (not one shot but literally kills you fast). The area is big too that they had to patch it to show how big it was and even then I noticed its not enough since you can still get damaged even if you are outside the area (think of it as an extension that is not visible - for me at least on low model quantity and quality)

If you manage to evade it (cause it has a big telegraph), you can get pulled towards it by the boss if you manage to not dodge it.