New Player / New Guild / Learning Firebrand

Lothlar.1943

try to be at the same position where your commander is. You are wasting to many pages of your tomes. normally u go into the stab tome (3rd) and just cycle though skill 4 and 5 , sometimes 3. if u use ur stab mantra as well u can stay in this tome a long time. healing and ccondi remove is normally covered by a tempest or scrapper. Your main job is to provide protective boons.

@"Danielweis.1098" said:try to be at the same position where your commander is. You are wasting to many pages of your tomes. normally u go into the stab tome (3rd) and just cycle though skill 4 and 5 , sometimes 3. if u use ur stab mantra as well u can stay in this tome a long time. healing and ccondi remove is normally covered by a tempest or scrapper. Your main job is to provide protective boons.

Thanks!> @LetoII.3782 said:

Best advice is not to take the word of posters on this forum, a lot of us are impressively clueless.Look for someone competent in your match, even an opponent, and message directly. Most people love to talk about their builds and tactics.

Will do!

-a minute long introduction is too long-start in f3, you wasted your f2 before the first fight even started-good timing on syg>hallowed ground @ 1:23-wasting cleanse mantra charges with no conditions on you or anyone else. No need to even waste those charges if you're in f3, put down resistance instead-wasting heal mantra while at range-f3 4 and 5 are wasted while you and your squad are at >1500 range. Those are two of the strongest abilities in wvw, don't cast them if your group is out of range-you skip two downs that you could've ressed. There was no damage on top of them, your group wasn't engaged, those were ideal people to res-good pull at 1:43. camping that tome without using any other pages for 12s after though was a mistake-don't camp staff, push melee. firebrands can chain aegis to soak up a melee bomb, get comfortable with being in melee during the pushes-stay on tag, you're the big boon support for your party. If you're not on tag to give them boons, you're a wasted slot-place hallowed ground where the group will be fighting, not off to the side

@RisenHowl.2419 said:-a minute long introduction is too long-start in f3, you wasted your f2 before the first fight even started-good timing on syg>hallowed ground @ 1:23-wasting cleanse mantra charges with no conditions on you or anyone else. No need to even waste those charges if you're in f3, put down resistance instead-wasting heal mantra while at range-f3 4 and 5 are wasted while you and your squad are at >1500 range. Those are two of the strongest abilities in wvw, don't cast them if your group is out of range-you skip two downs that you could've ressed. There was no damage on top of them, your group wasn't engaged, those were ideal people to res-good pull at 1:43. camping that tome without using any other pages for 12s after though was a mistake-don't camp staff, push melee. firebrands can chain aegis to soak up a melee bomb, get comfortable with being in melee during the pushes-stay on tag, you're the big boon support for your party. If you're not on tag to give them boons, you're a wasted slot-place hallowed ground where the group will be fighting, not off to the side

Super Constructive. Thanks! Gonna try these tips tonight.

Either start no tome or tome 3, you start tome 2 and your party has no stab for a long time because of this. You drop tomes before finishing all the pages; if you need to drop a tome spam 1 instead of just wasting the rest of your pages. Tome 3 you need to use skill 1 to give stab, skill 4 for resistance and skill 5 for more stab. Tome 3 skill 3 is a reflect bubble so either place it on your squad or on the enemy squad. Tome 2 skill 5 is a large healing buff that your engis want to take advantage of so call it in voice chat. T2 skill 4 is a water field that your engis want to blast so same thing. T2 skill 1 is a minor heal so use it to supplement your engi, as well as skill 2 for off cleanse if you need. Elite mantra is a stun break for you and your party members if it hits them, you're too far away from your party to stun break them so you should be on tag 24/7 watching for the thick health bars (turn them on if you dont) so you can give them the support they need. Don't waste elite mantra unless you need the stab and don't have book 3 available or you/your party needs the stun break.

I'm not a firebrand main but I play a lot of support engi and it's important for me to know what my firebrand wants to be doing. Not a perfect guide but it'll help you improve at least. The biggest thing is book 3 skill 1 is your primary stab, use syg on engage and don't pump all your stab out at once or you'll just wipe your party if the fight goes long. Don't let anybody catch you wasting tomes like you do in the video anymore, very bad.

Prioritize Tome 3 when you are about to engage on a fight. Lack of Stability on your necros and other dps squad members may mean death. You may use Tome 1 when you think Scrappers need help with the heal and also when your squad is disengaging as it provides Haste and condi clear (for possible immobilize). You can use Tome 1 when your squad is ranging the enemy to pull the enemies in to one small area for maximum burst damage. I personally don't use Mantras, I use Renewed Focus instead as my Elite so I can reset my tomes when needed.

@LetoII.3782 said:Best advice is not to take the word of posters on this forum, a lot of us are impressively clueless.Look for someone competent in your match, even an opponent, and message directly. Most people love to talk about their builds and tactics.

Tactics and builds are trade secrets. It's the only thing guilds can offer their players anymore LOL

just know what your skills do, so u can use them when they suit. matter of learning.

maybe watch youtube videos of strong fighting guilds. u should be able to recognize what their firebrands do (sometimes helps to watch in slow-mo bc battles are very fast movementwise often)

in the end, a fighting guild has usually a comm who calls what to do. if u run with them on voice some months, you'll have learnt more than written words could ever teach u.