The toxicity is crazy

Crackers.9628

I was roaming as thief. Some thief killed me and started jumping and dropped siege on me. Naturally I went back and killed him this time, only for someone on my own server to start trash talking me, calling me retarded, noob, he will transfer to farm me, etc. He has in the same guild as the thief I killed.

The thief came back, and because my server mate stood on me, the thief could track my stealth and killed me. Then of course more trash talk and dropping siege.

Of course the toxicity is rampant from other servers, but how are people so awful they literally grief their own teammates? Actively helping enemy server kill your own server.

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:What server are you on?

I suggest to just block your server mate and report for Verbal Abuse. I run with a squad that do not tolerate this kind of BM (bad manners). Most servers on lower tiers are like this, I observerd. They are so stressed they can't climb up the ladder so they resort to unsportsmanlike behaviours.

The group was from Ring of Fire, I´m from FSP. They run around with a guild group, kill people and just the 3 of them start jumping and griefing. It´s insane that any group that plays together actively shows this toxic behaviour and everyone is on board with it.

@Crackers.9628 said:

I suggest to just block your server mate and report for Verbal Abuse. I run with a squad that do not tolerate this kind of BM (bad manners). Most servers on lower tiers are like this, I observerd. They are so stressed they can't climb up the ladder so they resort to unsportsmanlike behaviours.

The group was from Ring of Fire, I´m from FSP. They run around with a guild group, kill people and just the 3 of them start jumping and griefing. It´s insane that any group that plays together actively shows this toxic behaviour and everyone is on board with it.

Let them think they are cool for now. I bet they won't be laughing anymore once their account got deleted if they continue with that kind of behavior.

The most consistent thief trash talking I've seen people report comes from the SA guild. Don't remember their base of operation doe. But yeah, I got several screenshots of me getting verbally abused by another thief too . I simply don't give them attention and move on.

It's sad how people get addicted over a game and try to score kills and play as amazingly as possible just because they want to prove some type of superiority. Just take your kills, shut up and respect your enemies.

I for one had an amazing and long fight with a Holo nader (on core warrior) and when I defeated them, I bowed and told them thank you, I've never had so much fun in a 1v1 before. You don't even care about losing.

As for rangers and thieves, their builds represent them. Permastealth, sic em soulbeasts etc. Means of securing easy and fast kills, but when your target them and start ganking they get salty.

block button will be your best friend... and some ganker guilds like one that has been named yet will do kinda things. thieves tend to horribly overestimate themselves.

some try to gank once they lose battles. some try ganking straight on, and especially those triple-server roamerguilds have a thing for this... i don'T remember who this was, but i learnt that very early. me as noobwarrior gone and looked what the three thieves with same guild banner did, standing and watching each other - suddenly two of them ganked me. well, you figure out what this was.

about thieves or other roamers... i don't really want to prejudicate, but the guild name sometimes suggests what they're up to. like "we are behind your back", "satan is my idol" "systeamtic abuse" "gank squad" and a billion more that i forgot yet. some have a ton of different guild tags to hide their identity or make it seem as if it wasn't the same player.

some even create guild names to insult people from other guilds or servers.

@"Grand Marshal.4098" as a groupfighter running only zergsets, i don't see the people directly that i fight (limited models + standard models)... in the heated up blobfights or zergVSblob u don#t have time to do stuff like "bow"... and not every server has gvg possibility anymore. (mine hasn't even a gvg guild anymore afaik)

i'd never message anyone some salty things, i think that's just poor sportsmanship, while i feel the urge to do that on ganker groups surely. in reality, those are often avoidable tho. sometimes only the people respawning with you should just make a quick stand and farm them. sadly not everyone seems to be confident to do that or just afk autoruns, no idea... to be honest, if we're only two and five thieves demount one, the other should just run fast while the first should try to cc + bomb, so they cannot keep their chase up.

kills are surely a part of skill. in groups it is positioning, cooldown management, correct dodges, and kiting while dropping damage or heals (with the tag if possible, but u need also to be able to react, if he gets pulled or focused, no matter what some people may say. good tags are crazy hard to kill anyways)

toxicity... idk, people are just bored i guess. it's mostly not too bad, and IF somebody "trash talks" you, just block him. don't try to argue too much, it just makes u moody/angry or upset. no need for that. we're not in the kindergarten.

@"Ashantara.8731" still, i think the f2p has its good sides as well. if it wasn't free to try i'd not have started any MMO i feel, because i really dislike WoWs moneyscam system.

i started 3 years ago, when i had one hand pierced and unusable. couldn't do sport nor hold a controller, so i'd gave it a try. played my first warrior like 20-30 levels with only right hand thaha. after one month i got accidently into wvw, and most people been still nice. there was a deadeye always going mad on everyone bc he wanted to hold NC on alpine at every cost.. but i still never found the game's overall behaviour as "very toxic" or so.

some people may feel more toxic if they have different levels of insight (in terms of the worth of holding or just abandoning objectives... as newbie i was upset a bit if we lost objectives, bc i didn't fully understand how wvw really works)

I have no problem with someone killing me, jumping on me or throwing siege weapons. It is enough for ArenaNet to pop up a window asking if I want to receive a message from someone on another server. It would be enough if there was no physical possibility of writing between servers without permission. Not having this option is quite a disrespect for people who want to play with culture.

@Mithras.2805 said:I have no problem with someone killing me, jumping on me or throwing siege weapons. It is enough for ArenaNet to pop up a window asking if I want to receive a message from someone on another server. It would be enough if there was no physical possibility of writing between servers without permission. Not having this option is quite a disrespect for people who want to play with culture.

I never get whispers but hear the ping sound for whispers constantly. Can these people even whisper me?

@Crackers.9628 said:

@Mithras.2805 said:I have no problem with someone killing me, jumping on me or throwing siege weapons. It is enough for ArenaNet to pop up a window asking if I want to receive a message from someone on another server. It would be enough if there was no physical possibility of writing between servers without permission. Not having this option is quite a disrespect for people who want to play with culture.

I never get whispers but hear the ping sound for whispers constantly. Can these people even whisper me?

I get random whispers from enemy players only when I play on my ranger, thus, confirming this class is widely hated. lol

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:

Let them think they are cool for now. I bet they won't be laughing anymore once their account got deleted if they continue with that kind of behavior.

Does that actually happen though? I was under the impression that no one gets banned for anything in this game...

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Does that actually happen though? I was under the impression that no one gets banned for anything in this game...

It does happen. I know someone who got suspended because of verbal abuse.

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:if your attack / 1 alternate key is on "f" for reviving, then yes. (it is kinda symbolizing a grave, some see it as disrespect... but what it effectively does, it blocks out the dead persons sight a bit)

Thanks for the response.

I only drop siege to dead enemies for this purpose, although thieves also have a portal skill now so this maybe less effective as it was before.

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:The way to dm other servers' folk is by adding them to your block list and then iirc unblocking them to dm them directly from that list. I haven't tried it cause ion care, but that's a way of doing it according to my guildies.

This is correct. You are able to see the players account name and can then add them as a friend. Allowing you to direct message enemy’s. You can ALSO add them to your party... careful with that.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:The way to dm other servers' folk is by adding them to your block list and then iirc unblocking them to dm them directly from that list. I haven't tried it cause ion care, but that's a way of doing it according to my guildies.

This is correct. You are able to see the players account name and can then add them as a friend. Allowing you to direct message enemy’s.

And it also prevents them from responding so you can rage away from a safe space.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Grand Marshal.4098" said:The way to dm other servers' folk is by adding them to your block list and then iirc unblocking them to dm them directly from that list. I haven't tried it cause ion care, but that's a way of doing it according to my guildies.

This is correct. You are able to see the players account name and can then add them as a friend. Allowing you to direct message enemy’s. You can ALSO add them to your party... careful with that.

Lol I was once invited in a cross-server party in EB, but that was for duels and fun.

Ah and when a thief trashtalked me for "evading his fights" (I was zerging with a group) they formed a squad and invited me a couple of times lol.

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:

It does happen. I know someone who got suspended because of verbal abuse.

Oh, good then! I wasn't aware Anet monitors this stuff. Good to know they do.

The only correct answer is to throw siege on them back.

Also just take a 10 minute break and grab a snack; most of their ilk doesn't have the attention span and they'll be yelling into a wall. Then, ideally grab some friends and kite them back into your biggest group you can find and siege them again. Have someone (probably you) pretend to be afk.

If you don't have friends, tell people that there are gankers harassing said area so you can attract all the roamers to perform a hit on them.

Also, any whispers should be answered with "Who is this? You have the wrong account; I was in PvE" regardless of what they say.

Or. Just block them. No reason to even listen.

I'd normally just ignore them but that was a great chance to point how bad they are and much worse they are than they need to be. They could have been working on their game together but one of them has to spend time not doing anything so the other can get however many kills along with however many deaths. They aren't even getting a good enough kill rate to fill bags and they're not dominating so that's pretty sad.

They were doing their own business, why didn't you just ignore them and move on to another target?I know some will say WvW is a competitive mode and everything is valid but there is something called "etiquette", if you see 2 enemies fight in a duel, you let them be. I would be pissed too if I were trying to play with my friends and someone else butt in.