The toxicity is crazy

Crackers.9628

@"Susy.7529" said:They were doing their own business, why didn't you just ignore them and move on to another target?I know some will say WvW is a competitive mode and everything is valid but there is something called "etiquette", if you see 2 enemies fight in a duel, you let them be. I would be pissed too if I were trying to play with my friends and someone else butt in.

They were not dueling? They attacked me while I WAS DUELING SOMEONE ELSE.

They were literally doing the thing you´re accusing me of and still bm´ing me.

Poor luck, I'd say. I find WvW is generally low toxicity, as far as competitive games go.

A couple of nights ago I fought a condi core engi that did a pretty good job with a not so great build. So I whispered him just to tell him respect on the build. He was totally polite, despite me ganking him in the middle of a fight he was holding his own in. He gets it. Just helping the team. No need for salt.

@Bristingr.5034 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Does that actually happen though? I was under the impression that no one gets banned for anything in this game...

Can confirm that Anet's CS doesn't do anything towards the toxicity that breeds in PvP (which is magnitudes times worse than anything I've encountered in WvW).

Personally i've never encountered toxicity in WvW. That's why i love it so much. Everyone on my server is pretty chill and just having fun.But yeah, i've heard that PvP is a whole dfferent can of worms lol. Not sure why Anet would disregard it though, PvP should be something that gets increased attention for harrasement due to its nature as highly competitive.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:just take a 10 minute break and grab a snack; most of their ilk doesn't have the attention span and they'll be yelling into a wall.

This is the correct answer.

I get corpse jumped and siege buried 95% of my deaths and I very seldom do it to others. Once upon a time when I was younger, I did.My point is that even if you almost never bm people, you're still going to have it done to you. And often times the harder you are to kill, the more likely that bm.

The only correct answer is to throw siege on them back.

Or you can ignore what they've done to you, and either they lay off seeing that it isn't bothering you, or it aggravates them further because they're not getting attention.

Some people can't be reasoned with once they're mad. If they're sending angry whispers and you can't talk it out, block. If they're literally stalking you between servers because they have guildys/friends on both servers like mentioned in the OP, I don't really have a suggestion for that other than taking a break. Unfortunately, unless you have friends of your own willing to fight back and to turn a salty loser in to a someone with a grudge, your only option is to step away for a while.

In my experience, the best way to deal with someone who's mad is to talk it out with them. If they don't message me, the best way is to show them I'm not upset with their siege burial/corpse jumping by not doing it to them if I kill them.

@Shroud.2307 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:just take a 10 minute break and grab a snack; most of their ilk doesn't have the attention span and they'll be yelling into a wall.

This is the correct answer.

I get corpse jumped and siege buried 95% of my deaths and I very seldom do it to others. Once upon a time when I was younger, I did.My point is that even if you almost never bm people, you're still going to have it done to you. And often times the harder you are to kill, the more likely that bm.

The only correct answer is to throw siege on them back.

Or you can ignore what they've done to you, and either they lay off seeing that it isn't bothering you, or it aggravates them further because they're not getting attention.

Some people can't be reasoned with once they're mad. If they're sending angry whispers and you can't talk it out, block. If they're literally stalking you between servers because they have guildys/friends on both servers like mentioned in the OP, I don't really have a suggestion for that other than taking a break. Unfortunately, unless you have friends of your own willing to fight back and to turn a salty loser in to a someone with a grudge, your only option is to step away for a while.

In my experience, the best way to deal with someone who's mad is to talk it out with them. If they don't message me, the best way is to show them I'm not upset with their siege burial/corpse jumping by not doing it to them if I kill them.

Oh sorry, I actually think being rage whispered is funny because it usually means you did something right. xD I almost always share it with everyone. I never BM anyone out of the blue, but I do play along. WvW is pretty chill and tbh I've seen more toxicity in pve-- Gw2 overall is quite peaceful compared to say Blizzard games.

And yes, no point in putting effort in replying rationally. It's funnier if you add some nonsense because then it puts the ball back in their court and forces them to use their brain a little. Ironically, this sometimes deescalates the situation, mainly because we all realize how stupid it is. :lol:

But yes, it's generally not too good to think about it too much and just block. And I have a really lame playstyle myself, so I can't really complain too much I guess.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Oh sorry, I actually think being rage whispered is funny because it usually means you did something right.Usually? Was it ever not something you did right?

My favorite ones are the [90% of the times whispering thieves] players that are pretty damn good or bring a very good build, the type of player that anyone have a problem 1v1 against and you basicly need 2+v1 to confidently beat... and then they go on a whisper tirade about how everyone is a noob and you need others to beat them and all the insults under the moon, etc.

Absolutely zero perspective and respect for their own skills. That just makes us have zero respect for them and every following encounter we will do our utmost to CC them to death with overwhelming numbers.

@Crackers.9628 said:I was roaming as thief. Some thief killed me and started jumping and dropped siege on me. Naturally I went back and killed him this time, only for someone on my own server to start trash talking me, calling me kitten, noob, he will transfer to farm me, etc. He has in the same guild as the thief I killed.

The thief came back, and because my server mate stood on me, the thief could track my stealth and killed me. Then of course more trash talk and dropping siege.

Of course the toxicity is rampant from other servers, but how are people so awful they literally grief their own teammates? Actively helping enemy server kill your own server.

Funny thing, cause you weren't roaming but just ganking duelers at duel spot :)If you jump on dueler and interrupt fights what do you expect, we gonna be happy?Our guildmate got u in 1v1 then you ganked him, sieged and jumped, that's where everything started.Why you wont say a thing about trying to gank him later for nearly 1.5h and being mad?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Oh sorry, I actually think being rage whispered is funny because it usually means you did something right.Usually? Was it ever
not
something you did right?

My favorite ones are the
[90% of the times whispering thieves]
players that are pretty kitten good or bring a very good build, the type of player that anyone have a problem 1v1 against and you basicly
need
2+v1 to confidently beat... and then they go on a whisper tirade about how everyone is a noob and you need others to beat them and all the insults under the moon, etc.

Absolutely zero perspective and respect for their own skills. That just makes us have zero respect for them and every following encounter we will do our utmost to CC them to death with overwhelming numbers.

Oh, I usually don't do things right; maybe less wrong than them. xD

I think a lot of the medium classes are prone to that because you can build them to evade dying, so when they actually do die, they get really mad. Although target painters will make things go downhill really fast.

And as for your conclusion, that's actually what I think too in the end for bm players but you phrased it better.

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:Most of the time, there is reason why people throw siege, they don't do it because you have ugly weapon skin.

No, there's really not. I'm perceptive enough to know when I'm doing/have done something that deserves being corpse jumped/siege buried. I often play Engi and yank people with Magnet in zergs. If someone kills me later and bm's me for doing that, I understand. I'm usually pretty annoying on my Engi.

Most times I get bm'd just for existing though, so I can totally believe Yama saying that he gets sieged for no reason.

Again, I think a lot of the time it's about how hard you are to kill. Some people get mad when you give them a hard time and want to celebrate if they manage to kill you by rubbing salt in the wound.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:WvW is pretty chill and tbh I've seen more toxicity in pve-- Gw2 overall is quite peaceful compared to say Blizzard games.

GW2 and DC Universe Online are the only MMO's I've played, so I can't really speak for other games. I know GW2 is generally pretty tame, but I also have a folder of angry whispers, and get at least one near daily.I do think WvW is better than PvP in terms of salt, but I also think it's because most people are too lazy to whisper. If it was as easy as typing something in /say, I'll bet it'd be worse than PvP.

@Crackers.9628 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:
CDXh9rT.jpg

Because they are.

Ranger and thieves. They just attract a kind of people.

Please talk for yourself. I never trashtalk people nor tbag them yet i have been trashtalked countless times as a thief and even reported for simply existing or (OMG HOW DARE I) when running away from outnumbered situation. Funny enough when i play other classes nobody does it to me however i get to see how extremely toxic the squads are to the thieves that join them or just pass by, even if those thieves actually try to help and work as recon. Toxic people will be always toxic, no matter what class they play.I have been playing this game pretty much since launch, surely it is common for pvp similar environment to be toxic BUT WvW community in this game actually got worse over the years. In vanilla people worked together despite the class. Now people just trashtalk (for the lack of better pc word) anyone who doesn't fit their agenda (aka play zerg meta). It feels like it has become some kind of sport - who can trashtalk a thief more. You guys seriously should look at yourself before you just label every thief player as toxic waste.

@Shroud.2307 said:Some people can't be reasoned with once they're mad. If they're sending angry whispers and you can't talk it out, block. If they're literally stalking you between servers because they have guildys/friends on both servers like mentioned in the OP, I don't really have a suggestion for that other than taking a break. Unfortunately, unless you have friends of your own willing to fight back and to turn a salty loser in to a someone with a grudge, your only option is to step away for a while.

Stalking people between servers/chasing specific people across maps/trash talking players when performed repeatedly is harassment should be reported to Anet, who have the means to deal with the problem.

Acceptable toxicity ends with all possible actions of the character like jumping, running after someone and similar behavior. The problem comes with rude messages that players may send between someone from another server. All this ritual of blocking and adding to friend to offend someone. Doesn't that sound like a joke? You have to make it clear that the best solution is to separate what's in the game from what's in someone's head. So that from someone who is having a bad day to someone who does it for fun, he sends rude messages that are not an excuse for someone else's playing.

Please refer to the topic I posted. "No option to ask to get the message."

This is not natural behavior. Unless you like someone writing about you or just because you play the game. These are just stars for illustration. Blocking upon receipt will not prevent you from having to see the message. A simple question whether I want a message from one or another person solves the problem. And talk about toxic running or jumping on someone else as a hobby. Because it's part of the game. But forcing them to accept rude messages is always a problem that I believe someone will fix. Unfortunately, to this day, a nasty element of the game that even works like underdeveloped. At the moment, it is a relic of the times where no one talked about cultural behavior.

I guess the whole ‘sticks and stones’ saying just doesn’t come through...

I take it you’ve never been left to ‘bleed’ out.

I also don’t know why you posted this in the WvW section. This is a game mechanic.

PvE players can do the SAME THING.

It’s not a WvW issue. Plus, you’d likely get a much more receptive audience for it.

If annoyed I reply with fun facts until my opponent gives up. That means I quote random facts like:

1. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
  2. No number from 1 to 999 includes the letter “a” in its word form.
  3. Edgar Allan Poe married his thirteen-year-old cousin.
  4. Jupiter is twice as large as all the other planets combined.
  5. The Super Soaker was designed and invented by a NASA engineer.
  6. Flamingos can only eat with their heads upside down.
  7. Salt used to be a currency.
  8. Alaska is the only state whose name is on one row on a keyboard.
  9. There are only four words in the English language which end in “dous”: tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
  10. There are 32 muscles in a cat’s ear.
  11. ...

So, did you know that a "Poronkusema" is the distance a rendeer can walk without peeing? It is about 7.5km.

@Meriadoc.8592 said:

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:What server are you on?

I suggest to just block your server mate and report for Verbal Abuse. I run with a squad that do not tolerate this kind of BM (bad manners). Most servers on lower tiers are like this, I observerd. They are so stressed they can't climb up the ladder so they resort to unsportsmanlike behaviours.

The group was from Ring of Fire, I´m from FSP. They run around with a guild group, kill people and just the 3 of them start jumping and griefing. It´s insane that any group that plays together actively shows this toxic behaviour and everyone is on board with it.

Probably idol?

hello yama, here i am the lead of [idol] the thing is, i dont corpse jump people out of nowhere.its just most of you people corpse jump me out of nowhere, just for playing the game, besides, my guildmate. gets trash talked by people daily. seriously everydayand i can proof it even,. its insane, the trash talk he gets, people are wishing cancer upon his family too. everyday.by the french server Jade Seaand besides YOU. started to kitten talk my friend in the first place YOU. started.YOU. out of all respect seriously, i am a nice guy, if people are nice to me, i am always super nice to them. i like it when people are nice and decent. but most of you people tend to be not. and be the opposite of it. and you start trash talking me in my whispers or even inviting me to the party ,just to tell me to hang myself.i dont even report you people. i just block you kill you. and move on, and sometimes i do a little bm here and there. to show the salt ! so what!we're all hypocrites down here. no offense.anyways.. who am i LOL

You are correct, I was having a bad day, but what did he expect after the 2nd time I come to duel spot to watch (actually you duel) and talk to the fsp reaper only to get sniped from your guildy. I never even met the guy before so it's not as if iv ever had any beef. That's what a lot of people have a problem with. Just out of the blue kill in what is meant to be a neutral zone for roamers to chill out and duel.

the le very thing is. is that WvW is WvW and people shouldnt really cry. and just get over with it, ur in a Competetive Zone. you get killed. fine just deal with it, and get over yourselves. jeez, its wvw, people kill people, people gank people, and thats that.no further questions or comments needed. its just funny how far you people can go, its quite hypocritical. but hey! in the end, we're all just a bunch of hypocrites anyways, Goodnight !

If it's red, it's dead. There is no other rule in WvW. Now, if you're like me, you have your own rules for yourself. For instance, I won't usually attack <bronze rank players unless they outnumber me or they initiate. But that's just my own personal rule. I can't expect others to adhere to it. So when I'm running with my low rank friends and they get targeted first, I simply assume it's a strategy to win the fight. What's to be upset about?

I figure everyone has these little rules for themselves. Just don't forget the One rule: If it's red, it's dead. You don't have to kill on sight, but when another player kills you in WvW, they were just doing what they were supposed to do.

I think ArenaNet should bring back Dhuum ban and apply penalties to unsportsmanlike conduct in PvP modes and WvW. This kind of conduct prevents other players' enjoyment of the game and should be discouraged. In addition good conduct needs to be reinforced and better rewarded in order to train players to avoid toxicity.

@"Galmac.4680" said:If annoyed I reply with fun facts until my opponent gives up. That means I quote random facts like:

1. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
  2. No number from 1 to 999 includes the letter “a” in its word form.
  3. Edgar Allan Poe married his thirteen-year-old cousin.
  4. Jupiter is twice as large as all the other planets combined.
  5. The Super Soaker was designed and invented by a NASA engineer.
  6. Flamingos can only eat with their heads upside down.
  7. Salt used to be a currency.
  8. Alaska is the only state whose name is on one row on a keyboard.
  9. There are only four words in the English language which end in “dous”: tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
  10. There are 32 muscles in a cat’s ear.
  11. ...

So, did you know that a "Poronkusema" is the distance a rendeer can walk without peeing? It is about 7.5km.

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

good one