I would love to understand what happens in WVW servers ?

vonhellsing.2819

I would love to understand what happens in WVW, for many years I played with 25mbit of internet without problems, computer with a slower processor, 1/4 of the memory I have today.I currently have i7, 32gb ram ddr4, 4gb of nvidia video (does not affect the game) 500mbit of fiber optic internet, and just from 2 months here the game dropped from 60fps everything high to 10 fps everything on medium, average ping 250 to 450ms with exitlag. Getting to crash the game when we face 30x30 in wvw. Was this the optimization that the company did to improve our experience? 8 years of game, thousands of gems consumed and apparently all that remains is to find another game to have fun, because the fun has become stress. I just face this problem in WVW, nor in worldboss I have this type of lag or crash in other game mode i got 105ms/120ms.

@Cynz.9437 said:Beside server issue, have you tried dx12 add-on for gw2? Even with RTX this game was running pretty poorly for me until i switched to dx12. There is post in technical support section of the forums informing how to do it.

i Try works per 2 day than back same troubles, i remove all game and re-install, works per 1 day an in fights freeze screen, i talk with others in my guild and get same problem.

Some things to try for frames.Try the dx12 mod, it actually helps get some extra frames.Turn on Effects LOD, which will limit spell effects.Character model limit: med-highCharacter model quality: Lowest-lowShadows and LOD distance you can also turn down.If you're getting high ping well that's an internet issue to solve, which may/may not be on anets end.

I've played a couple nights this week and surprised how much more smooth the game feels than 8 months ago, although will see how that holds up on reset night, I would imagine a whole lot less people playing wvw these days tho....

@vonhellsing.2819 said:Becouse that we start think thats is some type of hack, we got this in wvw and pvp, yesterday i try other game note MSI STEALTH PRO thats i have, same troubles, just when we engage in fight.

in Wvw, threesome (three color battles of 30+) cause always lags, just mash buttons hard and fast thaha. additionally, if stealth is involved it is extra bad for me.

but overall it works quite well, but i play on superlow quality settings. standard models helps a LOT, because u don't need to load all the shiny details. i also use nonshiny gear mostly on my own chars in Wvw and no warkitty skin, bc loading also makes at least a babylag there. (and we all know how easy the warkitty kills you lel)

@"XenesisII.1540" said:Some things to try for frames.Character model limit: med-highCharacter model quality: Lowest-lowShadows and LOD distance you can also turn down.Afaik model quality and lod does very little in the varied scenarios of WvW. Model limit to medium, shadows to blob should be enough to run WvW with most other settings maxed on a decent rig and still have it look good. Its gonna slow down with zergs but its inevitable. At that point dropping model limit to low is pretty much the only thing that gain you something. I "tested" model quality in a "controlled" scenario once and the difference from medium to high is massive with little visual difference. When a full dragonfall meta map ends and the cinematic plays, running on high made the game slow to a crawl as soon as more players started coming into view. Running it on medium was perfectly smooth, lol.

@vonhellsing.2819 said:I would love to understand what happens in WVW, for many years I played with 25mbit of internet without problems, computer with a slower processor, 1/4 of the memory I have today.I currently have i7, 32gb ram ddr4, 4gb of nvidia video (does not affect the game) 500mbit of fiber optic internet, and just from 2 months here the game dropped from 60fps everything high to 10 fps everything on medium, average ping 250 to 450ms with exitlag. Getting to crash the game when we face 30x30 in wvw. Was this the optimization that the company did to improve our experience? 8 years of game, thousands of gems consumed and apparently all that remains is to find another game to have fun, because the fun has become stress. I just face this problem in WVW, nor in worldboss I have this type of lag or crash in other game mode i got 105ms/120ms.

Regarding performance, it's funny to remember that in DAoC, you often had slideshows (1 frame every few seconds (Seconds Per Frame) ) and had to look at the floor or face away from the fights to be able to move.But... that was twenty years ago. You'd expect this game to be much better and, in fairness, it is. 10 fps is pretty good.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@vonhellsing.2819 said:I would love to understand what happens in WVW, for many years I played with 25mbit of internet without problems, computer with a slower processor, 1/4 of the memory I have today.I currently have i7, 32gb ram ddr4, 4gb of nvidia video (does not affect the game) 500mbit of fiber optic internet, and just from 2 months here the game dropped from 60fps everything high to 10 fps everything on medium, average ping 250 to 450ms with exitlag. Getting to crash the game when we face 30x30 in wvw. Was this the optimization that the company did to improve our experience? 8 years of game, thousands of gems consumed and apparently all that remains is to find another game to have fun, because the fun has become stress. I just face this problem in WVW, nor in worldboss I have this type of lag or crash in other game mode i got 105ms/120ms.

Regarding performance, it's funny to remember that in DAoC, you often had slideshows (1 frame every few seconds (Seconds Per Frame) ) and had to look at the floor or face away from the fights to be able to move.But... that was twenty years ago. You'd expect this game to be much better and, in fairness, it is. 10 fps is pretty good.20 years ago? Show me a similar MMO today that can have ~150-200 players fighting on screen at once without slowing to a crawl.

WoW is probably the funniest examples with its DX12 upgraded engine. It completely falls apart under pressure lol.

Been noticing this today in WvW. A group in Henge of Denravi came in the weirdest lag happened. Not sure if it is a syncing issue, or if they was doing some DOS thing. And could tell when they were coming as the game would start acting up again. In massive fights is was difficult to do anything, and tried texting alerts and they were posted like 30 seconds later. Checked the ping and was only 695 regularly 340. It felt more like 4.5 K latency. Only happened with that one group. Probably a sync issue.

@vonhellsing.2819 said:Was this the optimization that the company did to improve our experience? 8 years of game, thousands of gems consumed and apparently all that remains is to find another game to have fun, because the fun has become stress.Agreed.Server unresponsiveness became worse after the new year, more than 30vs30 is literally unplayable now. Probably i have to say good bye to the game because it's nothing but frustrating.