Remove Unblockable

Svarty.8019

• 4 months later...

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"ASP.8093" said:"I'm bad at this game, therefore it's impossible for anyone to be good at it." Uh-huh. Very convincing.

Nice strawman.

Not really, that's what you said in your first post.

It's been ages, let me read it again ...

It seems quite a considerable leap from the text to your interpretation.

... the good news is that you get to have another go!

@"kharmin.7683" said:How can you have an "on block" effect on something that is unblockable?

I mean they were turned into 'blocks' in that they block projectiles normally, and thus unblockable will bypass them instead of being destroyed, but when they do block attacks these skills do not trigger 'on block' effects. So they are 'blocks' that do not trigger 'on block' effects.

As lock as blocks are also nerfed (their availability reduced and their duration reduced) to compensate, I'm OK with this. It'd have to be reduced a LOT (block would have to be almost as rare as invulnerability - only available on a few key abilities for a few moments with long cooldowns).

But it would actually reduce the complexity of the game/the barrier for entry (your block will now always block incoming attacks - it is more understandable what a block is). Which is a good thing for the game as a whole IMO. As opposed to "block is this thing that sometimes blocks attacks and sometimes doesn't".

@Svarty.8019 said:

@"ASP.8093" said:"I'm bad at this game, therefore it's impossible for anyone to be good at it." Uh-huh. Very convincing.

Nice strawman.

Not really, that's what you said in your first post.

It's been ages, let me read it again ...

Yeah, "it's been ages", so not sure why you're suddenly responding now with... this?

It seems quite a considerable leap from the text to your interpretation.

I wasn't the one making that interpretation, but w/e, lets forget about that. What you said ("I don't use x to fulfill its purpose, so that level of gameplay doesn't exist") is perfectly in line with the other user's observation. Just because you can't use the skill to its full potential doesn't mean everyone else can't either. It's not even anything hard or out of ordinary. So it's not a leap at all (even moreso a considerable one), it's just what you've said. And it's wrong.

... the good news is that you get to have another go!

?

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

@"Svarty.8019" said:Let's get rid of Unblockables.

What's the point? It's not like people are saying "Oh that person is blocking, I'll use my unblockable". That level of gameplay doesn't exist. Unblockable just helps unskilled players with their random ability spamming.

/tut /rolleyes

Found the DH main.

@"Svarty.8019" said:Let's get rid of Unblockables.

What's the point? It's not like people are saying "Oh that person is blocking, I'll use my unblockable". That level of gameplay doesn't exist. Unblockable just helps unskilled players with their random ability spamming.

/tut /rolleyes

I don't want Unblockable removed, but I would love to see it transformed into a boon. That would solve most of its problems imo.

Bonus points if they turn Battle Scars into their own "vampiric" boon as well, leaving us with 12+2=14 boons and 14 conditions.