Pull Up Your Boot Straps

Nordic Natedog.4360

So many complaints over this build or another. My simple complaint is people playing so passively. Whether sitting on siege because they are scared of the big vast world of wvw or hanging back during a fight worrying they'll break a nail. Buckle up and head out. Find that it is ok to die now and then and enjoy the ride. And for goodness sake, stop with the keep tapping for tapping's sake. This isn't 2018 when it brought some kind of benefit. You are only costing people a few seconds at most and are just annoying. If you are going to do it, at least learn to fight.

All I see are people not respecting Burn DH.Fight any half decent comp with a Scrapper and grats, yu just gave their entire group free Aegis.

Also what do yu mean don't tap keeps?If I want people to come fight me, I tap keeps.

It's a hornet's nest which I bonk for fun.Come stop me or yu don't get to waypoint.

u bring a spvp-esque build (i realize it's not exact the build used there, but close enough, works pretty similar) to Wvw, shouldn't wonder people give you a mild laugh at best. cheesy squishy closerange set. with a heal/cleanser and stab (so basically: coordinated enemy group with a scrapper and a firebrand) ur not killing anything anymore. you just pop, bc ur build is selfish as hell.

however, yes u are right that people should go more full in. dying running is the worst case scenario imo.

just, people shouldn't rush into YOUR build. this trapcheese is like based on punishing that, mate. any single dps with either FB or scrapper support could take u out alike. works better in spvp, which normally has no dedicated support/cleanser classes lol.

I'm not saying people complain about my build. I'm saying I hear people complaining about one build or another. I also see a ton of people just hanging out on siege when there is very few foes. Oh, I see 2 thieves better get on the cannon type mentality. I only posted the video of game play when you don't choose that kind of mentality.

FYI, Even against full comps I do significant damage as I'm not running merely burn guard with my setup. It is full on hybrid (cele and grieving).

1. first fight your condi pressure caused exactly 0 deaths. People getting knocked down caused deaths. Your condi was cleansed and converted against an ideal situation public blob of clueless people.
  2. random off hour cloud with obviously no condi cleanse trying to flip Durios.
  3. same as 2 just between Quentin and Danelon

Decided that watching past that 3rd point was not worth my time.

Meanwhile if you bothered to look through the rank of the "enemies" you fought, pretty much all of them were sub 150 or 620 (and don't gimme that people have alt account bs, those were new players mostly). Congratulations on farming n00bs and new players. Burn guard has its place, and you showed decently where that is: as noob filter.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

1. first fight your condi pressure caused exactly 0 deaths. People getting knocked down caused deaths. Your condi was cleansed and converted against an ideal situation public blob of clueless people.

Meanwhile if you bothered to look through the rank of the "enemies" you fought, pretty much all of them were sub 150 or 620 (and don't gimme that people have alt account bs, those were new players mostly). Congratulations on farming n00bs and new players. Burn guard has its place, and you showed decently where that is: as noob filter.

Talk about foolishness. I literally pass over some where it states "Finish Them". The 2nd clip had me fighting a low lvl, a bronze and a silver from those I directly targeted. The 3rd had me target some low levels, a silver and a gold. Are you expecting to only ever fight guys with 2500+ ranks in wvw? Most mithrils and diamonds I know have pretty much given up on the game. And fyi, only about 50% of my damage is burns as I run full on hybrid for exactly the point people make on cleanses.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

One more thing, you, like several others that posted, missed the entire point of my post. It isn't me saying I'm great or some garbage. I know I run a niche build. My point is for people to stop complaining about one build or another. Just get out there (specifically off the siege) and have fun. People tapping keeps may seem like a funny thing to do but it slows the game down for people (for both the tapper, their server, and their opponents running back) and does little else, especially when you do it just to troll.

@Nordic Natedog.4360 said:I'm not saying people complain about my build. I'm saying I hear people complaining about one build or another. I also see a ton of people just hanging out on siege when there is very few foes. Oh, I see 2 thieves better get on the cannon type mentality. I only posted the video of game play when you don't choose that kind of mentality.

FYI, Even against full comps I do significant damage as I'm not running merely burn guard with my setup. It is full on hybrid (cele and grieving).

The point I took from it was not burn DH, but that most people are bots, don't care to learn and get trolled by easy to counter builds. Solo I run power DH, but a few weeks ago we had some people defending SMC vs a group, no one would push out, people were being melted on walls etc etc. I swap to burn DH, jump in the middle of them and they mostly ignore me, sit in my aoes and I down probably 1/4 of them SOLO. That has NOTHING to do with DH and everything to do with having simple awareness, I should have been downed in seconds. Keep in mind, they had a number of burn DH them selves, so it's not like I had some special build they didn't.

The most annoying part is I have done this often, get huge downs in a group of 30-40, we will have 20ish AND NO ONE WILL PUSH. And on the off chance some do....It's like wet noodles, like how, how do you even make a build that does so little dmg? Then I remember what the dev for arcdps said and that was most people do not have anything close to a build but rather random traits and gear sets.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@Nordic Natedog.4360 said:I'm not saying people complain about my build. I'm saying I hear people complaining about one build or another. I also see a ton of people just hanging out on siege when there is very few foes. Oh, I see 2 thieves better get on the cannon type mentality. I only posted the video of game play when you don't choose that kind of mentality.

The point I took from it was not burn DH, but that most people are bots, don't care to learn and get trolled by easy to counter builds. Solo I run power DH, but a few weeks ago we had some people defending SMC vs a group, no one would push out, people were being melted on walls etc etc. I swap to burn DH, jump in the middle of them and they mostly ignore me, sit in my aoes and I down probably 1/4 of them SOLO. That has NOTHING to do with DH and everything to do with having simple awareness, I should have been downed in seconds. Keep in mind, they had a number of burn DH them selves, so it's not like I had some special build they didn't.

The most annoying part is I have done this often, get huge downs in a group of 30-40, we will have 20ish AND NO ONE WILL PUSH. And on the off chance some do....It's like wet noodles, like how, how do you even make a build that does so little dmg? Then I remember what the dev for arcdps said and that was most people do not have anything close to a build but rather random traits and gear sets.

I couldn't agree more. I play the bulk of my time on hybrid burn dh (2200 power, 1360 Condi, 40% crit, 192% crit dmg, might stacking from zeal line puts me at 3000 power and 2100 condi while in most fights). I do switch if a comm needs more support FB or even run my same setup as a FB to be a complemental support/dps player if we have a weaker FB or not enough engies. That's one of the great benefits for the hybrid setup. My armor is all cele so my boons and heals are decent in such a role but I still get solid damage that way.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

some people defending SMC

That’s why they won’t push out. Most are pugs that play on EBG. And, many, if not most are not truly vested in nor familiar with WvW.

@Svarty.8019 said:Everybody says Learn but nobody offers to teach.

I both agree and disagree. Everybody says learn, because nobody wants to take initiative to learn. Game is very casual at this point so attempting to teach is met with people shutting down, and refusing to even listen. The only way to effectively teach is doing so in a guild which is what it has come down to for me. I put a lot of effort into the guild, and if I would try that outside the guild it would be met with deaf ears. Because, unfortunately, the average population listens to the loudest voice regardless of proven ability or knowledge. And in 2021 how can you prove ability or knowledge to a large swath? You really can't :anguished:

On topic:Yes, too many people have this mindset: 'Do we outnumber them 2 or 3 to 1 and can just press w? Okay lets do that. And if we can't? Well we better just hide in structures and build siege. ' This is true as most content these days has changed to few guilds running 50 people over numerous guilds running 20. OR its a guild running 30 with 20 people just following the tag, clouding, and being annoying in an already outnumbered fight.

I like facing burn guards, it's lots of yummy aegis.