World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

I was incredibly confused when I clicked on this link, found a comment of mine from 2018, but realized this thread was on front page somehow.I came back here because WvW was my home away from home, so when my community was dismantled due to the server merges, some hope was renewed when they announced Alliances.World linking failed, like many of us foresaw, and now they seem to have gone back to their "Soon TM" mantra after they caused a wreckage. ~sigh~

So in solidarity with everyone else who's tired of Anet making promises but never delivering, or even apologizing for their own f-ups...

AlliancesWhen

@"meerfunkuhtron.9725" said:I was incredibly confused when I clicked on this link, found a comment of mine from 2018, but realized this thread was on front page somehow.I came back here because WvW was my home away from home, so when my community was dismantled due to the server merges, some hope was renewed when they announced Alliances.World linking failed, like many of us foresaw, and now they seem to have gone back to their "Soon TM" mantra after they caused a wreckage. ~sigh~

So in solidarity with everyone else who's tired of Anet making promises but never delivering, or even apologizing for their own f-ups...

AlliancesWhen

Welcome to the squad mate.

That is a great way to summarize what this post means right now.

Almost logged in to the game today, then realised they still haven't made any changes and alliances are still coming 'soon'.

I'm now starting to think my old age pension will come before alliances.

Picking up on someone else thread about the alliance baby now getting ready for kindergarden, maybe we should start talking about the baby as if it's real and giving it a background as well as telling stories about how it's getting on.

First, let's assign it a gender. In keeping with the thread, I'm going to call it a 'them', neither male nor female. Them is slightly brown with oriental features and a mixed european/african/oriental heritage with some links to native americans and aborigines (and any other racial traits we can throw in).

Them's current state is confused- as it doesn't really know what it is yet or how it will develop, and isn't really that keen on going to learn things and play with others..

Sooo nothing really New on what we all ready know from the last post about it last year. it be really good if you guys keep on updating the WvW players on your plans as its like you don't really care about wvw and this is just a backroom project you work on at lunch time for 30min and use power-point to make a top of the line cloud bubble. For a player that has played wvw for 6+ years and nothing els in the game looks like Anet have given up on wvw or scared at asking the community of WvW ( asking the Guilds and plays who spend hours a day playing the game mode be a good start ) Be great to see more updates to wvw the little things u could do just to show you are not leaving us out.

oh P.S its reset tonight don't forget to do that btw :)

Any chance that that any future PvE map can be used for WvW and those maps will be created by 90% PvE in mind ?The keeps-towers could be the most generic ones to blend with the enviroment and it will look like a huge meteor/cannonball/trebuchet dropped in and formed scorched rock/ice, or drilled the ground/mountain and created a huge Dome (both are same pattern , but different color)In the PvE the exact same map , is devided is 3 areas , where each area mobs damage /toughness is increased based on how long the enemy server in WvWvW is holding those captured points (reset at the end of week) .People can instead , go in WvWv and unlock the map/Masteries going there , while the boss in the solo instance are easier ?

There no mobs in WvWvW , or a toggle on/off to see and hit them like Massrooms HoT ?Players can choose 2 from 8 classes (-10% rewards for each class ) that cannot see them , specialized-version stealth/or "Neutral Mehcnic" like in WoW , that 6/8 classes ingnores (emit sonic wave ?) and see you normaly/attackNear the Keeps-Towers , everyone is visible /attack-able .You go in battle with the 2 classes that you HATE , if they have a Core spec equipped , scouting the map , or they can use e-spec roaming defending/roaming the objectives

edit:Each PvE maps spawns a boss/or a "Mist" goes away showing a hidden tower/area . every 3 days .But doing events in the WvW , instead of PvE , the cd is reduced and you guarrantee "Gold" participation , even if you dont join at that time

@"Yigameir.6073" you know, it really feels like that. i mean Anet didn't even update the "lunar new year" bags to give WXP as well. every single freaking XP booster there says "NOT USABLE IN WVW" specifically even. i mean, c'mon, why? that baby one hour boost won't even do thaat much.

and to fin this, another #allianceswhen :)

eSports is possible with this game mode...imho

I want competitive tournaments that are healthy to participate in.

Real Life Sporting Events already provide good examples that we can learn from:i.e. - SuperBowl, World Series, FIFA World Cup, IIHF World Championship, etc.

This game mode needs a stable & complete road map to keep it going in the right direction.

Example road map:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

well, from kinda environment Wvw is ages away tho. the whole format would need a overhaul. you'd need to make like ~3 hours at a predicted "prime time" to "tournament time", then you'd need to lock it for people that didn't sign up before and at least can show some kinda killproof, otherwise you'll have the maps full with afkers and kittens to sabotage the enemy teams (alt accounts)

alone tournaments would be a great re-introduction... but currently, also due to the uncomfy link system, situation gets rather worse. the amount of times u get something to really fight against is quite limited on many servers. the amount of dedicated competitive guilds isn't too high.

like, in an utopian perfection, every map had space for three 20ish or two 25-30 ppl guilds. that'd be around 8-12 guilds, and i honestly know not a single server, not even with adding link guilds into, who can field the max amount of 12 coordinated running guilds.

the expansion will be kinda revival impulse for Wvw as well. the question and critical point is, will Anet use this to boost the mode, refresh and update it.

and maybe finally drop the nasty link system. who knows #allianceswhen

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:well, from kinda environment Wvw is ages away tho. the whole format would need a overhaul.Snip 8<WvW needs an ovehaul

World Restructuring is a novel idea to use Team Creation mechanics to solve only certain problems while ignoring everything else about this game mode...imho

World Restructuring would be like a Chapter 2 in fixing WvW if we had a bigger road map to follow.

Chapter 1 would be about What to do now to help with problems in the short term.

Chapter 2 would then begin the process of fixing the problems in the long term.

I'd like to see a road map from ANet that details where this World Restructuring "fits" into the larger scheme of things on where this game mode is headed.

I'm hoping this game mode will evolve into an annual eSport SuperBowl event with corporate sponsors that's designed to be the END GAME Content to PvE in perhaps a CHAPTER 6.

We're never going to get a chance to evolve with only one solution & no road map to guide us...imho

Credibility requires critical insight & time.