Defence trait line

wolverine.5164

i wanna make this very simple, this been the worst trait line by far, will there be any changes soon?completly useless traits: Cull the weak, armored attack, sundering mace, cleasing ire.trash traits (that we were expecting rework for the longest): Lesser endure Pain, last stand, rousing resilience.

@"Grand Marshal.4098" said:Hello!

If you got any suggestions on anything balance-related to warrior, take a look at this post https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/110779/warrior-balance-requests-omnibus where we discuss about it in high detail!

:+1:

At OP: Defense was broken on purpose by the balance team to force the dev team to change it, but the Covid-19 and EoD development happened, so you won't see any changes until close to EoD release.

Otherwise feel free to put suggestions in the omnibus thread.

The devs already took the Might Makes Right suggestion from it, so they have eyes there at least.

They intentionally neutered Defense traitline for competitive but didn't get to fixing it yet.Use Strength or Tactics.

Tactics is now a very popular replacement for Defense because traited Warhorn does give Warrior a good boost of Boons they otherwise would never dream of getting uptime on as well as Barrier, which is a pleasant addition to their arsenal.

Using x/Warhorn though, loses yu Shield.

Warrior runes with defense 1,2,3 on Berserker with 3,3,3 and full might line on strenght makes for an interesting option in roaming, compensating somewhat with your runes for the lack of disciple and with might to increase your dmg output. However, given Berserker's innate low survivability it doesn't help all thta much. But thats a case where even Discipline hardly adds much to the build.

If anything as Yasai said, Tactics can be a good alternative, as defense (Rousing resilience for that matter) synergizes very well with Savage Instinct on Berserker imo. Classic warrior will need the utility stunbreaks to make the most out of it.

But big question, when Rousing Resilience increases your toughness and you got Armored Attack traited, is the spike in dmg increase very high as well? I Haven't looked at the numbers much.

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:Warrior runes with defense 1,2,3 on Berserker with 3,3,3 and full might line on strenght makes for an interesting option in roaming, compensating somewhat with your runes for the lack of disciple and with might to increase your dmg output. However, given Berserker's innate low survivability it doesn't help all thta much. But thats a case where even Discipline hardly adds much to the build.

If anything as Yasai said, Tactics can be a good alternative, as defense (Rousing resilience for that matter) synergizes very well with Savage Instinct on Berserker imo. Classic warrior will need the utility stunbreaks to make the most out of it.

But big question, when Rousing Resilience increases your toughness and you got Armored Attack traited, is the spike in dmg increase very high as well? I Haven't looked at the numbers much.

Rousing Resilience works great along with Tempest Runes for double heals on stunbreak.

I like breaking a stun with Headbutt then using SI for another stun break. Easy 4k healing.

The armor spike from RR does not stack with Armored Attack from what I remember from using it.