The toxicity is crazy

Crackers.9628

@Voltekka.2375 said:The thing isnt just toxicity (toxic people are everywhere, in real life and in videogames). Its about your attitude towards it. In gw2, block, report or dont report and move on with life. Keep having fun. Toxic people thrive when they get on your nerves. If you dont give them the pleasure, they will get bored easily and leave you alone. At least thats what i do.

so i'm toxic? cheers.

@Sinfullysweet.4517 said:I will admit I block, compose a message, then unblock an opposing player.

Difference is I never have sent a toxic email. It’s always “That was an epic fight! I appreciate you and the fun. May my bag have dropped ascended mats. Have an awesome day”

An 99% of the time we become friends. I have even asked what am I doing wrong because I should be able to counter. And again I end up becoming friends. That’s how to be non toxic. ?

That's been my experience as well.

@BadBrain.2195 said:

@Crackers.9628 said:I was roaming as thief. Some thief killed me and started jumping and dropped siege on me. Naturally I went back and killed him this time, only for someone on my own server to start trash talking me, calling me kitten, noob, he will transfer to farm me, etc. He has in the same guild as the thief I killed.

The thief came back, and because my server mate stood on me, the thief could track my stealth and killed me. Then of course more trash talk and dropping siege.

Of course the toxicity is rampant from other servers, but how are people so awful they literally grief their own teammates? Actively helping enemy server kill your own server.

Funny thing, cause you weren't roaming but just ganking duelers at duel spot :)If you jump on dueler and interrupt fights what do you expect, we gonna be happy?Our guildmate got u in 1v1 then you ganked him, sieged and jumped, that's where everything started.Why you wont say a thing about trying to gank him later for nearly 1.5h and being mad?

For the second time, they were not kitten dueling you kitten. I was dueling someone and they ganked me.

Jesus christ do me a favour and go away instead of defending these dirt bags.

Edit: just realized you are this trash. I literally switched maps after 15 mins because you kept griefing everyone. Don't make up any stories.

Nice behaviour of you I see.Calling me trash now..No sense of futher discussion, see ya.

Because your in game behaviour is appalling. No need for discussion.

@Sobx.1758 said:Ooooooooooh so OP did something he considers toxic, someone did the same thing back to him and now he's on the forum complaining about people doing toxic stuff that he does himself as well. Great thread, had fun reading all of the 6 relevant posts in it.

Yeah.... I don't really switch servers to grief my own server mates. Anyway, were you the deadeye from that group?

Just block people and move on - and appear offline if you have any issues with friending or DM's from enemy players. There are toxic people in all games; just report it if appropriate and don't respond to it emotionally. If people grief you, they generally give up when they don't get a response out of you.

@Crackers.9628 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:Ooooooooooh so OP did something he considers toxic, someone did the same thing back to him and now he's on the forum complaining about people doing toxic stuff that he does himself as well. Great thread, had fun reading all of the 6 relevant posts in it.

Yeah.... I don't really switch servers to grief my own server mates. Anyway, were you the deadeye from that group?

Nah, I'm not, I'm just reading this thread and you seem to be a bit hypocritical here.

• Confused 1

Ok.., hold on a second here.....

First you state you were roaming:

@Crackers.9628 said:I was roaming as thief. Some thief killed me and started jumping and dropped siege on me. Naturally I went back and killed him this time, only for someone on my own server to start trash talking me, calling me kitten, noob, he will transfer to farm me, etc. He has in the same guild as the thief I killed.

The thief came back, and because my server mate stood on me, the thief could track my stealth and killed me. Then of course more trash talk and dropping siege.

Of course the toxicity is rampant from other servers, but how are people so awful they literally grief their own teammates? Actively helping enemy server kill your own server.

Then you state you were dueling:

@Crackers.9628 said:

Funny thing, cause you weren't roaming but just ganking duelers at duel spot :)If you jump on dueler and interrupt fights what do you expect, we gonna be happy?Our guildmate got u in 1v1 then you ganked him, sieged and jumped, that's where everything started.Why you wont say a thing about trying to gank him later for nearly 1.5h and being mad?

For the second time, they were not kitten dueling you kitten. I was dueling someone and they ganked me.

Edit: just realized you are this trash. I literally switched maps after 15 mins because you kept griefing everyone. Don't make up any stories.

Now I don’t have any skin in the game but it would seem that @BadBrain.2195 has a more likely scenario. Not to say that ‘ganging people at the duel spot’ is wrong, but complaining about retribution is.. well to quote @Sobx.1758 ’hypocritical’

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Ok.., hold on a second here.....

Now I don’t have any skin in the game but it would seem that @BadBrain.2195 has a more likely scenario. Not to say that ‘ganging people at the duel spot’ is wrong, but complaining about retribution is.. well to quote @"Sobx.1758" ’hypocritical’
  1. How do you think I find duels? By roaming?

2. In the scenario I ganked someone when they were dueling. Which means I attacked someone on the other server. PvP, WvW, is any form of "retribution" warranted against someone attacking an enemy player?

You people are holding hands above each others head. Just stop sieging people, stop whispering them, etc. No need to come on the forums and make up stories to defend each other.

@Crackers.9628 said:

Now I don’t have any skin in the game but it would seem that @BadBrain.2195 has a more likely scenario. Not to say that ‘ganging people at the duel spot’ is wrong, but complaining about retribution is.. well to quote @Sobx.1758 ’hypocritical’
  2. In the scenario I ganked someone when they were dueling.Yes. Which, to hearten back to @"AliamRationem.5172" red is dead. That’s fine.Which means I attacked someone on the other server. PvP, WvW, is any form of "retribution" warranted against someone attacking an enemy player?

Again, back to ‘red it’s dead’: you got chased down and killed.

The part I have an issue with is the complaining that it’s ‘toxic’.

You people are holding hands above each others head. Just stop sieging people, stop whispering them, etc. No need to come on the forums and make up stories to defend each other.

Or to come onto the forum and complain about it happening.

Incorrect on both points.

Not offended. ?

And it isn’t ‘toxic’ behavior. You ‘ganked’ someone by your own words in your posts,

And were subsequently chased down and killed.

While not a game style I would do, it isn’t toxic. You both killed an enemy combatant.

The difference is you think your attempt was somehow more just and ‘by the rules’ than the other guy.

Just as a side note: nothing they did is against the TOS.

@Crackers.9628 said:

Now I don’t have any skin in the game but it would seem that @BadBrain.2195 has a more likely scenario. Not to say that ‘ganging people at the duel spot’ is wrong, but complaining about retribution is.. well to quote @"Sobx.1758" ’hypocritical’
  2. In the scenario I ganked someone when they were dueling. Which means I attacked someone on the other server. PvP, WvW, is any form of "retribution" warranted against someone attacking an enemy player?

Nobody is "holding hands above each others head" here, you might want to stop with your conspiracy theories, because not only I have nothing to do with those players you try to connect me with, but also I've literally never put a siege on anyone (mainly because I don't see the point).It seems you want to try and claim you can do whatever you want in wvw, which is fine. But then... you don't want others to do whatever they want? If you interrupt people's duels, you can expect retribution, isn't this just logical? You might think it's unwarranted or unfair, but that doesn't matter. The overal (and well known) consensus is to not interrupt duels in the known dueling areas and if you go against it... Well, don't complain that people treat you like you apparently treat them. If you want to gank people and find fights during roaming then avoid dueling areas, that's all. If you decide to keep interrupting people there, then imo you're the one being the problem here, not people that try to protect them.

Before you dish out another one of your theories: I'm not even dueling in those areas, I just don't like the concept, but I understand why people enjoy it (not a rocket science). I just don't touch them, because why would I even pretend it's a valuable fight for me? It's not.And btw I don't understand why anyone would be so offended by the siege drop (again: I'm never did that, I don't see the point). If you're so worked up by it, just get up and you won't have an opportunity to be so offended by a bunch of pixels. Unless, you know, the point is to actually complain on the forum that people don't behave like you want them to behave while you actively interrupt set up duels in well known designated (by players themselves) dueling areas. At that point you're just willingfully creating your own problems.

• Confused 1

This discussion is pointless as both of you ignore whatever you want, make up things order to make a point, and shift goal posts continuously to win an argument.

If I was toxic I would not make this thread. I don't attack people who are dueling. I don't gather a group of guildies to chase down someone spawn after spawn. I don't transfer servers to help my buddies on the other server. I don't whisper people to tell them they are trash.

I've played 15k hours of dota and trust me, any dota player is used to toxic behaviour. After I opened this topic I got 3 people telling me I'm trash and dropping siege. I don't complain because it's part of the game. However, this group of server hopping griefers are just a level of toxic not experienced before hence why I opened the thread.

That is the last I will say, since you seem hell bend on making up the rules to somehow paint me as the bad guy. If you want a real discussion stick to what you actually know (hint: nothing) about this situation and don't twist everything I say into a story. 90% of your arguments are completely fabricated.

I am trashtalking all day to gankers, griefers, duell spectators deciding to kill me after I passed by to not disturb them and so on.

The game mode is unbalanced,some classes promote toxic playstyles,multiplayer video games are generally full of failed real life existences looking for a compensation,the average age of the players in GW2 (at least in WvW) is fairly young, because the game is cheap.

One leads to another. If someone has fun to annoy me, I annoy him too. Everything else is just unhealthy for oneself. After telling an idiot, that he is an idiot I am instantly feeling better.

Feel free to block or report me. You have every right to do so.

Side Note: Esp. the server the OP is on is well known for gank squads. That irony...

@"Crackers.9628" said:This discussion is pointless as both of you ignore whatever you want, make up things order to make a point, and shift goal posts continuously to win an argument.

What did I ignore before this claim? How did I "shift goal posts continuously"?I don't see it.

If I was toxic I would not make this thread.

Well, we can see you instantly start namecalling people in this thread if they dare saying anything you dislike/disagree with. But sure.

90% of your arguments are completely fabricated.

Like what? I base what I said on 2 people in this thread: you and the guy you confirmed was the guy opposing you. Notice how all you do in this post is just throw some generalized accusations with no substance at all.

...ah and you're the one that change the versions of the story here. First you say "you were roaming and got killed, so you went back and killed him", then you flipped it into "you were dueling and got killed, so then you killed him back in his duel". If anyone makes up the story as the thread goes, it seems to be you tbh.

You don't want people to trashtalk you? Report and block you. Easly solved.You don't want people to drop siege on you? Don't stay on the ground. Solved. (but as a siege-non-dropper I still don't understand what's so triggering in this action, who cares? Why?)You don't want people from your own server mysteriously unite against you? Stop interrupting duels. Solved.

• Confused 1

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Crackers.9628" said:This discussion is pointless as both of you ignore whatever you want, make up things order to make a point, and shift goal posts continuously to win an argument. 90% of your arguments are completely fabricated.

All I did was quote your posts.....

How am I making things up?

You literally changed one of my posts you "quoted" into something I did not say.

A lot of good points have been made and I guess that we all recognise that it is not a fsp-rof-problem. I would like to turn the attention to a higher level. I guess that the level of toxicity increased because players are bored. It thereby becomes a much bigger problem for anet.

@"Sinfullysweet.4517" said:I will admit I block, compose a message, then unblock an opposing player.

Difference is I never have sent a toxic email. It’s always “That was an epic fight! I appreciate you and the fun. May my bag have dropped ascended mats. Have an awesome day”

An 99% of the time we become friends. I have even asked what am I doing wrong because I should be able to counter. And again I end up becoming friends. That’s how to be non toxic. ?

I did that the other week. Came across a very skilled tempest on the other team. Blocked, then friended, then whispered them "well played". Credit where credit is due. They were superb.

Yesterday i did meet toxic player. I was trebbing sm while listening audiobook and this one bearbow ranger tried to shoot barrage whole time. Told him stop that or i pause my book and kill him. He was like i have right to defend sm or some low rank player nosense so i stealthed and one hitted him and he was like "you play useless troll build". I then whispered that i block him because elitespec user, toxic and under 6k rank. Then he did go crazy and started to treb tower from sm. :#

@KrHome.1920 said:I am trashtalking all day to gankers, griefers, duell spectators deciding to kill me after I passed by to not disturb them and so on.

The game mode is unbalanced,some classes promote toxic playstyles,multiplayer video games are generally full of failed real life existences looking for a compensation,the average age of the players in GW2 (at least in WvW) is fairly young, because the game is cheap.

One leads to another. If someone has fun to annoy me, I annoy him too. Everything else is just unhealthy for oneself. After telling an idiot, that he is an idiot I am instantly feeling better.

Feel free to block or report me. You have every right to do so.

Side Note: Esp. the server the OP is on is well known for gank squads. That irony...

Thanks for illustrating the point that it isn't the people who just play the game and kill enemy players that are toxic, but the people who are too sensitive to handle being killed in a video game. Gank squads? From your description it sounds like somebody decided to kill you, you made up arbitrary rules of etiquette in your head to make them out to be the bad guy for doing so, and then you immediately go toxic and start trash talking. Congrats! You're part of the problem!

@Hesione.9412 said:

@"Sinfullysweet.4517" said:I will admit I block, compose a message, then unblock an opposing player.

I did that the other week. Came across a very skilled tempest on the other team. Blocked, then friended, then whispered them "well played". Credit where credit is due. They were superb.

Awesome! I do like the randomness of WvW and 1vx leads to some fun fights even between players of disparate skill levels, but every once in awhile you encounter a stand out player and I will generally take the time to acknowledge that (And who knows? Maybe even get some nice duels in against them!).